• 42(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Quote:How high?

LOL
(2014-02-25, 18:31)R-max Wrote: I just updated my pi and all the videos are jumping
any idea where that come from ?

You'll need to describe a lot more specifically what the problem is. I have no idea what you mean.
Is picture moving up and down. Is it seeking around randomly. Is it pausing to buffer?
ahaha ok sorry i admit bad explanation
here a example

http://cl.ly/132d3w1i2438

that's a lot of jump
I am trying out a new somewhat lightweight skin (this one).
It is running fast and nice…. in the beginning, I noticed that performance gets worse and worse for every minute (small explanation here).

This even if I leave the Pi alone.
Of course I suspected the slide show etc. in the background, but wasn´t sure that this is a bug (caching etc.) or if this is not something that Pi can handle.

I suspected this PR and I am now running a build prior to that to see if there is an improvement.
It seems to work much better.

@popcornmix
Do you think that this is a regression in PR#4234 or is Pi or another commit since the 13th?
Running build from 13th Feb (priot to PR#4234) and everything is much better. A bit early yet though, but it is a lot faster so far, running for almost 30 minutes which before showed a big regression (almost unusable).
Should I make a new build with that PR reverted to see if it works better or do you have any other idea´s?

Complete log from latest build (regression): http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=138634
Complete log from 13th FEB build (working): http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=138637

Edit: I think I start to see small regression on 13th build as well, but not as fast and not as big. I´ll run it for a short while and see if it really is better, and if so how much.
(2014-02-25, 19:34)R-max Wrote: ahaha ok sorry i admit bad explanation
here a example

http://cl.ly/132d3w1i2438

that's a lot of jump

Okay, that looks like frames being played out of order.
Is this using omxplayer? (i.e. you haven't deliberately switched to dvdplayer)
Did this work okay in a previous build? What was the most recent build that it worked in?
Can you upload a small sample file (e.g. 200MB) that shows the problem?
This is using the omxplayer i tried with dvdplayer and the video is fine except the image is upside down
The previous version i used was 20131223 and the video was fine
You need to update firmware, see post#1.
(2014-02-25, 19:37)miappa Wrote: I am trying out a new somewhat lightweight skin (this one).
It is running fast and nice…. in the beginning, I noticed that performance gets worse and worse for every minute (small explanation here).

I've not seen this issue. I'm currently running Aeon Nox 5 which surprisingly runs pretty well on the Pi (it's a lot lighter than Aeon Nox 4) and that's been continuously running for some days.

I wouldn't expect it to be PR#4234 - that should only affect going into the top level library views (movies, tv, music), whereas I assume it is continuously sluggish for you?
A guess a memory leak (especially if swap is enabled) could cause a slowdown. As could many other things. Milhouse's bcmstat.sh script is useful for tracking memory/cpu.

Feel free to try to bisect where the error occurred (and push out test builds if others are seeing the issue).

I'd be quite careful about deciding when something is fixed. Make sure you switch between the good and bad build a few times to be sure.
xbmc will be more sluggish while addons are being updated, or have just scheduled something to be done.
Not everything slow that xbmc does shows up in the log (although obviously while it is slow you should check for anything unusual appearing in log).
I couldn't see anything obvious on a quick scan through the log though.
(2014-02-25, 19:53)miappa Wrote: You need to update firmware, see post#1.

Actually, old firmware could explain the "jumping".
(2014-02-25, 19:55)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 19:53)miappa Wrote: You need to update firmware, see post#1.

Actually, old firmware could explain the "jumping".

Thank you for your help.
Can i update the firmware with ssh ? (sorry to ask this question)
(2014-02-25, 20:00)R-max Wrote: Can i update the firmware with ssh ? (sorry to ask this question)

Yes. run wget on the links in first post. Copy to /boot (with sudo). Reboot.
Hi, have a little question :-)
(Yes, is'nt the right place to ask)

...have some people here an RPi-Display running on XBMC? [https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display#rpi-display]
I've tried to configute this - have no idea to build this in xbmc - in Rasbian work this 2.8" LCD-Touchscreen - but the FBTFT Framebuffer and X-Start will not work in XBMC?

THX @Lord have mercy

little old doldi without jump on Video :-)
(2014-02-25, 20:16)doldi Wrote: ...have some people here an RPi-Display running on XBMC? [https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display#rpi-display]
I've tried to configute this - have no idea to build this in xbmc - in Rasbian work this 2.8" LCD-Touchscreen - but the FBTFT Framebuffer and X-Start will not work in XBMC?

THX @Lord have mercy

little old doldi without jump on Video :-)

I know nothing much about this, but xbmc won't be able to drive this display directly.
The link suggests running fbcp allows omxplayer to show video. You will need to use that.
Note: this won't be very efficient. I would expect only a low video framerate.
THX popcornmix
a low video framerate that's absolutly correct - but my "Dream" is to handle and start only the Menue from XBMC...i had a dream ;-)
(2014-02-25, 20:08)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 20:00)R-max Wrote: Can i update the firmware with ssh ? (sorry to ask this question)

Yes. run wget on the links in first post. Copy to /boot (with sudo). Reboot.

Thanks for your help but it looks too complicated for me to update the firmware without a step by step tutorial
i'll have to go back to a previous build
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15