• 119(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
"Yes, I believe that is the latest build." ...make me a little bit melancholy, because OSMC is no option for the old Raspi.
Work not good. (Alpha4) Confused

I have steal a glance to openelec. And yes, my engish is terrible :-)
(2015-02-02, 19:46)doldi Wrote: "Yes, I believe that is the latest build." ...make me a little bit melancholy, because OSMC is no option for the old Raspi.
Work not good. (Alpha4) Confused

I have steal a glance to openelec. And yes, my engish is terrible :-)

I tried a few testfiles from http://jell.yfish.us/ on my old Pi B that runs OSMC Alpha 4 (usbinstallation and overclocked). Jellyfish-80-Mbps.mkv, [email protected], min bitrate: 75 Mbps, average bitrate: 80 Mbps, max bitrate: 87 Mbps was no problem at all.
@miappa

I am currently running 16/12/2014 version of your Kodi test builds. What are the steps to return to standard RaspBMC builds.

Do you think the new RaspBMC build will be a backward step fromteh build I am using and are there any DB or other issues to be wary of. I run a central MySQL server serving the DB to all clients. Currently using MyVideos90 and MyMusic48.

Many thanks
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
Hey guys,

Sorry for the silence.
I did for some time think about taking up the Raspbmc nightlies again, but since I don´t run Raspbmc myself and the fact that Helix was released I have decided not to push any more Raspbmc builds.
I haven´t updated the build environment in a long while, and this together with the name change... it´s just to much work to push test builds that will never see the light of day with a stable release.

For those who want to keep testing I really recommend OSMC.
Yes, it is still alpha, but for me it is working pretty much flawlessly. I have 2 quite simple setups though, and I know there are som things missing, but I also know that development is going well and every missing bit is added frequently.

As OSMC is in development I would rather see testers of OSMC, so pushing Kodi test builds at this moment feels rather unnecessary. Let´s get OSMC fully functional first.

@doldi
What in OSMC alpha4 did not work for you? Maybe it´s a known issue (perhaps something not implemented yet), but if not it would be good to report it.

@sparticle
There are things in newclock4 not pushed to main line, but I honestly don´t think you will see a difference between the nc4 and Helix 14.1 that is shipped in latest Raspbmc build.
You should be able to delete .xbmc-current, enable updates and reboot. That should take care of things.
But have in mind that you are running a "hacked" version where I modified some upstart scripts (and the watchdog script) so I cannot promise you that you will have no issues.
By the looks of it Raspbmc should update all scripts anyway so it should work.
Take a backup of your .xbmc/.kodi folder just to be safe though.
Edit: The db versions shoud be the same, see: http://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/Versions
Thanks for the update miappa. Should get my rpi2 delivered today. Going to install osmc and play around. It should fly on that beast.
Hi miappa, thx for your feedback Cool
"What in OSMC alpha4 did not work for me?

I take a new (formated)SD Card 4GB Transcedent,
install http://download.osmc.tv/installers/osmc-installer.exe, in Setting a4 ect, ect, set my Network wired with IPadress ect....fine.
After the Raspi had make his Job it is not possible to move my mouse Logitech (also an other mouse named LogiLink) ,
have no Network and the Design of the great "magic triangle arrow" (lol) makes that impossible, to click on some placement.

...but i think, that#s a little bit "ot" on this place ;-)

btw, i love the appearance from forum.kodi ... OSMC blog Rolleyes not of this my personally world ;-)

Angel
Miappa just wanted to say thanks for the raspbmc test builds. .. Was fun testing them out. . He's to OSMC on the pi2 :-)
I installed OSMC,on the pi2 and it runs on a TV USB port, no power icon.

i try openelec and it needs a power supply. i get the power icon on USB.

does OSMC need less power ?

for the money, its a fantastic Kodi box.
Hi all,
I'm tring to install XBMC on a raspberry B board.
I followed time ago this post post but now I cannot find the correct url to download the xbmc build.
I'm running raspbian Jessie...
Any help? Big Grin
(2015-04-15, 22:49)mcgyver83 Wrote: Hi all,
I'm tring to install XBMC on a raspberry B board.
I followed time ago this post post but now I cannot find the correct url to download the xbmc build.
I'm running raspbian Jessie...
Any help? Big Grin

Try here.
Not tried it with jessie, but it works with wheezy.
I'm going to try Smile
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15