How to become a mirror
Hello

I have a dedicated server with 1gb link in the LA area and i would like to mirror XBMC. I looked around and didn't find any "How to become a mirror" links or anything.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks
i started discussing this with one of our server admins at Devcon. we are setting a plan up to document this and and see how we are going to handle it.
also it's not certain we will allow private mirrors.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the quick response. I'll keep an eye out
Hello,

I noticed the call for mirrors on the front page. Who do i need to get in contact with to help by mirroring?

Quote:A list of all our current mirrors is located here. As you can see in the list (and image below) we have a reasonable coverage across the globe but of course we always welcome more mirrors that are hosted by institutions, universities or companies who have a high speed connection.
Added your mirror to the list. Thank you Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi there,

I have the same question. I would like to become a mirror for XBMC. You can get in touch with me through my e-mail address alexandre.calderon(at)ludis-media.ca .

Thank you.

Alex
Alexandre, what kind of connection can you offer ?
It may not be ideal but I can offer you full use of a 100mbit OVH box, it's used over 30TB of bandwidth in the last six months but hasn't been used for over a month (apart from small use).

Send me a PM if you'd like to use it.

Edit: Should add that it's in the RBX DC (France).
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Aren't the OVH boxes limited to 2tb a month then throttled after that?

My mirror does around 550 gigs a day of xbmc traffic but that's all dependent on how many mirrors are in the region etc
I don't think the majority of OVH boxes have been throttled for the last 2-3 years.

(2013-12-31, 17:21)chaunbot Wrote: Aren't the OVH boxes limited to 2tb a month then throttled after that?

My mirror does around 550 gigs a day of xbmc traffic but that's all dependent on how many mirrors are in the region etc

(2014-01-02, 03:09)Piers Wrote: I don't think the majority of OVH boxes have been throttled for the last 2-3 years.

(2013-12-31, 17:21)chaunbot Wrote: Aren't the OVH boxes limited to 2tb a month then throttled after that?

Got this email a few months ago. It seems the limit is 5 TB a month.

Quote:Hello,

Your dedicated server **********.kimsufi.com is about to pass 93 %
of outbound traffic allowed in the month :

- Monthly Quota : 5.00 TiB
- Trafic Used : 4.65 TiB

Please note that once the monthly quota is reached, the
bandwidth of your dedicated server will be limited to 10 Mbps
until the end of this month (2013-07-13).
To avoid this limitation, we recommend ordering
Additional traffic. Connect to your https://www.ovh.ie/managerv3
select the relevant service, "Services" menu then
"Manage your bandwidth".

All the best,

Regards,

OVH Customer Support
Support: (01) 6390037
Fax: (01) 6394091
Email: [email protected]
Monday to Friday: 9am - 6pm
I've been using OVH for the last five years, some services had restrictions, some didn't. None of the servers I currently have are restricted. I also have boxes at Redstation and Rapidswitch - again some are restricted, some aren't. The main OVH box I use is a 500 Mb/s guaranteed with 1000 Mb/s burst - over 50 TB used on that in a month without issues.

Edit: I've just checked - there's no option for 'Manage your bandwidth' in the V3 manager for my Kimusufi boxes and the same in the SYS and OVH managers.

Here's a screenshot - it's always looked like that. I'm guessing maybe OVH IE limit bandwidth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to become a mirror0