• 82(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
@DBMandrake
See: https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/c...b1d1cf3305
If I understand correct that "might" fix it, have you tried to update firmware?
(2014-04-23, 12:56)miappa Wrote: @DBMandrake

Yes, DBMandrake's file should be fixed with latest firmware.
There is also a patch on newclock3 which avoids any framerate switching problems when "adjust display refresh rate to match video" is set to off or on start/stop.
Thanks, I´ll post a new build tonight.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Apr 21 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• Master: Some fixes, e.g. fix for AIFF playback failure
• NC3: Updated and fixed 3D resolution/switch/pixel ratio
• NC3: Fix for ”Adjust display…” problem when set to "off" or "on start/stop"

Firmware from April 23 included:
• video_decode: Allow skipped frame. Make quality threshold higher to avoid false switches

Additional info and testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O xbmc-14-20140423-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/00mSLX --no-check-certificate
pv xbmc-14-20140423-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140423-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140423-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot
(2014-04-23, 13:21)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 12:56)miappa Wrote: @DBMandrake

Yes, DBMandrake's file should be fixed with latest firmware.
There is also a patch on newclock3 which avoids any framerate switching problems when "adjust display refresh rate to match video" is set to off or on start/stop.
I can confirm the latest build plays my sample file without jumping between frame rates. I don't have a sample file to test that the dynamic refresh rate switching actually works though - I presume I need a file where the actual measured frame rate within the file does not match what the container says ? For example the frame rate is really 24fps but the container says 25fps. Anyone know of a sample ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-04-23, 12:18)popcornmix Wrote: New link works.
Okay I have seen it stop when rewinding with dvdplayer (not seen a crash yet).

When I play a DVD from a menu rewinding seems to reliably cause the RPi to reboot, or sometimes XBMC to exit. When playing a MPG or VOB directly it will sometimes reboot, but more common is DVDPlayer exiting. I used split to cut the first 30mb (then 50mb, then 80mb) from a VOB file, hoping to get a file that would cause a reliable reboot, but I get the same results.
Now with latest 2014-04-23 build Hyperion works again!! Many thanks! You just made my day. Smile
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Apr 27 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• Master: Many fixes e.g. PVR version bump, ActiveAE, subs search, plugin start, dvd- and paplayer etc.
• NC3: [cec] Don't suspend pi on tv switch off - it can't wake up

Firmware from April 27 included:
• alsa: fix for wrong volume when starting playback
• Support passthrough through alsa with channels=0

Code:
wget -O xbmc-14-20140427-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/UmK6V1 --no-check-certificate
pv xbmc-14-20140427-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140427-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140427-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot
(2014-04-27, 20:44)miappa Wrote: Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Apr 27 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• Master: Many fixes e.g. PVR version bump, ActiveAE, subs search, plugin start, dvd- and paplayer etc.
• NC3: [cec] Don't suspend pi on tv switch off - it can't wake up

Firmware from April 27 included:
• alsa: fix for wrong volume when starting playback
• Support passthrough through alsa with channels=0

Code:
wget -O xbmc-14-20140427-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/UmK6V1 --no-check-certificate
pv xbmc-14-20140427-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140427-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140427-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

Hi miappa
I have tried to install all of the 14 Gotham builds and everytime the Redbull.tv app stops working!
Right now I'm on "Updated Gotham build 20140406 in post #1111" And there the Redbull app works as intended.

How can I get it to work?

BR
Bengt
Before I post the next build;
I managed to make a new build after the ffmpeg 2.2 commit (byt running ffmpeg before configuration and added some missing depends to the toolchain), but xbmc.bin is almost 4 times as big as before (over 80MB)!

It seems to run fine, but I just want to check if anyone knows if this is correct before I post the build...?
(2014-04-30, 12:11)miappa Wrote: Before I post the next build;
I managed to make a new build after the ffmpeg 2.2 commit (byt running ffmpeg before configuration and added some missing depends to the toolchain), but xbmc.bin is almost 4 times as big as before (over 80MB)!

It seems to run fine, but I just want to check if anyone knows if this is correct before I post the build...?

ffmpeg is now statically linked, rather than being loaded as a dll, so I guess bigger is expected.
(there should be some no longer required libav*.so and libswr*.so that should account for the difference)

You might want to check that ffmpeg was built with release flags, as a debug build would be much bigger.
I see that all of the libav*.a + libsw*.a (+ libpostproc.a) went into xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib after running ffmpeg (+ *.pc files in pkgconfig).
I take it those are not needed after compilation? That would make quite a big difference.

Also the headers, but those are small...

Do you know if debug is enabled or disabled by default?
The following is the default but I couldn´t figure it out:
Code:
ifeq ($(Configuration), Release)
  ffmpg_config += --disable-debug
endif
(2014-04-30, 12:11)miappa Wrote: Before I post the next build;

Seems like a big change to make to a core component after RC1 - or is this only going into master and not getting merged into the Gotham branch ?

Does it still make sense for you to make builds from the master branch instead of the Gotham branch if they are starting to diverge this much ? What branch will Sam likely use when he makes an official Gotham release I wonder ?

Questions, questions. Smile
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-04-30, 12:44)miappa Wrote: I see that all of the libav*.a + libsw*.a (+ libpostproc.a) went into xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib after running ffmpeg (+ *.pc files in pkgconfig).
I take it those are not needed after compilation? That would make quite a big difference.

Try deleting them and see if you can still run xbmc and play videos.

There should be a config log where ffmpeg was built that should confirm if it is debug enabled or not.

(release builds should not have debug enabled as debug builds are noticable slower).
@popcornmix
Thank, did delete them and it´s running fine.
I have the config log but could only see a couple of "debug" mentioned where it seemed to be enabled...
config.log

If that is the case, do you think I could just delete the 'if' and set it to disabled?

@DBMandrake
Hehe, yes... XBMC 14 has now opened up for new features, this is not for Gotham.
Up until now Master (Helix since a while) and Gotham has been pretty much identical since there has only been bug fixes.
So, if you want Gotham you should install Sam´s builds (from Gotham) as those are quite stable and not much will change until release.

Of course it makes sence to stick with master, development must go on. Wink
And Gotham builds (beta/RC etc.) you can easily install either from Raspbmc settings.

From now on the test builds from me will be Helix only, Gotham ”test” builds will be provided through official channels.
So count on more buggy builds from here... but the last one seems very stable though.
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15