• 73(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
(2014-04-06, 00:40)miappa Wrote: Edit: Nope, get the same problem, so something in master, or something in my buildroot or the way I compile that finally caught up.
Probably going to need help with this, have no idea how to debug it.
Are you using your own local git repository to merge the commits from master and newclock 3 ?

You know the last version that worked ok so why not try a git bisect on your local repository to find exactly which commit you merged introduced the bug ? As long as you can consistently reproduce it it shouldn't be difficult, and as you only have a few days worth of commits it should only be a few rounds of bisecting...

(I'm currently doing two lots of bisecting to track down two different bugs introduced since Frodo which nobody knows when they were introduced - it's taking a while as I have a whole years worth of commits to bisect which is about 12 rounds with a 15-30 minute compile each time Tongue a few days worth of commits should be a walk in the park by comparison)
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Mine did reboot spontaneously but after a while, a few hours. Reverted back to the 2nd of april build.
@DBMandrake
Sorry, I edited that post as soon as I noticed that I made a mistake to not add any confusion (I pretty much created an identical build).
You posted in between so I probably added to the confusion instead. Wink
(2014-04-06, 10:08)miappa Wrote: @DBMandrake
Sorry, I edited that post as soon as I noticed that I made a mistake to not add any confusion (I pretty much created an identical build).
You posted in between so I probably added to the confusion instead. Wink
I'm not sure if I understand what your Edit 2 is saying though - are you saying its a build mistake not a bug in the source ?

If it does still turn out to be a bug in the source I would still suggest running a bisect to find the guilty commit...
I thought I made an identical build with a commit reverted (just like you suggested, bisect) but I noticed that I created the tarball from the same problematic build due to my scripts (same date).
So I have not properly tested yet.
Ah got it. Wink
@popcornmix
Is this one new (it wasn´t in the build from April 2nd)?
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...e9f4657f3d

If so, could it be related to the problems we are seeing here?

Edit: I now see that there are many more changes in nc3 I previously missed. I cannot simply revert commits as some are replacements for others etc.
Just to confirm it´s nothing in master (or my buildroot) I will try a build from todays master and drop nc3 from April 2nd on top of it.
Edit: sorry, misread.
(2014-04-05, 23:48)miappa Wrote: Will test without ”Only extract thumbnails and video info from real video stream” and report back (maybe tomorrow)

I've looked at that commit and can't imagine it causing the issues reported, but please test with it reverted.
Did the firmware change with this build?
Might be worth reverting that to the firmware from the previous build if it did.
(2014-04-06, 11:22)miappa Wrote: @popcornmix
Is this one new (it wasn´t in the build from April 2nd)?
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...e9f4657f3d

That should just be a restructuring as some of the commits have been submitted to master.
I believe the files affected files were identical (except for whitespace) before and after the change.

I'm currently running my own openelec build from top of newclock3 and haven't seen any problems.
Hey popcornmix,
As you suspected, reverting that commit did not help.

But reverting firmware to 30th of March seems to work, only tested briefly though. But I have at least not been able to reproduce it as easily as before (just adding a new movie and highlight it cause freeze/reboot/corrupted images, and that seems to work now).

But, running build from April 2nd and last firmware also works.
@anyone running build from April 4th with issues
Revert firmware and try, appreciate feedback. Works fine here and if confirmed I will make an updated build with reverted firmware.
Download the followinf files and replace the files on your SD card:
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/b...f?raw=true
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/b...t?raw=true
Latest OpenElec + latest Xbmc+latest newclock3+latest firmware=freeze and reboot like Raspbmc.

Could someone with a problem test this build:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669..._nopll.elf

It's a fixed 128/128 memory split (doesn't need fixup.dat) test build with one of the changes reverted.
Replace start.elf (or start_x.elf) with it and test if it works okay. If it does I'll push make an official build.
Tried it: rebooted, added a movie, highlighted and crash (first froze for 10 seconds then reboot).

Edit:
Version:
Code:
pi@raspbmc:~$ vcgencmd version
Apr  6 2014 12:17:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 5bc3b6dc81a8cc0ee62da775836bb772406c2fe3 (tainted) (release)
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15