• 111(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Hey Miappa I am using your builds in raspbian and i am getting a black screen on exit any help on why this is occurring?
Hi, i was unable to SCAN NETWORKS for wifi connections, its not working at all for several kodi versions.., and its not fixed on this new OSMC

Update1: I added all the info manually, but wifi its not working at all...,
@henryperu77
The Raspbmc addon might not work fully on Kodi so I suggest that you stick with Gotham if this is the case. I have not modified the addon at all in these builds.
It does work for the things I use it for though which is system settings and wired network.
Unfortunately I don´t use wifi and cannot test to confirm, but maybe others have more info.

And the OSMC test build is an old pre-alpha build without a settings addon at all.
Updated Helix build, Kodi master from Nov 07 + newclock4 commits.

Kodi Master:
Master changelog
• ffmpeg bump to 2.4.3

Newclock4 additions:
• Same as previous build

GPU firmware from Nov 07 included:
• hdmi: Fix for reported modes with hdmi_edid_file

NB! To be able to run this build you must first run enable-kodi*.sh as explained here!

If not already enabled, download and run enable-kodi2:
Code:
wget http://goo.gl/G4EG8M --no-check-certificate -O enable-kodi2.sh
sudo sh enable-kodi2.sh
To install Kodi build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141109-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/5eGJQB --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141109-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141109-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141109-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info
Can you fix the bug that kodi doesn't shutdown?
(2014-11-09, 16:21)miappa Wrote: @henryperu77
The Raspbmc addon might not work fully on Kodi so I suggest that you stick with Gotham if this is the case. I have not modified the addon at all in these builds.
It does work for the things I use it for though which is system settings and wired network.
Unfortunately I don´t use wifi and cannot test to confirm, but maybe others have more info.

And the OSMC test build is an old pre-alpha build without a settings addon at all.

Do you know another way to setup wired and wifi settings ? maybe tru ssh ?
@expandables
I saw the other thread, but I thought that it might be something with upstart and perhaps something with Raspbmc scripts. If I am correct this would not affect you as you use Raspbian, and personally I haven´t seen that Kodi hangs on Raspbmc, it´s reboot and shutdown that doesn´t work (Kodi is clearly quitting though so no hang).
Maybe it is the same issue though behaving different on Raspbian, and if that is the case there is something else that causes it.
I have looked for other things, such as changes in Kodi but haven´t found anything so far.
I will probably not be able to solve it as I don´t have a clue what the cause might be (absolutely nada in the logs), specially if it affects you on Raspbian too(?).

@henryperu77
Not really. I would check that everything is running and that your dongle is working, specifically check that drivers and dongle are working on stock Gotham.
You are really better off asking here: http://forum.osmc.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=7
Official stable release of gotham works fine I use this gotham release https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uh368dvs3l12x...505.tar.gz
But when i use any of your nightly releases I get the blackscreen exit problem with kodi still running.
(2014-11-09, 18:33)expandables Wrote: Official stable release of gotham works fine I use this gotham release https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uh368dvs3l12x...505.tar.gz
But when i use any of your nightly releases I get the blackscreen exit problem with kodi still running.

As we discussed on PM, I get a similar problem. However when I exit Kodi (which runs fine by the way latest miappa build), Kodi/xbmc is not running after I exit. The session on tty1 is just a black screen however the session is still there, I cannot access any other tty session or they are all black screen. If I type startx (I have xfce4 installed) I get a desktop on tty7 and if I logout I get a visible session back on tty1-6. I can obviously use this 'trick' to get around having to reboot to get back to a terminal session but obviously not ideal. There is nothing in the logs as kodi has terminated.

Cheers
Spart

UPDATE

If I run kodi from within xfce4 by running /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/kodi/kodi.bin then it runs fine. I get LiveTV etc. But on exit I get black screen and no access to any tty again. However it leaves a kodi process running this time that is not there when started from the command line. If I kill this tree using ssh and htop then I can get back to my tty's and xfce4 desktop.

I am using this expendables script to install maippa's build on raspbian.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
cd /home/pi
wget -O kodi-14-20141106-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/pGZmCZ --no-check-certificate
FILE=/home/pi/kodi-14*.tar.gz

echo "This script will update Kodi  if $FILE is found in the home directory of user [pi]."
if [ -f $FILE ]; then
   echo "$FILE found. Installing Kodi to /opt"
  cd /home/pi
  echo "Removing old Kodi."
  sudo  rm -rf /opt/xbmc-bcm
  echo "Extracting new Kodi."
  sudo  tar -xzf /home/pi/kodi-*.tar.gz -C /opt
  echo "Going into Kodi again."
  cd /opt/kodi*
  echo  "Moving Kodi again."
  sudo mv xbmc-bcm /opt/xbmc-bcm
  sudo  head -n 171 "/opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/FEH.py" > "/opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/FEH.py.new"
  sudo  mv "/opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/FEH.py.new" "/opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/FEH.py"
  echo "Allmost  done."
  sudo rm -r /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/script.raspbmc.*
  echo "Going to remove the old  kodi"
  cd /home/pi
  sudo rm -r kodi-14*.tar.gz
  cd /opt
  sudo rm -r kodi*
  echo "Done I will reboot now!"
  sudo reboot
else
   echo "File $FILE does not exist."
fi

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
@miappa can you at least fix the shutdown problem on the builds?
I suggest you read my previous post again, specifically the part where I mention that I have no idea what causes this...

Edit: One thing you could do to help is to revert to earlier builds and find out which build introduced this issue. I have no idea myself as I very seldom use shutdown/reboot (always have a SSH connection), but I believe it has been an issue for quite some time (long before the rebranding I think).
(2014-11-07, 18:28)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-06, 23:18)miappa Wrote: • [ResamplePi] Add support for formats that need shifting

Anyone with a HifiBerry (or other I2S card)? Can you test if the card works? Does GPU accelerated resampling also work?

My hifiberry digi works well on "gpu accelerated", passthrough enabled and transcoding in E-AC3 enabled too.

But I've now two new problems :

-> the fist is : I can't go out from screensaver. It activate without problem but when I make some activities, the screen keep going dark and the system keep working.

-> the second one is : The SD TV doesn't play smoothly when desinterlacing is enabled. When desinterlacing is disabled, it plays smoothly. Performance Issue ?
(2014-11-10, 14:50)feuille_de_lune Wrote: -> the fist is : I can't go out from screensaver. It activate without problem but when I make some activities, the screen keep going dark and the system keep working.
Always or just occasionally? What skin? I've seen reports of this on Gotham, usually with Amber (and related skins like Quartz), but it's quite a rare occurrence.
Quote:-> the second one is : The SD TV doesn't play smoothly when desinterlacing is enabled. When desinterlacing is disabled, it plays smoothly. Performance Issue ?
I assume this is using dvdplayer? (enabled by default with hifiberry)
Always, or just when OSD is active?
How is the "half" deinterlace method?
(2014-11-10, 14:57)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-10, 14:50)feuille_de_lune Wrote: -> the fist is : I can't go out from screensaver. It activate without problem but when I make some activities, the screen keep going dark and the system keep working.
Always or just occasionally? What skin? I've seen reports of this on Gotham, usually with Amber (and related skins like Quartz), but it's quite a rare occurrence.
It's always since I tried the skin Titan. I came back to Confluence and the problem keep going.

(2014-11-10, 14:57)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-10, 14:50)feuille_de_lune Wrote: -> the second one is : The SD TV doesn't play smoothly when desinterlacing is enabled. When desinterlacing is disabled, it plays smoothly. Performance Issue ?
I assume this is using dvdplayer? (enabled by default with hifiberry)
Always, or just when OSD is active?
How is the "half" deinterlace method?

Yes, I use dvdplayer and I've my mpeg2 and vc1 licenses. This problem is always present but stronger when OSD is active.
I tried the 3 methods of desinterlacing and only the total suits with French TV.
The "half" method make the video going faster and slow down many times by minutes.
Updated Helix build, Kodi master from Nov 09 + newclock4 commits.

Kodi Master:
Master changelog

Newclock4 additions:
• [curl] Avoid busy spinning when socket timeout is too low
• [dvdplayer] Allow new timestamp correction code to be disabled with an advancedsetting
• [dvdplayer] Try resetting the demuxer if audio and video remain out of sync

GPU firmware from Nov 07 included

NB! To be able to run this build you must first run enable-kodi*.sh as explained here!

If not already enabled, download and run enable-kodi2:
Code:
wget http://goo.gl/G4EG8M --no-check-certificate -O enable-kodi2.sh
sudo sh enable-kodi2.sh
To install Kodi build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141110-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/3HQKDd --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141110-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141110-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141110-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info