• 207(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Hm. Now.I use Openelec 4.0 on the NUC and connected a Bluray drive to it. Want to play some Bluray films. Plugin installed everything works.... Except speed, it is soooo slow. Why? I use the plugin from X-dark. Has anyone tried this? The NUC should be much faster than the Xtreamer Ultra2.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Not sure what you mean by "plugin"

I am not sure if you need anything more than just openelec to play a bluray these days, but as my bluray drive seems broken, it's hard to know.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-11, 03:16)nickr Wrote: Not sure what you mean by "plugin"

I am not sure if you need anything more than just openelec to play a bluray these days, but as my bluray drive seems broken, it's hard to know.

The "makemkvbluray" plugin and makemkv plugin. But I am not sure which version I have to use with Gotham.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Got openelec set up how I want it for now, thanks for all the help on here.

Considering a windows installation with tmt6 for bluray 3D iso support. How seamless is this integration? Any downsides I should be aware of? Seems fairly simple to give if more of an appliance feel as I would only be using it for xbmc.

Netflix and 3D iso are the advantages, just want to make sure cons and hassle of setup don't outweigh this.
(2014-05-10, 17:59)ratzofftoya Wrote: I don't believe my mce remote (xbox 360 media remote) is capable of doing that in any case.

I've succesfully done it with a DN2820 NUC, but cannot get it working on my i3.
@ratzofftoya @bogchop

Did you read
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1669955
?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2014-05-10, 14:12)mikev Wrote:
(2014-05-10, 13:55)fritsch Wrote: You really mean 23.0 hz?

That cannot work for 23.976 content without skipping like hell.

According to http://www.anandtech.com/show/7007/intel...spective/4 the 23Hz setting is actually 23.976.

One more interesting tidbit, according to the manual of my Sony KDL-46W905A TV, it looks like it doesn't support this mode: Image
Although I'm not really sure what that last "PC formats" option is for...

I wonder why the Intel graphics driver lets me switch to it though. If the TV really doesn't support it, what am I supposed to see when I switch to a non-supported refresh rate?

Edit: Actually... I'm not really sure why I'm looking at the TV specs, the HDMI out of the NUC is connected to my Onkyo 727 receiver...

1080/24p support in HDTVs also includes 1080/23.976p (And as you already know 23Hz in Windows driver settings usually refers to 23.976Hz)

PC Formats is likely to include common VGA formats for use when DVI to HDMI cables are used to connect PC DVI sources to an HDMI TV. (1024x768 for example)
(2014-05-11, 12:59)axbmcuser Wrote: @ratzofftoya @bogchop

Did you read
?

Yes, that is a workaround - not a fix. It's useless. The moment you change something in the BIOS, it goes to hell again.

BIOS level issue for sure. Couldn't get the thing to power on before an OS install. However, the same remote works on a DN2820 that has never even had Windows installed. Go figure!!
(2014-05-11, 07:43)Ipaddle Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 03:16)nickr Wrote: Not sure what you mean by "plugin"

The "makemkvbluray" plugin and makemkv plugin. But I am not sure which version I have to use with Gotham.
Try this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1506605
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-12, 07:05)bogchop Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 12:59)axbmcuser Wrote: @ratzofftoya @bogchop

Did you read
?

Yes, that is a workaround - not a fix. It's useless. The moment you change something in the BIOS, it goes to hell again.

It may not be the solution for your device or problem, but for others and me it clearly fixes something permanently (as long as i don't remove the bios battery again). So for many, it is a fix - and i change bios settings every few days without losing "power on by ir-remote" from full off state or anything "going to hell". Tongue
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2014-05-12, 10:54)axbmcuser Wrote: as long as i don't remove the bios battery again

As I said, workaround. Don't kid yourself, it's not permanently fixed, and is clearly a defect. One day when your battery runs out, you'll need to reinstall windows/drivers to 'reinitialise' the IRQ stuff (which seems to be the problem) at the bios level, and then you'll get your functionality back.

On that alone, I will not be buying any further NUCs (especially for family) if I'm going to have to deal with issues like this. It needs to work out of the box, which it doesn't.

I've already escalated the problem with detailed test results to Intel support, and they're fully aware, saying that multiple people have this issue.
Yeah, well - a workaround which "fixes" this common problem/bug for many many years, in most cases for at least 5+ years, sometimes 10 - i can live with that. And others too are happy that this workaround exists, so i just wanted that the workaround is not marked as being useless, since it isn't.

Besides, i too don't like that Intel support sucks big time regarding such issues and that they seem to ignore specific posts on the intel forums...

@fritsch

Is there any more test-data we can provide rearding the discussed fullscreen picture-viewer black-level situation?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1702371
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1703439

Thanks
Nope. It's not an xbmc bug. I don't see where anything is wrong. We have no influence of anything that happens beside the settings I already mentioned.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I would have thought my tests almost clearly indicated that it must be xbmc doing something wrong/different with fullscreen-pictures compared to fullscreen-video (especially since i put the exact same blacklevel-test-image into a video file which then looks correct compared to the fullscreen-picture with same content - and my test-setup had no contrast-pp - and i also cross-tested with now 2 old media-players), but since you (with help of other testing contributors) mastered the usb-bug issue i wouldn't want to doubt the master too much which made gotham finally perfectly useable for my setup. Big Grin
Cool - How did you encode that video? Are you sure nothing happenend to the colors? Can you retry with mjpeg?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 207(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7