WIP TvTumbler - Automatic TV Show Downloader Addon for XBMC
Hi all, i'm not the author of this addon, but think it deserves some attention!

xbmc-addon-tvtumbler
This is a TV show downloader for XMBC. It watches torrent RSS feeds for new episodes in 'followed' TV shows in your library, and downloads any that you don't have.
Github: https://github.com/bricky/xbmc-addon-tvtumbler
Blogpost: http://brickybox.com/2013/09/08/introducing-tvtumbler

Author is therealbricky

Hope this is okay to post. Smile

I was hoping that this post will bring some contributers to the project, as it sounds very interesting. Big Grin
So this explains the sudden jump in usage Smile

Appreciate the post tmiland, but TvTumbler isn't ready for general usage yet (and it won't be for some time).
I'd be delighted if anyone is willing to help, but do understand that you'll need to get your hands dirty from time to time if you wish to use it now Smile

@mods: I'm aware of the forum rules here re torrents and such, and I believe this falls into the same category as sickbeard. But if not, please feel free to edit/delete without any risk of ill-feeling.
would love to see this further developed Smile
(2014-06-26, 08:23)Frozin Wrote: would love to see this further developed Smile

Me too Big Grin

It's starting to look unlikely that I'll do any more with it though. It's operational (albeit with some rough edges) and of course I've been using it myself without any major issues since I created it, but I don't really have the time to add any more features to it, or indeed to tidy it up enough that I can call it finished.

The latest code is in the dev branch, which, as I said, I've been using for months now, so I think it can be called stable. And there's also a complementary web gui addon here which is what I use to add/remove/view shows and such (it mimics the gui in the main addon, but it's much more useful as it's web based).

The whole thing is open source of course, and available to anyone to take on if they wish to (just fork the repos).
I have problems when try to install it from zip . dependencies not met. can i get list of required addons ? btw i try to install it on xbmc 13.0 linux ubuntu 14
If you get an error message about "dependencies" when installing tvtumbler under XBMC, then do this:

1. Unzip the zip file.
2. Go into the service.tvtumbler directory and edit the file addon.xml
3. Change the sixth (6) line to say version="5.0.0" instead of version="4.0.0"
4. Zip the directory.
5. Install from the updated zip file.

So, it's just a matter of 1 character.

It works for me. Calendar is blank [Edit: correction, the calendar now works], and Status is unselectable, but it downloads the shows, renames them, and puts them in the appropriate place. Remember, this is pre-alpha, and hasn't been changed in a year. The second streamer is down. Libtorrent does not work for tvtumbler, according to documentation. It's difficult to get to the Transmission tab in configuration. (Use the keyboard left arrow from the General tab.) Set the Transmission download directory to your XMBC TV Shows directory. The new shows directory on the general tab is not used, according to documentation.

After you get that working, you might wish to customize the show qualities. The TV show qualities are "SD", "HD", or "Any". HD is 720p or 1080p (not just any file claiming to be "HDTV".) I added a 1080p option for myself. In shows.py (in the tvtumbler directory), just add 'HD1080p' to the qualities_available line, and add HD1080P_COMP to the real_quality_values definition. Then you'll have no icon for 1080p unless you edit script-tvtumbler-shows.xml (in the resources/skins/Default/720p/ directory) and follow the example for 50px-1080.png and HD; copy and paste that control section (<control...>...</control>), then change it to say 50px-1080_n.png and HD1080p. Repeat for the second almost identical control section, or else highlighting a show will make "1080" disappear.

Edit: Hmm, actually it took more for me to get 1080p quality working. It's also necessary to modify files in the feeders directory under tvtumbler.
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm stuck on this.

(2014-11-12, 11:27)Maiklas Wrote: If you get an error message about "dependencies" when installing tvtumbler under XBMC, then do this:

1. Unzip the zip file.
2. Go into the service.tvtumbler directory and edit the file addon.xml
3. Change the sixth (6) line to say version="5.0.0" instead of version="4.0.0"
4. Zip the directory.
5. Install from the updated zip file.

So, it's just a matter of 1 character.

I've tried several times to do this, and however I do it it gives me the error "the addon does not have the correct structure". All I do is unzip, change the one character and zip again but this keeps happening. Has anyone had the same thing and managed to solve it?
I have the same issue. Not sure of a solution though.
I think now the gui version is up to 5.0.1 for Gotham and 5.5.0 for Kodi. You can go into your personal addons directory (~/.xbmc/addons for Linux) and then go into a subdirectory for a plugin you are sure works, and then see what it uses for xbmc.gui version in its addon.xml file. After patching to the add.xml file to use 5.0.1 or whatever, it probably still will give you an error about not having the "correct structure" when you try to install. I don't know how to fix that (sometimes it's the Python version that needs changing), but I was able to do a brute force install. To do that, unzip the files in your addons directory directly.

tvtumbler uses several feeds, but some feeds it uses went offline a month ago. So, it might not work, even if it's working perfectly. :/ However, it should not be difficult to add a feed.

Edit: I can confirm that my version works under XBMC Gotham. I use the git-master (0.1.0), which I have modified to enable a feed that was disabled (because it was redundant, but now might be the only working feed). Additionally, my version has the option of specifying 1080p. Send me a PM with your email address if you want the code.

Edit2: I can confirm it also works under Kodi.
(2014-12-31, 21:10)Maiklas Wrote: tvtumbler uses several feeds, but some feeds it uses went offline a month ago. So, it might not work, even if it's working perfectly. :/ However, it should not be difficult to add a feed.

Edit: I can confirm that my version works under XBMC Gotham. I use the git-master (0.1.0), which I have modified to enable a feed that was disabled (because it was redundant, but now might be the only working feed). Additionally, my version has the option of specifying 1080p. Send me a PM with your email address if you want the code.

Edit2: I can confirm it also works under Kodi.

Can you share your modified version of this addon?
I found something more interesting as SickRage. Its SickBeard modification and i like it very much. Search for it in github. I prefer it instead of old not mainteined addon.
+1 please share your version Thank-You

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTumbler - Automatic TV Show Downloader Addon for XBMC0