• 91(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Regarding newclock4, does that mean that dvdplayer will have similar performance as omxplayer when paying high bitrate 1080p files? Last time I tried it it wasn't playing all of my files that well. But it was long ago that I played with experimental builds.
(2014-08-04, 15:10)luksol Wrote: Regarding newclock4, does that mean that dvdplayer will have similar performance as omxplayer when paying high bitrate 1080p files? Last time I tried it it wasn't playing all of my files that well. But it was long ago that I played with experimental builds.

From thread next door:
Quote:omxplayer enabled will always be lower cpu than disabled. Omxplayer effectively runs the scheduling/rendering/audio engine/sink code on the GPU rather than the arm. That will always be true.
omxplayer rendering is not coupled to gui rendering, so you can have OSD updating at ~10fps and video updating at 30fps (or even 60 for deinterlaced).
Currently dvdplayer is coupled, which means cpu is higher due to OSD being forced to render at video framerate.
Logicially this doesn't have to occur (due to OMXRenderer), but needs some work to decouple the video rendering from OSD rendering.

Basically now dvdplayer is lower cpu with newclock4 than newclock3.
When rendering is decoupled the cpu should be reduced further.

I'm not sure where we will be then. At a guess I'll say raw blu-rays will be omxplayer only.
I'm hoping moderate bitrate 1080p (e.g. 10-20Mb/s) will be okay with dvdplayer, but it could turn out to be better or worse than that.
(2014-08-04, 15:52)popcornmix Wrote: From thread next door:
Quote:omxplayer enabled will always be lower cpu than disabled. Omxplayer effectively runs the scheduling/rendering/audio engine/sink code on the GPU rather than the arm. That will always be true.
omxplayer rendering is not coupled to gui rendering, so you can have OSD updating at ~10fps and video updating at 30fps (or even 60 for deinterlaced).
Currently dvdplayer is coupled, which means cpu is higher due to OSD being forced to render at video framerate.
Logicially this doesn't have to occur (due to OMXRenderer), but needs some work to decouple the video rendering from OSD rendering.

Thanks

(2014-08-04, 15:52)popcornmix Wrote: Basically now dvdplayer is lower cpu with newclock4 than newclock3.
When rendering is decoupled the cpu should be reduced further.

I'm not sure where we will be then. At a guess I'll say raw blu-rays will be omxplayer only.
I'm hoping moderate bitrate 1080p (e.g. 10-20Mb/s) will be okay with dvdplayer, but it could turn out to be better or worse than that.

10-20Mb/s should be ok. I've got one file that is ~23Mb/s but I also have smaller bitrate version for players that cannot handle it. So it should be ok. Thanks.

Is this thread to be watched for newclock4 updates?
(2014-08-04, 16:10)luksol Wrote: Is this thread to be watched for newclock4 updates?

I'd subscribe to this and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192380.
I'll probably report on bug fixes and improvements in whichever thread reported the issue.
The behaviour of newclock4 should be similar in rasbpmc and openelec, so both threads should be relevant.
(2014-08-04, 16:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 16:10)luksol Wrote: Is this thread to be watched for newclock4 updates?

I'd subscribe to this and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192380.
I'll probably report on bug fixes and improvements in whichever thread reported the issue.
The behaviour of newclock4 should be similar in rasbpmc and openelec, so both threads should be relevant.

Done Smile
@alphatech69
A debug log will probably show something, but if I have to guess it´s probably a memory problem.

@all
Pushing a couple of builds soon... don´t be scared, Kodi is just as good as XBMC. Wink

Updated Helix build, Kodi/XBMC master from Aug 03 + newclock3 commits.

Kodi/XBMC Master:
Master changelog

Newclock3:
• fast channel switch, make sure extradata is decoded
• ffmpeg demuxer: allow a stream change if pat/pmt was not seen on open

GPU firmware from Aug 01 included:
• arm_display: Fix size of warning with lower resolutions
• gpioman: Add ability to set PLLs and gpio clocks
• arbiter: Increase HVS priority to 12
• gpioman: Add drive strengths to force gpio bank0 to 8mA (as it was before gpioman)
• OV5647 tuner. Avoid a global pointer for tuning config
• Add basic flash driver just using two GPIOs
• Add MMAL parameters for disabling stills and video denoise algos
• mmal: Support omx flag OMX_BUFFERFLAG_DECODEONLY

To install Kodi/XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20140804-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/vaVykh --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20140804-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140804-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140804-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info (testing, different players etc)
Updated Helix build, Kodi/XBMC master from Aug 03 + newclock4 commits.

NB! This is a more experimental build from popcornmix´s newclock4 branch.
See explanation here and here.

GPU firmware from Aug 01 included

Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20140804-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/GRVEOk --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20140804-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140804-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140804-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

Got some weird boot-issues with the last handful of releases. I've set it up once, in my setup, boot from SD and storage on an usb-thumb. so far so good, freshly installed and configured - working. watched some series the other evening and did shut down the device in the night. next day, booting up the rpi does not work (led stays simply red). switched the hardware to another pi of mine - same thing. re-created the sdcard (deleted all partitions, copied the relevant files ot it) - WORKING! ... eh?! ok then.. back working. watched some tv-series and did shut down the device at night. next day - SAME THING! pi not booting up. i then cloned the SD to another one (with minitool partiton master) - and? WORKING! ... eh?!?!?!?

any1 got a clue?

got the model b with 512mb, a 2A powerplug, cpu @900, core @400, ram@400. class 10 uhs1 transcend 8gb sd with an usb 3.0 transcend 8gb thumb drive.
I see you use OE as well which handles the update process differently, but the builds in here is only Kodi/XBMC builds (the rest is untouched) so the boot process has nothing to do with it (except for the GPU firmware, but if that was the case it shouldn´t really boot at all the first time).

There are a couple of things that comes to mind when you only get red light:
* SD card. Check if it´s bent or if it has cracks, both can cause bad (and random) connection.
* SD slot. Same as above.
* Power
* To high overclock
* Corrupted boot partition

My guess is the SD card as you mentioned that using a different one is working.
yes, i assumed the sd-card, too. but what's strange is, that when i rebuild the partitions and put it back in the pi - the device boots.
i'm gonna order a pi b+ and use a micro-sd card i guess... alls that plstic-stripes/pins/borders on this sd-card seem to be borken/gone/lost... strange thing - but it should not cause these issues, should it?
I believe it could.
At least on one of my Pi´s that´s exactly what happened, it didn´t press hard enough and the connection was very random. It did have cracks in the corners too though.
Have a different solution on all my Pi´s now with micro-SD´s and thicker adapters that always stays in, works really good.
The B+ should be a lot better in this sense.
Thanks for your thoughts! I'm gonna test it out with the B+!
I discovered yet another way to 'damage' the SD card so it loses contact - put it in a card reader I recently purchased to use with a PC. When pulled out there is a lot of resistance, and the card, while appearing OK, just doesn't work properly any more with the Pi.
Derek
Updated Helix build, Kodi/XBMC master from Aug 05 + newclock3 commits.

Kodi/XBMC Master:
Master changelog

Newclock3:
• [airplay] Fix for airplay init race condition (see this thread)

GPU firmware from Aug 01 included:

Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20140805-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/YTaQ02 --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20140805-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140805-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140805-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

(2014-08-05, 18:42)miappa Wrote: • [airplay] Fix for airplay init race condition (see this thread)

Please report back if you see any difference in behaviour with airplay.
This could fix intermittent issues with airplay sometimes working and sometimes silently failing.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15