• 37(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2013-11-21, 07:45)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 19:56)Alchete Wrote: I assume you're trying to build the driver/shader assembly directly in OpenELEC? Can you give a link to the source code and the steps you've taken to build it?
https://github.com/laurimyllari/OpenELEC...50008bf0f2

There's the workaround if you're feeling adventurous. It switches to BT.709 coefficients, so HD is now fine, but SD has slightly messed up colors.

You are TZAR and true Wizard. Wink

This is really cool. Its "almost" perfect.
Why "almost"... because it is a little too bright. But dont take this 100% sure, because I have tried this on uncalibrated monitor and will test again, perhaps this evening, on calibrated TV.

Thank you man, i am sure you will change the future of NUC used for XBMC/OE. Smile
(2013-11-21, 15:58)Ravetrancer Wrote: There is nu such thing in my settings.
Under VAAPI is the refresh rate, no software multithreading option at sll.
Should it be there after installing r16406, prior adding codes to autostart.sh?
The software multithreading option only has to do with two things:
1. The Nov. 20th (or later) OpenELEC build
2. Enabling "Expert" settings in that menu.

Once you install the Nov. 20 build and enable Expert settings, it will appear in the menu as I showed in the screenshot.

It has nothing to do with autostart.sh.

If you have "Expert" settings enabled, I can only guess that you do not have the Nov. 20 build installed correctly. You can try that part again.

Here's the software tank. Pick the Generic_x86_64 for the NUC: http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/
(2013-11-21, 15:52)Platypus2 Wrote: New windows 7 drivers?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...ldID=23405

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://communities.intel.com/message/213680#213680

So far so good for me !

Fixed 4:3 and other random video green bars Big Grin

Hopefully no other problems arise Cool
(2013-11-21, 07:45)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 19:56)Alchete Wrote: I assume you're trying to build the driver/shader assembly directly in OpenELEC? Can you give a link to the source code and the steps you've taken to build it?
https://github.com/laurimyllari/OpenELEC...50008bf0f2

There's the workaround if you're feeling adventurous. It switches to BT.709 coefficients, so HD is now fine, but SD has slightly messed up colors.
Outstanding work! So, it sounds like all that's needed for a full solution is to detect whether the content is SD or HD and switch the coefficients appropriately...

Does the Intel driver detect content-type elsewhere?

Maybe this is a question to post in your bug report.
@lmyllari

Just tried ur tweaked Version but it doesn't work for me, if i enable va-api i get a way too dark picture
as usual with Full RGB Enabled and nothing else.. :/
Hi folks. I'm a noob to this forum. I've had XBMC running on a Revo (win7) off and on for five years. I've skimmed through this thread, seen a few things that concern me, hoping I didn't jump the gun/bandwagon on these things. I received today:

Intel NUC D34010WYK
Intel 525 Series Lincoln Crest SSDMCEAC120B301 mSATA 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State
2x Crucial CT102464BF160B PC3-12800 8GB DDR3-1600 CL11 SODIMM 204PIN Single Memory Module

I have a 43' Samsung plasma, and a Yamaha soundbar. I need to go HDMI to TV, optical to bar. So I guess I need this

I"m looking at getting new cables. I haven't used RedMere yet. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Based on what I've read in this thread, my head is kind of spinney, and I honestly have no idea where to go with OS here. I don't have a non-OEM windows license right now. I'm not totally opposed to acquiring one, but I'd rather avoid it if I could. I think based on what's in this thread I can sort myself out, but I just have a few questions.

As of right now, is there a Linux distro/XMBC combo that is working with the new gen NUC and any Intel driver version?
If not, is it realistic to expect this will be resolved by the end of the year?
Should I just say screw it and run Win 8.1?

What remote should I be looking at? I'd like to use the on-board IR and not spend a lot of $, I'll break it inside a year.
Which Yamaha soundbar do you have?
I have on mine audio pass-trough over HDMI and dont need any optical cord.

(2013-11-21, 16:42)gamble Wrote: @lmyllari

Just tried ur tweaked Version but it doesn't work for me, if i enable va-api i get a way too dark picture

True. Just tried with RGB Full. There is no change. Sad
But the change is visible on RGB Limited. I dont know, but think that the aim should be RGB FullHuh I am wrong here?
YS-101, no HDMI unfortunately
(2013-11-21, 16:49)DeCaF76 Wrote: I have a 43' Samsung plasma, and a Yamaha soundbar. I need to go HDMI to TV, optical to bar. So I guess I need this
I"m looking at getting new cables. I haven't used RedMere yet. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Why not just do NUC->TV via HDMI. TV->Soundbar via optical cable (like you probably already do)?
(2013-11-21, 16:40)Alchete Wrote: Outstanding work! So, it sounds like all that's needed for a full solution is to detect whether the content is SD or HD and switch the coefficients appropriately...

Does the Intel driver detect content-type elsewhere?

Maybe this is a question to post in your bug report.
The Intel driver is already told the colorspace, it just doesn't use that information. It's all in the bug.

Only tricky part is to figure out how to change the shader to have parameters to receive the correct coefficients - and that's because I haven't written Intel shaders before. For the Intel devs that should be easy.
(2013-11-21, 17:09)joelbaby Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 16:49)DeCaF76 Wrote: I have a 43' Samsung plasma, and a Yamaha soundbar. I need to go HDMI to TV, optical to bar. So I guess I need this

Why not just do NUC->TV via HDMI. TV->Soundbar via optical cable (like you probably already do)?

I don't want my TV on when I'm just listening to music, I assumed it wouldn't pass through when off, I may be wrong, never tried. My Revo has optical and HDMI so it's never been an issue.
(2013-11-21, 16:36)Platypus2 Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 15:52)Platypus2 Wrote: New windows 7 drivers?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...ldID=23405

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://communities.intel.com/message/213680#213680

So far so good for me !

Fixed 4:3 and other random video green bars Big Grin

Hopefully no other problems arise Cool

Sweet. Downloading later when I get home. That's the only thing that was wrong Big Grin
(2013-11-21, 16:35)Alchete Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 15:58)Ravetrancer Wrote: There is nu such thing in my settings.
Under VAAPI is the refresh rate, no software multithreading option at sll.
Should it be there after installing r16406, prior adding codes to autostart.sh?
The software multithreading option only has to do with two things:
1. The Nov. 20th (or later) OpenELEC build
2. Enabling "Expert" settings in that menu.

Once you install the Nov. 20 build and enable Expert settings, it will appear in the menu as I showed in the screenshot.

It has nothing to do with autostart.sh.

If you have "Expert" settings enabled, I can only guess that you do not have the Nov. 20 build installed correctly. You can try that part again.

Here's the software tank. Pick the Generic_x86_64 for the NUC: http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/
I did follow thedownload link in ur sucess post.
Installed it, but i think it still said it was from 20131112 or 20131114.

When i created the livestick it behaved very strange compared to all other times ive created livesticks
My livestick was created in 2 seconds time. Usually the format takes some time and then the install some time.
To create a livestick usually adds upp to 2-3 minutes but now its ready in 2 seconds, something maybe s wrong with the livestick?

(2013-11-21, 08:01)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 06:22)Dropbear67 Wrote: if the driver is open sourced and should be fixed soon, why hasn't it been fixed with the previous gen nucs?? Sad
Apparently only a few people noticed it at all.

It was mentioned at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46800#c16 (wrong component though) and a developer looked into it. You can see that he correctly identified the likely source of the problem, but nobody followed up and he probably isn't an xbmc user.

There is another bug now against the right component, a workaround, and if Intel devs don't address the issue, someone else will. (If nobody else is interested to work on it, I'll take a stab when I have time). It shouldn't be very difficult, one just has to figure out how to pass parameters to the shader nicely (or even make a copy with the right coefficients and some simple code to select shaders).

(2013-11-21, 07:51)gamble Wrote: So u can now use VA-API with right colors? That´s awesome, but this is starting to get way beyond my horizon of understanding this :/
I absolutely dont watch SD Stuff on my Nuc so this solution would be totally enough for me, but i have no clue how to get there :/
You're welcome to try my build if you'd like.

Any idea what would be a good place to upload a 100MB package for those who are brave enough to test?
Im also up for testing on both my i5 nucs.
2 x NUC I5 4250U, 16GB Cruical, 120GB Kingston mSata
OPPO BDP-95
Netgear ReadyNAS RDPU4000, 4 x RED 3TB
JVC DLA-X95/RS66
Integra DHC-80.3, 2 x Sunfire TGA-7401
9.2 Sunfire 10 x CRS3C, 2 x CRM2-Bip

He already posted the link to his built, but sadly it doesn't work for me Sad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fy6n5tz6y4jr5x...r15931.tar

@lmyllari

If u plan on doing another version for us to try could u base it on a Nightly ?
(2013-11-21, 16:42)gamble Wrote: @lmyllari

(2013-11-21, 17:00)Crssi Wrote: True. Just tried with RGB Full. There is no change. Sad
But the change is visible on RGB Limited. I dont know, but think that the aim should be RGB FullHuh I am wrong here?

Black levels shouldn't have changed with this as they seemed correct before. Maybe your screens are set to display blacker-than-black (levels under 16)? [another edit: actually if the picture is too dark, it sounds like your screen expects limited range]

To troubleshoot your problems:

1) Figure out which RGB range your TV expects. Use a bluray player or any other media source that you can use to play calibration patterns and set to RGB output. I suggest using AVSHD709 for patterns. Check with the basic tests that you have working settings either in full range or limited range. Make sure your source is set for neutral brightness/contrast. Take note of the lowest and highest visible values.

2) Use xrandr to select full or limited range, same as you used above.

3) Check black levels on xbmc using the same patterns. They should match.

If your black levels don't match between steps 1 and 3, please report your reference device and the highest/lowest visible with each device.

At the moment, it is not possible to get blacker-than-black (under 16) or whiter-than-white (over 235) with VA-API decoding. They are clipped by the colorspace conversion. If you need those, you will have to use software decoding for now.

edit: Crssi: it doesn't matter if you aim for full or limited range at the moment. Use whichever your display defaults to. If you can set it to either, use full.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7