• 16(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Miappa,

Filename in wget command has wrong name.... Shouldn't be "...20131212-nc3..."
Yes, my bad, fixed it now.
Thanks for that. Smile
Miappa it is possible to to install this builds with the New filesystem posted by sam in the raspbmc forum
Just to let you know, the issue with .mov files from iOS7 library is still there ;(. Exactly same behavior...
@ranem123
Yes, no problem.
Have in mind, if you are jumping from a pre December build (or from Frodo) you should delete guisettings.xml.
And the database files might have been updated as well so you might have to re-scan your libraries.

@etronic
I tested as well, didn´t work.
But playing .mov files directly works (copied the same video from my iPhone and played over network just to test if it was a codec issue).
Updated Gotham build from Popcornmix´s piaudio_sink with newclock3 patches, rebased on XBMC master on Dec 14.

Main feature (test) and quote from popcornmix:
Quote:This is using ActiveAE engine with a Pi specific sink.
It also enables paplayer for audio. This means that features like gapless audio (cross fading) and replaygain should work.
Also GUI sounds will be using this.

I've been working with FernetMenta the last few days and he's made some AE improvements that makes this look promising.
(And there's plans for a bit more optimisation to come).

I'm thinking about making this the default in the future, but want to check if performance is okay, and there are no stutters, glitches or lagginess on audio.
Video playback will still use omxplayer, and should behave as before.

If you don´t have libdvdcss already you will have to compile this as explained in post #1.
Nov/Dec update or latest firmware from master tree recommended, also explained in post #1.

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131214-nc3-dvd-ae.tar.gz http://goo.gl/CccvEV --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131214-nc3-dvd-ae
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131214-nc3-dvd-ae.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131214-nc3-dvd-ae
cd xbmc-13-20131214-nc3-dvd-ae/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.

Sam´s omxalsa patch is not included in this build.
Paplayer needs to be set in advencedsettings, but as Raspbmc sets this by default no changes should be necessary.
Small feedback
* GUI sounds is dropping evey now and then
* Playing DVD iso (I only have one for testing purposes) defaults to dvdplayer which does not work well. Choosing omx works like before.
(2013-12-15, 01:44)miappa Wrote: * GUI sounds is dropping evey now and then
After the sink's sampling rate changes (e.g. when starting or stopping paplayer) the gui sounds may need resampling.
This is quite slow, and if it's not finished the sound is skipped. This can last several seconds.
Is this when you see it, or some other situation?
Setting resample quality to low may reduce the time this persists for. Setting output configuration to fixed stops the sink changing sampling rate, so should avoid this.

(2013-12-15, 01:44)miappa Wrote: * Playing DVD iso (I only have one for testing purposes) defaults to dvdplayer which does not work well. Choosing omx works like before.
Not spotted that. I'll look into it.
@popcornmix, I have a suggestion now that I'm using "Adjust refreshrate to match video fps"
Is it possible to keep the same video calibration (in my case, the subtitle position because the other settings are 0,0 and 0,0) regardless the framerate of the screen ?
The frame rate does not affect video calibration, only the resolution. Isn't it ?
Otherwise I have to set subtitle position(and/or video calibration) for every FPS.

Doubt: I didn't understand what is "ActiveAE engine with a Pi specific sink."
ActiveAE on Pi uses too much CPU load and AFAIK Its not a good idea to enabled it.
So, this commit will help on this matter?
thanks!
(2013-12-15, 14:55)fernandovg Wrote: @popcornmix, I have a suggestion now that I'm using "Adjust refreshrate to match video fps"
Is it possible to keep the same video calibration (in my case, the subtitle position because the other settings are 0,0 and 0,0) regardless the framerate of the screen ?
The frame rate does not affect video calibration, only the resolution. Isn't it ?
Otherwise I have to set subtitle position(and/or video calibration) for every FPS.
While I agree with you, it's not how xbmc works on any platform. You have to calibrate every refresh rate separately.
Feel free to create a general xbmc forum post, or trac ticket to make your view known.

(2013-12-15, 14:55)fernandovg Wrote: Doubt: I didn't understand what is "ActiveAE engine with a Pi specific sink."
ActiveAE on Pi uses too much CPU load and AFAIK Its not a good idea to enabled it.
So, this commit will help on this matter?

This is what the test build is out for.
There are a number of potential benefits (gapless, cross-fade, replaygain, audio ff/rew).
There are some potential downsides (CPU usage, possibly lagginess or stuttering).
The test build allows people to comment on whether this version is better than the previous.
If most people prefer it, it will become the default. If most people dislike it, it will be dropped (or improved).

When I investigated this a year ago, Audio Engine was very CPU heavy and enabling it slowed down the whole of xbmc.
ActiveAE was a rewrite of Audio Engine designed to be more efficient.
And some CPU heavy parts of the code have been improved while developing the Pi sink.
If you disable gui sounds and "keep alive", then there should be zero effect on CPU when using the GUI or playing videos.
When audio is active (e.g. with "keep alive") it costs about 2% of CPU which seems reasonable.

There are a few expensive operations, like resampling the gui sounds when the sink's sampling rate changes,
but the code has been tweaked to minimise the effect of this, and there is scope for GPU accelerating the resampling and mixing.
(2013-12-15, 01:44)miappa Wrote: * Playing DVD iso (I only have one for testing purposes) defaults to dvdplayer which does not work well. Choosing omx works like before.

I've updated, and OMXPlayer will now be used for DVD iso.
deleted Question was rubbish
@popcornmix
Is this PR new? I did not remember that one.

Also, how does this one work and does one need to do anything else (on Raspbmc)?

Regarding DVD iso playback, it works now (did a merged build before you merged everything, but I missed a couple of PR´s), but when you choose player it still defaults to DVDPlayer, but OMX is used no matter what you choose.

Regarding GUI sounds, it does drop out no matter settings, but it only happens after some type of action such as change settings, play something or sometimes going into menu or similar. It seems to happen more on Amber than in Confluence so I guess it might be something woth those files.
Have not tested that much though, will test more on the new build.
(2013-12-16, 21:16)miappa Wrote: Is this PR new? I did not remember that one.
The code was there before, but this time I cherry-picked it, so it kept the author.

Quote:Also, how does this one work and does one need to do anything else (on Raspbmc)?
Yes, that patch won't help (nor harm) raspbmc, as xbmc isn't run as root.
The correct solution is to add:
Code:
*                -       nice            -1
to end of /etc/security/limits.conf. (Although I guess that has to be a manual step).

Quote:Regarding DVD iso playback, it works now (did a merged build before you merged everything, but I missed a couple of PR´s), but when you choose player it still defaults to DVDPlayer, but OMX is used no matter what you choose.
The intention that dvdplayer is mapped to omxplayer. I don't believe there is any useful reason for using dvdplayer on Pi.
I've never seen a video where software decode is fast enough.
Updated Gotham build from Popcornmix´s newclock3, merged with piaudio_sink, rebased on XBMC master on Dec 16.

Same as last build with some fixes, see here for everything.
Feedback appreciated, see comments in last build for more info.

If you don´t have libdvdcss already you will have to compile this as explained in post #1.
Nov/Dec update or latest firmware from master tree recommended, also explained in post #1.

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd.tar.gz http://goo.gl/5xtIaH --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd
cd xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15