• 34(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Lirc changes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4001/files
I have not looked into exactly what changed though.

Also, the Raspbmc remote patch is probably not doing it´s job as many things has changed, don´t use it myself so haven´t looked into it properly to be honest.

I believe that you can place a Lircmap.xml in the userdata folder and edit it from there (/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata).
You can copy the one being used located in /home/pi/.xbmc-current/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/.
Or perhaps use the original Frodo version located in /opt/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/.
Thanks. I'm now using the lircmap.xml from the build on the 4th. Working nicely.
(2014-02-09, 21:40)miappa Wrote: Lirc changes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4001/files
I have not looked into exactly what changed though.

Also, the Raspbmc remote patch is probably not doing it´s job as many things has changed, don´t use it myself so haven´t looked into it properly to be honest.

I believe that you can place a Lircmap.xml in the userdata folder and edit it from there (/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata).
You can copy the one being used located in /home/pi/.xbmc-current/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/.
Or perhaps use the original Frodo version located in /opt/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/.

Hi miappa

I noticed my xbox1 remote having issues when I tried your nightly a couple of days ago and spent quite a bit of time looking into it before finding out that Lircmap.xml had changed as you mention.

While it is quite simple for me to add my own Lircmap.xml to make it work correctly (and I have done this), I presume this is something that would need to be reported to raspbmc (when official nightly builds restart?) rather than xbmc?

The xbox1 remote is seen as devinput when I use irw, so I assume there is something raspbmc config.

Ben
I agree... and disagree. Wink
XBMC is multi platform so one should have that in mind, but the optimal thing would be to have a working lircmap file as default no matter platform or OS.
But of course there might be some things that you need to patch, but depending on what this is it might be something that one should do individually.

So in your case this seems to be something you should first report to XBMC. The changes to "devinput" is the default lircmap on all platforms (probably only linux distro´s affected though).
No specific distro should need to remap something completely, the only reason why a distro should patch anything would be if a button causes issues.
If it doesn´t work at all is a different story of course.

If the answer is that this is the way it should be, then one could look into if anything specific needs to be patched by Raspbmc or if anything is needed on the OS level.
(2014-02-10, 09:12)miappa Wrote: I agree... and disagree. Wink
XBMC is multi platform so one should have that in mind, but the optimal thing would be to have a working lircmap file as default no matter platform or OS.
But of course there might be some things that you need to patch, but depending on what this is it might be something that one should do individually.

So in your case this seems to be something you should first report to XBMC. The changes to "devinput" is the default lircmap on all platforms (probably only linux distro´s affected though).
No specific distro should need to remap something completely, the only reason why a distro should patch anything would be if a button causes issues.
If it doesn´t work at all is a different story of course.

If the answer is that this is the way it should be, then one could look into if anything specific needs to be patched by Raspbmc or if anything is needed on the OS level.

I'll happily report this to xbmc, but first I just want to know if the xbox1 remote reporting itself as devinput is a raspbmc specific thing or is this how it's handled in Linux these days. In my past experience with Lirc, there was a lircd.conf and a lircrc, but I think things have changed a bit since then.

I might ask a question on the raspbmc forum first before I log it so I have a better understanding of how things are working.

Thanks
Ben
Ah... that´s a good point and I honestly don´t know, and the Raspbmc forum is as you say probably the best place to ask.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Feb 10 + newclock3 commits + additional fixes.

Some info:
• Several fixes regarding subtitles
• Some fixes for Pi audio sink
• + same newclock3 commits as previous build (koying´s libcurl/openssl PR reverted)

New firmware available that might fix issues with video stutter and OMXPlayer (install separately, see post #1):
• Fix for files with time stamps glitches
• Fix for packed/unpacked bitstream

Recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140210-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/ZMIFjq --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140210-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140210-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140210-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140210-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.

People who want to test new firmware and packed/unpacked bitstream, add the following in config.txt:
Code:
avoid_ts_fix=0
People who want to test fix for time stamps glitches, add the following in config.txt:
Code:
max_clock_drift=100
max_clock_drift_rate=100

Add all 3 lines and test if one is uncertain what might cause stutter, or just to see if it causes any other issues.
@miappa @popcornmix

This plugins come with XBMC isn't ?
I don't use them! And they are not installed in my /home/pi/.xbmc/addons
What's happening with the dependencies check ?

15:56:09 246967.093750 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon plugin.video.gamestar requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
15:56:09 246967.593750 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.module.brightcove requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
15:56:10 246968.140625 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.module.dialogaddonscan requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
15:56:11 246968.781250 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.gmail.checker requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
15:56:11 246968.781250 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.gomiso requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
15:56:11 246968.796875 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.ibelight requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
15:56:11 246968.812500 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.linphone requires xbmc.python version 1.0 which is not available
15:56:11 246968.859375 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.linux.nm requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
15:56:11 246968.859375 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.lrclyrics requires xbmc.python version 1.0 which is not available
15:56:11 246968.890625 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.module.brightcove requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
15:56:11 246968.937500 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.module.dialogaddonscan requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
15:56:11 246968.984375 T:2773480512 DEBUG: Addon script.module.myconnpy requires xbmc.python version 2.0 which is not available
No, none of these comes with XBMC.
Either you have an addon that depends on them or you are trying to install an addon that depends on them -> will not work.
Perhaps you are using Frodo repository from somewhere(?).

Also, I believe that the addon database has been bumped to a new version (15->16).

Edit: To be more specific, when you install an addon several addons/scripts can be installed if the first one depends on them. You can see in addon.xml what is included.
@fernavndog
Your previous issue, could this be the solution: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4185
?
Yes. Thanks! Will wait to be merged.
Do these builds include the fix for trac 14707 (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14707)?

Because when I use these builds (currently Feb 10) artists still get added as the musicbrainz id.
That should been fixed with this commit that went into master on Jan 4th (if it is the same issue).
If you still have same issue I suggest that you make a thread in the general support forum.

Side note: The fix says "as an option". Perhaps there is a setting you have missed?
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Feb 12 + newclock3 commits + additional fixes.

Some info:
• Fix crash when entering an empty tvshow
• Keep viewtype consistent for addons and remove view flickering on add-on launch
• Fix for dvd menu that have a single video frame as still
• Fix incorrect settings query that can cause video stutter
• Additional fixes in newclock3 and in new firmware
• + same newclock3 commits as previous build (koying´s libcurl/openssl PR reverted)

New firmware available Feb 12 (update separately, see post #1):
• Additional lines in config.txt ’max_clock_drift_rate’ + ’max_clock_drift’ is no longer necessary.
• Fix crash that could occur when passthrough dts packet is short
• Set validity bit for audio passthrough formats to avoid noise when unsupported by tv/receiver

Recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140213-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/iUuKeX --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140213-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140213-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140213-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140213-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.
Hello!

Tried the new build and finally the dvd menu seems to be solved! Yippie!!!

But unfortunately another bug is present at the moment:

Most of the videos during dvd playback are played upside down?

Here's a logfile: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=130602

The first video has been played correctly, next comes the language selection menu (that is finally useable Smile and at last the warning video against piracy is played upside down....
(I tried several dvds and all of them show the same behaviour, sometimes when I enter the main menu the background video is played in the correct direction, next I enter a submenu and return to the main menu and now the background video is played upside down?)

But thanks for the fix for the dvd-menus!
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15