• 11(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Hi Miappa,
I am now testing your 13-20131128 build and all seems good to me :-) I did delete settings before I restarted.
As you say, it seems to be significantly faster this time.
Thanks to yourself and Dom and all the other developers working on XBMC, especially for the Pi.
Regards, Kevin.,
(2013-11-29, 23:15)Caine72 Wrote: Do not think it's the PSU ( will check it out thought, but it have to wait until monday when i can get a hold of a multimeter) by itself.
In my mind it's more plausible that it might be my OC that has become unstable with this build.

One issue with optimising xbmc, is more work gets done in the same time (i.e. number of jpegs decoded per second, or the number of frames of GUI rendered per second), and that does (usually) consume more power.
That's no problem if your power supply is good, but if it was borderline to begin with, then a more optimised build may expose the limitations.
(2013-11-30, 19:03)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-11-29, 23:15)Caine72 Wrote: Do not think it's the PSU ( will check it out thought, but it have to wait until monday when i can get a hold of a multimeter) by itself.
In my mind it's more plausible that it might be my OC that has become unstable with this build.

One issue with optimising xbmc, is more work gets done in the same time (i.e. number of jpegs decoded per second, or the number of frames of GUI rendered per second), and that does (usually) consume more power.
That's no problem if your power supply is good, but if it was borderline to begin with, then a more optimised build may expose the limitations.

Last time i checked it was running an average of 4.95 volts during stress tests (full library scan,1080p DTS movies, AC3 Decoding) and PSU is labeled at 2000 mAh, so even if it's not living up to it's full potential it should be sufficient.
Unless it's starting to go bad, it feels like it would not be that. I will however measure it again as soon as i get my hands on a multimeter on Monday.

On another note: Think I might have solved my issue. *crossing my fingers*
Tried removing my OC ( amongst other settings normally running the cpu at 1100 ) and turned it back down to Normal.
Still had locking issues when idling and scrolling thru menus.
Removed the guisettings.xml.
Had no issues since.
There is one major problem in the 'next' firmware builds. They still have the Dolby digital noise distortion on pause. Can the firmware be updated to reflect the fix instituted for this issue? I can't possibly continue to use these when every time I pause or skip I'm exposed to that screeching noise.
Update to latest firmware from master tree.
There is no reason at the moment to use the firmware from "next" (afaik).
Regarding ,external subtitles (.srt and .sub) I have had some time to test.
Tested with "clean" builds from xbmc master:
Last working build: 13.0 Alpha10 Git: 20131108
Not working: 13.0 Alpha10 Git: 20131109

So, probably something here that caused the issue.

Will test some more, was thinking of reverting some commits but several merges might depend on each other so perhaps not that easy...

I don´t know if there is a trac regarding this.
(2013-12-03, 20:08)miappa Wrote: Regarding ,external subtitles (.srt and .sub) I have had some time to test.
Tested with "clean" builds from xbmc master:
Last working build: 13.0 Alpha10 Git: 20131108
Not working: 13.0 Alpha10 Git: 20131109

So, probably something here that caused the issue.

Will test some more, was thinking of reverting some commits but several merges might depend on each other so perhaps not that easy...

I don´t know if there is a trac regarding this.

Yes, I've done the git bisect:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1561397

There's a trac issue for subs out of sync after buffering:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14730

but I'm not sure if that's related to the "all subs appear at time 0" bug.
New Gotham build, again from popcornmix´s newclock3.
Rebased on XBMC master on 3rd of December, so early in the merge window -> likely to have some issues.
See newclock3, some new PR´s from bavison and popcornmix and a bunch of stuff from XBMC master.

However... I know this is a long wanted feature… GUI sounds!
NB! Audio passtrough is not yet compatible with GUI sound. So either disable passtrhough or don´t enable GUI sound.

If you have firmware prior to late November I recommend that you update the firmware to latest from master tree (as explained in post #1).
To install, SSH to Pi and:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131204-newclock3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/mbQOsh --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131204-newclock3
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131204-newclock3.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131204-newclock3
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.

If you jump from a build prior to late November I recommend that you delete (rename to keep a backup) guisettings.xml.
(2013-12-04, 23:24)miappa Wrote: NB! Audio passtrough is not yet compatible with GUI sound. So either disable passtrhough or don´t enable GUI sound.

Small heads up!
On my system even thought I turned of the GUI Sound feature, passthrough does not work. ( as a precaution removed the guisettings.xml before switching to latest build this time).

When starting a video I get stuck on a black screen( similar to when the audio output was changed from HDMI to Analog) as long as I keep passthrough turned on. Turn it off(independent of GUI Sound setting), everything works.
There are 2 places to turn on and off GUI sound and I think the correct place (in this case) is in Settings/System/Audio Output/.
Have you tried to disable them both (and rebooted, also check that all settings are still correct and in place)?

But I might have misunderstood this.

Also, skin.widgets is broken in this build, there is a fix for this so I will make another build tonight or tomorrow.
What about subtitles?
Ah, So the Settings/Appearance/Skin/Navigation Sounds affects this too?
I thought only the Settings/System/Audio Output/Play GUI Sounds was enough.
Did not even think of it until i read your post. Only figured i needed to turn of the, in my mind, main switch.

Can confirm that one needs to turn of both (see below) to make passthrough work:
Settings/Appearance/Skin/Navigation Sounds
Settings/System/Audio Output/Play GUI Sounds
Updated Gotham build, in short same as previous build but with some fixes (such as fix for broken skin.widget). I also see some PVR PR´s, other than that it´s pretty much exactly the same as the previous build

To install, SSH to Pi and:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131205-newclock3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/4njZQ5 --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131205-newclock3
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131205-newclock3.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131205-newclock3
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.
@fernandovg
No, external subtitles has not been fixed. It works, and there are no unsync problems, but starting, skipping and resuming movies with external subtitles are still....a pain to be honest.
I don´t think that Dom´s link/trac is related, so I´ll make a trac ticket this weekend (video + logs) if I have time.
Running airplay(ios 7.x) video in raspbmc?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15