Bug BR ISO Subtitle Force/Remember issues
OK, I've been trying to get this to work for weeks.

1) Forced subtitles aren't triggered when playing ISO files.
2) The other option of setting the subtitle you need isn't remembered.

For example, the StarWars set that use subtitles (most of them) use the 2nd english track as the 'as released' subtitle track for the alien parts. But even if I turn it on, it's not remembered. These same ISOs worked flawlessly in PowerDVD and WinDVD before I started to re-experiment with XBMC again.

Remaking them isn't an option obviously. I've got over 500 BluRay ISOs alone on just one of my very large servers (of which I have 2).I haven't tried DVD ISOs as I usually make those into .MKV files. But BluRay I keep original.

I've spent a long time getting XBMC to mold to my will (accept for locking the audio output and changing the screen characteristics upon exit sometimes which really gets annoying). But this one thing is pretty much a deal breaker for the non-tech like my grandmother who will use this system. She can double-click the old files to open them in WinDVD (automounts them with Virtual Clone Drive and then auto-runs the player) but then always forgets how to close the player afterword ironically. I thought this would be an easier solution but subtitles aren't working.

If it would at LEAST remember my per-file subtitle preferences instead of always reverting to the global 'off' setting. (the 'on' setting always has it playing full subtitle tracks which are even less useful). Then I could set it once for each file (as annoying as that would be) and it would remember that 'Star Wars: A New Hope' should start using subtitle English #2 in this case.
I'm still looking for solutions... Even for one that just 'REMEMBERS' what each file was set to the last time it was played... so far no luck. But this could be the deal breaker for grandmothers... or me for that matter. I don't want to have to remember which subtitle track for which video was the forced track... The software should handle that for me.
Is there really no solution for forced subtitles?!? nothing at all?
They're working on it, last I heard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BR ISO Subtitle Force/Remember issues0