• 106(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Nope, all Raspbmc scripts + version info is located in /scripts on Raspbmc.
You don´t use Raspbmc so this is probably not for you.
(2014-11-02, 17:34)miappa Wrote: Regarding PVR addons, I always compile the latest from opdenkamps (maser) git: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons
I see that mythtv was updated on the 20th of october, so it is diffrent from laast build from the 19th.
My guess is that the version you use on Ubuntu is before the xbmc.gui sync commits, see here: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...its/master
I guess you have to test to make sure, I don´t use PVR at all myself so cannot test.

Regarding /boot, there really is nothing else than the gpu firmware files (fixup_x.dat & start_x.elf) that is updated in my builds. Everything else is the same as stock Raspbmc release.
So I don´t bother with any sort of backup, if I need to revert I download those files from git (old versions) or I download the Raspbmc filesystem tarball and replace the files.

re: The xbmc-nightly versions. If I remove/purge/clean repos and then install latest nightly sudo apt-get install kodi pvr.mythtv the api version of the latest repo mythtv addon is out of date and does not work. I have posted this info on the PVR dev forum and on the pvr mythtv forum. I can see in the opdenkampf info that the api version should be ok but the addon that is pulled in is not compatible with the version of kodi. So some issue somewhere, I am a beginner with git etc. so go easy on me Smile

Thanks for the advice on /boot, it only takes a few seconds to backup/restore the whole /boot so I will leave that be, also a useful backup of config etc. should I need it in the event my sdcard implodes Smile I use 512mb-2GB sd cards left over from old phones and shiny new usb sticks for the installs. Never missed a beat so far.......

Thanks for the great work and for keeping kodi nightlies coming out for RaspBMC users. I will do a test shortly and report back.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
Also I tried and your new build does work thanks!
(2014-11-02, 17:42)expandables Wrote: I think the enable-kodi needs to be modified there isn't any directory called scripts or a person would need to make a directory called scripts "sudo mkdir scripts"

/scripts is a top level directory on RaspBMC.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
(2014-11-02, 18:11)sparticle Wrote:
(2014-11-02, 17:42)expandables Wrote: I think the enable-kodi needs to be modified there isn't any directory called scripts or a person would need to make a directory called scripts "sudo mkdir scripts"

/scripts is a top level directory on RaspBMC.

Cheers
Spart
I am not using raspbmc. I am using Raspbian.
(2014-11-02, 18:23)expandables Wrote: I am not using raspbmc. I am using Raspbian.

It is totally OK that you use my builds on Raspbian, but reporting problems etc. related to Raspbian in here is only confusing.
Raspbmc is not Raspbian, and these builds are intended to be used with Raspbmc.
So may I suggest that when you need support, or when you want to report bugs etc., open a new thread as reporting it in here will only confuse things.
(2014-11-02, 17:54)miappa Wrote: Nope, all Raspbmc scripts + version info is located in /scripts on Raspbmc.
You don´t use Raspbmc so this is probably not for you.

@miappa

In your enable-xbmc script would it not be prudent to simply restore the backup versions of the three scripts rather than copy from the online sources? They would be re-created if using enable-kodi again.
sudo mv /etc/init/delay-start-50.conf.bak /etc/init/delay-start-50.conf
sudo mv /etc/init/xbmc.conf.bak /etc/init/xbmc.conf
sudo mv /scripts/xbmc-watchdog.sh.bak /scripts/xbmc-watchdog.sh

Cheers
Spart
I thought about that, and expected a comment. Wink
I wanted to use as simple scripts as possible, and without checking what versions of the files or what version is active there is always a risk that you rename the wrong files etc.
And if you have no backup-files you have a problem.
Also, mv does not overwrite so you need to remove them first.
You could download all files directly and just rename them in the script, but then again there is always a risk that you rename the wrong files, and the scripts will not work if you haven´t downloaded the files in the first place.

So, I decided to have the script download the correct files so you don´t have to bother with such issues, and only use the backup files if you have problems with internet connection etc.
(2014-11-02, 18:40)miappa Wrote:
(2014-11-02, 18:23)expandables Wrote: I am not using raspbmc. I am using Raspbian.

It is totally OK that you use my builds on Raspbian, but reporting problems etc. related to Raspbian in here is only confusing.
Raspbmc is not Raspbian, and these builds are intended to be used with Raspbmc.
So may I suggest that when you need support, or when you want to report bugs etc., open a new thread as reporting it in here will only confuse things.
Yea i just realize that sorry about that.
(2014-11-02, 14:54)miappa Wrote: Updated Helix build, Kodi master from Nov 01 + newclock4 commits.

To install Kodi build, SSH to Pi (first run ’sudo enable-kodi.sh’ if not already enabled):

Just to confirm so I don't get in hot water...again...Need to run the enable kodi script before?? installing your new build?

Thanks.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
If you do it before or after doesn´t really matter, but see to that you do both before rebooting.
Either way, it is easy to recover if you forgot so no worries. Wink You will always be able to SSH in and run the script or install the correct build.

If you intend to use Helix you don´t need to run the script again on next build, you will only need to run them when you want to revert to older builds etc.
(2014-11-02, 19:04)miappa Wrote: If you do it before or after doesn´t really matter, but see to that you do both before rebooting.
Either way, it is easy to recover if you forgot so no worries. Wink You will always be able to SSH in and run the script or install the correct build.

If you intend to use Helix you don´t need to run the script again on next build, you will only need to run them when you want to revert to older builds etc.

Sweet. Got it. Give it a go.

Thanks so much.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2014-11-02, 14:54)miappa Wrote: Updated Helix build, Kodi master from Nov 01 + newclock4 commits.

Kodi Master:
Master changelog
• [CEC] bump libCEC to 2.2.0 + several more CEC related commits
• A lot of newclock4 features has now gone into master

Newclock4 additions:
• [mmalrenderer] Add choice of 3 deinterlace schemes
• [omxcore] Skip out of flush on error
• [SinkPi] Handle multichannel layout more like OMXAudio
• [rbp] Default extract thumbnails to false
• [cec] Add settings for configuring button repeats

An interesting new feature to test is the new repeat settings for CEC.
You find this in Settings - System - Input devices - Peripherals - CEC Adapter.

GPU firmware from Oct 17 included:
• arm_loader: Add lock to rotated frame updates to avoid an unsafe update from mailbox channel
• hdmi: Fix for attached flag in hdmi status when booting with cable disconnected

NB! To be able to run this build you must first run enable-kodi.sh as explained here!

To install Kodi build, SSH to Pi (first run ’sudo enable-kodi.sh’ if not already enabled):
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141102-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/aIyAEr --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141102-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141102-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141102-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info

OK, system upgraded using enable-kodi script and above instructions.

Boots ok. I get the following erros on entering main menu (confluence)
Raspbmc Setting failed
house_keeping.py failed

Good news is that the mythtv add on is working in this version (although it is an old version 1.9.20! (just in time to see Dean Martin and John Wayne in Rio Bravo in the classic scene in the sherrifs office realising he needs to quit drinking and step up, awesome. )

Will test overnight to see if anything else is amiss.

Cheers
Spart
The 'house_keeping.py failed' is most certainly from an addon that you have installed. A debug log will probably show which one.
I am also seeing the Raspbmc settings failed message, but I have not seen any ussues though, and the plugin seems to work.

@popcornmix
Some feedback;
The CEC repeat function is awesome, thanks for this!
I had forgotten how much I have missed this function.
I have a Panasonic Viera ST50 and my settings are 300 / 80 / 0.

One problem though:
I see a lot of suspicious activity regarding Platinum (UPnP?) in the log and i´s spamming quite heavily.
My log went to over 1MB in only a few minutes or so, and the activity disappears if I disable UPnP.
Log: http://pastebin.com/E5yFWK8q
(2014-11-02, 19:17)miappa Wrote: One problem though:
I see a lot of suspicious activity regarding Platinum (UPnP?) in the log and i´s spamming quite heavily.
My log went to over 1MB in only a few minutes or so, and the activity disappears if I disable UPnP.
Log: http://pastebin.com/E5yFWK8q

PR5588 recently enabled a lot of component debug logging by default, you'll just need to disable all of the spam (disable all component logging, or disable individual components).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15