• 17(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Thanks. With this new audio settings I checked my tv model and it say is compatible with DTS and DD and DD plus but when I run 'tvservice -a' I only get 'PCM supported'

Who is right?
If its compatible and its not showing what should I do?

http://m.samsung.com/br/consumer/tv-audi...0GXZD-spec

Thanks!
Downloaded this new build and will test it
Hello

i´m new to this forum and i´m looking for a gotham build for my Xbian 1 beta 2 on my Raspberry.
Is it possible to install these releases also on my Rpi in the same way?
Thanks for your help

Yami
(2013-12-16, 23:04)miappa Wrote: Updated Gotham build from Popcornmix´s newclock3, merged with piaudio_sink, rebased on XBMC master on Dec 16.

Same as last build with some fixes, see here for everything.
Feedback appreciated, see comments in last build for more info.

If you don´t have libdvdcss already you will have to compile this as explained in post #1.
Nov/Dec update or latest firmware from master tree recommended, also explained in post #1.

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd.tar.gz http://goo.gl/5xtIaH --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd
cd xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.
Thanks to your great help miappa, i came to test that build. I can now report. The first thing is that i have a lot stuttering playing 720p and 1080p, which i dont have with the september speed build.
The video loading time is damn fast, but it seems to struggle with buffering afterwards Confused

Here is a log http://pastebin.com/5KA9U97b (not debug, tell me if you want one in debug).
Also if it can be of any help here is my config.txt
Code:
start_file=start_x.elf
fixup_file=fixup_x.dat

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_edid_file=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_ignore_cec=1
hdmi_pixel_encoding=2

arm_freq=900
sdram_freq=500
gpu_freq=175

force_turbo=1
disable_overscan=1

gpu_mem_256=128
gpu_mem_512=256

hvs_priority=0x83ff

Will try and test it more

EDIT: tried xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd. Also this time i did not forget to remove guisettings.xml Confused No more stuttering. You guys are awesome!
Will keep on testing

Thanks
@carmenm
(2013-12-17, 17:49)carmenm Wrote: [EDIT: tried xbmc-13-20131216-nc3-aae-dvd. Also this time i did not forget to remove guisettings.xml Confused No more stuttering. You guys are awesome!

Yes, when when system settings is added, deleted, changed etc. starting with a fresh guisettings.xml is recommended. Otherwise you might run into trouble with "invisible" or old settings and have conflicts.

Another thing;
Gpu_freq will set all gpu clocking including core_freq. Core_freq has a big impact on performance in XBMC.
If you still want to downclock some gpu freqs I would recommend that you do that separately.
For stability, if you use the same pll (default) they should have a relation with an even integer such as 1/1, 2/1 or 3/2 (for example, good numbers if gpu clocks are set to 250 is 250, 500 or 375). So with gpu_freq 175, 350 would be a good value for core.
However, if you don´t use analogue audio you can use a spare pll for core_freq with the following setting and this relation will not matter:
Code:
avoid_pwm_pll=1
In other words, if you set this you can set core_freq to whatever without stability (or performance) issues (unless you set it to high or to low of course).
On high overclocks you might need to overvolt to get it running (and most important, have a good power supply where voltage does not drop to low), but have in mind that if you use force_turbo + overvolting you may set warranty bit.
Some info on this: http://elinux.org/RPiconfig#Clocks_relationship

On the other hand, maybe you are happy with your setup and already have tested different settings.

@yami
I honestly don´t know Xbian, but I doubt very much that they have the same structure as Raspbmc, so no it will not work.
@miappa: once again thank for all those informations! To tell you the truth i tested a few values (taken from forums) without really taking in account the relation between values.
I will try and remove my gpu_freq setting.

Now about reporting on the build. Everything is running really smoothly. The gui is crazy fast compare to the september speed build. I have watch 720p without any problem (i use dts passthrough). I have watched one 1080p without problem.
I have one 1080p that was stuttering yesterday, will try and post a log for it.
Airplay is working well (ios 6.1) with still some buffering issues. Had the problem yesterday but not this morning. Will try and post a log.
Globally perfect!

Thank you
Updated Gotham build, based on XBMC master Dec 20 with newclock3 commits.

New features / fixes:
• Libcec 2.1.4 (new libraries + binary included)
• Spectrum changes (improved + handled by paplayer)
• Several things from XBMC master

See previous builds for all changes and what to test, specifically regarding ActiveAE.

If you don´t have libdvdcss already you will have to compile this as explained in post #1.
Nov/Dec update or latest firmware from master tree recommended, also explained in post #1.

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131220-nc3-aae-dvd.tar.gz http://goo.gl/eewUl5 --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131220-nc3-aae-dvd
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131220-nc3-aae-dvd.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131220-nc3-aae-dvd
cd xbmc-13-20131220-nc3-aae-dvd/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.

If you come from an old build or from Frodo, deleting guisettings.xml is recommended.
Also, re-check all settings as some things can sometimes change, I ran into some trouble with resolution being set to 720 and therefor no 24Hz, but changing it back to 1080 solved the problem (deleting guisettings is still best).
@miappa, thanks!
Doubt: Do I need to do something in Raspbmc to enable AE or not?
No, Raspbmc has always set paplayer for audio in advancedsettings.xml (even if it has not been used).
Just "Press play on tape"! ;D
@popcornmix
I noticed that Raspbmc set´s streamsilence to false as default in advancedsettings. This will override gui settings, correct?
Is the toggle in XBMC master? Or in Frodo backport for that matter?
If so I believe that this should be changed..
(2013-12-20, 20:41)miappa Wrote: @popcornmix
I noticed that Raspbmc set´s streamsilence to false as default in advancedsettings. This will override gui settings, correct?
Is the toggle in XBMC master? Or in Frodo backport for that matter?
If so I believe that this should be changed..

I believe streamsilence in advancedsettings will disable the GUI option, so it should be removed.
@miappa did you notice that sometimes when you FF/RW, subtitles dont appear anymore? I have to FF/RW to make them appear again.
Thanks.
(2013-12-17, 16:49)yami Wrote: Hello

i´m new to this forum and i´m looking for a gotham build for my Xbian 1 beta 2 on my Raspberry.
Is it possible to install these releases also on my Rpi in the same way?
Thanks for your help

yami,

XBian provides gotham package the same way as frodo package. Frodo currently as default.

install gotham with

apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly
I profess I am a dumbass, but can anyone provide instructions on how to install these complete builds for a nubbin?

I have standard RASPBMC release (NOV) I would like to try one of the builds mentioned.

Totally familiar with SSH etc, just need to know the actual process.

I have so far done the following, but end up in a relax loop:

mkdir /home/pi/.upgrade/<build dir>
[in build dir] gunzip <build tar>.gz
[in build dir] tar cvf <build tar>.tar
service xbmc stop
mv /home/pi/.xbmc /home/pi/.xbmc.bak
rm /home/pi/.current_xbmc
ln -s /home/pi/.upgrade/<build dir> /home/pi/.current_xbmc
service xbmc start

Any help greatfuly recived.
It's all given here with needed commands:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1578456