• 14(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Thanks Dom!
The calibration values are saved ok after restart. Will do some more tests and let you know.
this build is working really well so far.

But I noticed something that drove me nuts for a while, I could not figure out until I compared to my other setup that works.
As soon as I add <buffermode>1</buffermode> in advencedsettings.xml I get several error with files not loading.
This causes a bunch of issues such as guisound not working etc.

Here is a log with buffermode in advancedsettings: http://pastebin.com/UCrYEjKR
And here is a log when buffermode is not in advancedsettings: http://pastebin.com/5MF9w2cr
Edit: Both from same Pi and setup, only difference is buffermode in advancedsettings.

I first had readbufferfactor (4.0) as well, but added one line at the time, buffermode seems to be the problem.
(2013-12-09, 16:34)miappa Wrote: But I noticed something that drove me nuts for a while, I could not figure out until I compared to my other setup that works.
As soon as I add <buffermode>1</buffermode> in advencedsettings.xml I get several error with files not loading.
This causes a bunch of issues such as guisound not working etc.

It seems most file operations with cache enabled are failing. e.g.
Code:
15:13:24 T:3041296928   DEBUG: CFileCache::Open - opening </home/pi/.xbmc/addons/packages/addon.xml> using cache
15:13:24 T:3041296928   ERROR: Open - failed to open source </home/pi/.xbmc/addons/packages/addon.xml>

(but there are hundreds). Obviously not much will work if opening files is failing.
I don't imagine this was caused by any recent commmits I've done - Are you sure this failure is new to this build?
No, I don´t know when this was introduced. I did not know about the changed setting (alwaysforcebuffer ->buffermode) so this is the first time I tried it since the change.

Edit: I can try to track it by testing different builds.
popcornmix, I only have one 3D movie SBS that XBMC detects OK as 3D but It don't activate my Samsung TV 3D mode (2012 model). I have to manually activate 3D on my remote.

When I choose SBS (Lado a Lado) after hit play (https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4fh76x393crca...hot005.png). The screen appears SBS but the left/right images appear inside the left panel. Its like a SBS inside a SBS.
I could not take a screen shot when 3D SBS is active. Is this a bug (screenshot with SBS active)?

Here's how appear as Mono:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1gnxf9lwpf14o...hot006.png

Don't know if this is still in DEV. Sorry if is not supposed to work yet.

Also have you had the time to check this?
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13889

I'm using newclock3 Dec-08 build

Let me your if you need anything.
(2013-12-09, 17:39)fernandovg Wrote: popcornmix, I only have one 3D movie SBS that XBMC detects OK as 3D but It don't activate my Samsung TV 3D mode (2012 model). I have to manually activate 3D on my remote.
Can you post link to xbmc.log after trying to play this file, and output of:
Code:
tvservice -s
when playing it.
Note: you need "adjust refresh rate to video frame rate" enabled for auto switching to work.

(2013-12-09, 17:39)fernandovg Wrote: I could not take a screen shot when 3D SBS is active. Is this a bug (screenshot with SBS active)?
This works fine. E.g.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...hot003.png
Note: the SBS gui takes more processing to generate, so there's not much background time for writing the PNG (which requires compressing a 4MB file).
You need to be patient. Stop the video, want 60 seconds and it should be there.
If the file is there with 0 length, then you need to wait longer.

(2013-12-09, 17:39)fernandovg Wrote: Here's how appear as Mono:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1gnxf9lwpf14o...hot006.png

Don't know if this is still in DEV. Sorry if is not supposed to work yet.
Supposed to work, but when testing I did find some mixing up of Stereoscopic off vs Stereoscopic mono, and it not always updating the stereo mode when movie is playing.
I've updated the "mono" commit on newclock3 which is now working better.

(2013-12-09, 17:39)fernandovg Wrote: Also have you had the time to check this?
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13889

The intended behaviour is that calibration is ignored when the movie is flagged as 3D (i.e. it makes the stereoscopic dialogue pop-up).
I would have thought that was the correct behaviour.
Wait for an updated build with my last commit, and try again.
If it fails then take a screenshot of video in SBS mode and also rename the file so it is not detected as 3D, disable calibration and check if that works okay.
@popcornmix
Regarding buffermode, it´s not specifically newclock3, it´s in master.
This was a bit more difficult to track than I though, I don´t know when they changed the name and I also found this (merged 10th Nov) so it could be even earlier.

This is what I tested and found:
With <buffermode>

20131109 works
20131110 broken

But with the typo fix in mind I am wondering if it really is this (merged 6th of Nov) that caused the issue.

As I don´t know when they changed the name I also tested the following with both <buffermode> and <alwaysforcebuffer> (separately):

20131105 works with both
20131025 works with both
20131020 works with both

Then I got tired… Wink
Thanks! will do that. For now:
pi@raspbmc:~$ tvservice -s
state 0x12001a [HDMI CEA (32) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 24Hz, progressive

I have disabled the "adjust refresh rate to video frame rate". will enable tonight.
BUT if I have hdmi_mode=32 in config.txt. will adjust refresh rate work?
I would add this hint about refresh rate in the "stereoscopic dialogue pop-up". What do you think?

If you ignore video calibration (my case I have overscan) I will miss those pixels that are "outside" the screen. Even with 3D I have overscan.
Also there's the offset (because the overscan to the left and to the right - 3D SBS). IMO, if you consider the calibration, will be no offset in SBS
will do this tests tonight/soon and let you know

I will compare with the TV player and let you know.

thanks for you fast reply.
(2013-12-09, 19:19)fernandovg Wrote: I have disabled the "adjust refresh rate to video frame rate". will enable tonight.
BUT if I have hdmi_mode=32 in config.txt. will adjust refresh rate work?
I would add this hint about refresh rate in the "stereoscopic dialogue pop-up". What do you think?
Why do you have this set? What happens if you remove it?
Yes, it will stop switching to a 3d mode from working (and also stop the ability to match framerate of TV with video).

(2013-12-09, 19:19)fernandovg Wrote: If you ignore video calibration (my case I have overscan) I will miss those pixels that are "outside" the screen. Even with 3D I have overscan.
Also there's the offset (because the overscan to the left and to the right - 3D SBS). IMO, if you consider the calibration, will be no offset in SBS
will do this tests tonight/soon and let you know
You really should disable overscan on the TV. This is possible on virtually every TV (certainly one new enough to support 3d)
Check the display menu options on TV (it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1").
Thanks! Didn't know that. Will check it out.

About hdmi-mode. I fixed the 24hz in order to play 1080p videos smoothly. Am I'm doing this wrong?
Almost all my videos are 23.9xx hz
Do not set it in config.txt.
If you set "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" it will automatically switch set the TV to 24Hz when you start a video (or to 50Hz for a 25/50fps video etc.)..
(2013-12-08, 22:05)miappa Wrote: All 1080-settings in guisettings.xml got the following values which caused issues when switching off the guires limit:

I've worked out how the guisetting.xml/calibration works and have made some changes to newclock3.

I've got it to assign unique names for resolutions with different clamping, so changing the clamping doesn't result in a broken gui.
I've made the guires limit an integer control (e.g. set to 720 for how it used to be, and set to 1080 for unclamped. You may also try custom settings).
The guires now defaults to 1080. I think there is not much performance cost to this, so it is the right setting for most.
You must restart xbmc after changing guires, but the gui shouldn't be broken.
Existing calibration settings will be ignored (I don't know if they were set with guires enabled or disabled), so you will have to set them up. Hopefully only once.

There is also a fix for 3D playback and mono.
Thanks again, will upload a new build soon.

Edit: By the way, regarding 3D, choosing "None" seems to work as mono (that´s why I thought it worked), is this correct or should that do nothing?
Updated Gotham build from Popcornmix´s newclock3, rebased on XBMC master on Dec 9.
Features/fixes:
See last build +
• Correct playback for options when starting a 3D movie (mono and none)
• Fix for minature gui which could happen when toggle guires limit

If you don´t have libdvdcss already you will have to compile this as explained in post #1.
Latest firmware from master tree recommended, also explained in post #1.

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131209-newclock3-dvd.tar.gz http://goo.gl/CFgTwR --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131209-newclock3-dvd
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131209-newclock3-dvd.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131209-newclock3-dvd
cd xbmc-13-20131209-newclock3-dvd/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.
(2013-12-09, 22:57)miappa Wrote: Thanks again, will upload a new build soon.

Edit: By the way, regarding 3D, choosing "None" seems to work as mono (that´s why I thought it worked), is this correct or should that do nothing?

That was my initial thought, but I think None should play the video untouched (as if 3DSBS wasn't in filename).
Mono should play just the left eye part of image.
SBS and TB will play the video the same as none, but will duplictate the gui.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15