• 68(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
(2014-03-27, 22:31)miappa Wrote: As you see it is already a fix for the sound issue so it´ll be included in next build.
No problem. I'll just hang back on the March 23 build until the next build comes out, unless anyone needs any more debugging done on the issue. Smile
Quote:Just so frustrating though, we seem to have a very similar setup (+ same build & firmware) but it really does work here and I cannot reproduce it...
Yep, that's why we have public beta testing... Wink
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-03-27, 19:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 19:46)ElectricPim Wrote: In contrast I experienced slight increased CPU usage with this build. From 28-32% to 33-38% playing an AVI file with DvDplayer. Just 1 file tested.

Can you post mediainfo of file and describe your audio settings (hdmi/analogue, number of channels, passthrough etc)
(or post a debug log)
700MB AVI mpeg4 XVID stereo Hifiberry DvDplayer, FAST overclocking (900)
Code:
NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86017, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, no pass-through)
NOTICE:  fps: 25.000000, pwidth: 624, pheight: 256, dwidth: 624, dheight: 256
NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080 (1920x1080) @ 60.00 - Full Screen (16)
I hope this is enough.
When i play video files on gotham 14 i can inly hear sound, no video is coming ...help

Wierd... working now after 2 reboots..
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Mar 27 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• Master: [shairplay] Fix password protection & socket race condition (updated libraries included)
• Master: Some PVR fixes
• NC3: [PiSink] Analogue only supports stereo
• NC3: [PiResample] Work around AE not providing correct src_bits

Firmware from March 27 included

Additional info and testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O xbmc-13-20140327-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/AWsyRh --no-check-certificate
pv xbmc-13-20140327-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140327-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140327-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot
Just loving this effort. My card nuked the /boot partition during the initial attempt to upgrade this way so did a fresh windows installer card and the only thing required extra to get this method of update working was to manually create the .update directory.. Fine work indeed.
Great work indeed. I had a freeze on first rebooted after upgrade, but rebooted again and its all good.
(2014-03-27, 23:07)ElectricPim Wrote: 700MB AVI mpeg4 XVID stereo Hifiberry DvDplayer, FAST overclocking (900)
Code:
NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86017, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, no pass-through)
NOTICE:  fps: 25.000000, pwidth: 624, pheight: 256, dwidth: 624, dheight: 256
NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080 (1920x1080) @ 60.00 - Full Screen (16)
I hope this is enough.

Can you post a debug log. I'm not sure that the new code will be active under these conditions.
Hello,
Thank you for the all the effort that you've been doing to keep the updates going.
I've updated from the stable latest RaspBMC (2013 December) onto the latest beta RaspBMC build (march 27) and everything seems to be perfect. However, it seems that some of the lircd (IR remote) keybindings do not work anymore. For example when I press "KEY_TITLE" or "KEY_ESC" nothing happens. I do know that they key inputs are getting registered. All other keys on remote work just fine (checked by doing 'irw'). Back with the stable version the KEY_TITLE would bring the 'CodecInfo' view and KEY_ESC would do 'Back' action. I did not change any configs after the update and can not find anything myself how to bring those actions back.
Anyone has experienced same problem and know a solution?

EDIT: The log does not have any errors or anything related that might show the issue.
Yes, some people have experienced various changes in Gotham and new settings and files.
I have not looked into making any patches for this, I´ll leave that for Raspbmc to decide what should be default.
You could try to restore your old lircmap.xml and put it in your userdata folder, this will override the default settings and (probably) restore the old functions.

Run the following to copy the old Lircmap.xml to your userdata folder:
Code:
cp /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml

Reference from this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1623463
(2014-03-28, 15:36)miappa Wrote: Yes, some people have experienced various changes in Gotham and new settings and files.
I have not looked into making any patches for this, I´ll leave that for Raspbmc to decide what should be default.
You could try to restore your old lircmap.xml and put it in your userdata folder, this will override the default settings and (probably) restore the old functions.

Run the following to copy the old Lircmap.xml to your userdata folder:
Code:
cp /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml

Reference from this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1623463

This fixed the issue! Thank you for the fast reply Smile
Please excuse my ignorance, new member and all that, but how do I get hold of the latest builds? I'd love to help testing (and run the bleeding edge version of course!).

Many thanks,

Cleggy.
See a couple of posts above (#1009 specifically).
(2014-03-28, 10:11)rTiGd2 Wrote: Just loving this effort. My card nuked the /boot partition during the initial attempt to upgrade this way so did a fresh windows installer card and the only thing required extra to get this method of update working was to manually create the .update directory.. Fine work indeed.

Hi rTiGd2,
I'm loving it too, but was triggered about your remark about a nuked /boot partition. I tried to upgrade to the latest test build a couple of days ago, but was confronted with all kinds of kernel errors and a hanging Pi at the point where I tried to copy the boot files to /boot. I rebooted and retried it a couple of times, each case with the same result (kernel errors and a hanging Pi). Fortunately it still booted correctly each time. Since this, I also notice occasional corrupted font rendering in subtitles and GUI. Certain characters are shown completely mutilated, but not consistently... Maybe related, probably not...?

I was planning to create a fresh install this weekend to get rid of this, thinking it was just some anomaly. But now I see your report about a corrupted boot partition, I thought it may be interesting to report my case as well.
Any other people with corrupted boot partitions?...
Signed up here just to say thanks and great work on these builds of Raspbmc, I installed the one before last of the latest builds after running stock frodo for a week or so. I am amazed at how much better optimised this build and indeed Gotham is, the PVR channel changing is instant and the look of the guide with the time line etc are just great.

Will keep an eye on progress of this build, it really is good.
(2014-03-28, 16:38)jeroenz Wrote:
(2014-03-28, 10:11)rTiGd2 Wrote: Just loving this effort. My card nuked the /boot partition during the initial attempt to upgrade this way so did a fresh windows installer card and the only thing required extra to get this method of update working was to manually create the .update directory.. Fine work indeed.

Hi rTiGd2,
I'm loving it too, but was triggered about your remark about a nuked /boot partition. I tried to upgrade to the latest test build a couple of days ago, but was confronted with all kinds of kernel errors and a hanging Pi at the point where I tried to copy the boot files to /boot. I rebooted and retried it a couple of times, each case with the same result (kernel errors and a hanging Pi). Fortunately it still booted correctly each time. Since this, I also notice occasional corrupted font rendering in subtitles and GUI. Certain characters are shown completely mutilated, but not consistently... Maybe related, probably not...?

I was planning to create a fresh install this weekend to get rid of this, thinking it was just some anomaly. But now I see your report about a corrupted boot partition, I thought it may be interesting to report my case as well.
Any other people with corrupted boot partitions?...

You'll find this is just a 'fact of life' for RPi, especially if you overclock, have less than optimal power supplies, don't shut down cleanly etc.. The issue of /boot (or any partition corruption) isn't through the fault of XBMC, more just the nature of the architecture coupled with the disk happy nature of an OS like Linux. Thankfully, it's quite easy to start from fresh. Perhaps even get the base install of RASPBMC installed and running first time, then cleanly shut down and image the card.

So tempted buy https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/woo...-displays/ in order to get it working with RASPBMC and then donate the required additions to the build back to this project Smile
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15