• 41(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
This is really fantastic, then when Canyon Horse will be available, I will buy it for XBMC/OE and use i5 for desktop computer. Smile
(2013-11-22, 18:32)gamble Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 13:59)Ravetrancer Wrote: When i mount my movie catalog w NFS now i cant get the scraper to download info, anyone come up with a solution for this?

I also edited the autostart.sh in r16398 and the blacks were ok.
The scraper did download all info here for my movies. Whats the difference between r16398 and r16406?

I have the same problem with the scraper BUT i am on R16398 ??
Where can i download R16406...?

http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com

is down, is there another source?

regards

here it is http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/Ope...r16406.tar
Smile

(2013-11-22, 19:38)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 19:28)Alchete Wrote: Yes, I'm assuming network services are still running, as I'm using the XBMC Remote app for Android, and pressing any button causes a WiFi transmission that turns on the television display. (I still need to switch the HDMI inputs first)

6W idle is outstanding, IMO. I have old incandescent night lights that are 4W. And the i3 NUC is basically silent, I never hear any fan noise.

Very happy.
Excellent, I have to set this up ASAP so I can just leave it running all the time.

I've made some progress with the black levels. It looks like "Limited 16:235" is broken - which is very unfortunate as it is the default when a TV is connected. Good news is that I can use "Full" output and set the infoframe to switch my monitor to limited range input. With this and XBMC set to 16-235 I should get perfect output.

My plan is to modify the i915 driver to add "Video passthrough" value to the Broadcast RGB property (no scaling of output range, but signal limited range). This could either be set from Autostart.sh, or xbmc could be patched to set it when 16-235 is enabled.

Just as I was typing this, more information from Ville S at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71769#c9 - looks like the grey blacks will be solved soon. Smile
i have question. Do the colors get different with the r16406 and the codes for autostart.sh.
i was watching The Wolverine and in the beggining when the B29's coming in the sky, my sky is reddish. My beamer JVC x75/RS66 is ISF calibrated and something about the colors just dont seem right.
2 x NUC I5 4250U, 16GB Cruical, 120GB Kingston mSata
OPPO BDP-95
Netgear ReadyNAS RDPU4000, 4 x RED 3TB
JVC DLA-X95/RS66
Integra DHC-80.3, 2 x Sunfire TGA-7401
9.2 Sunfire 10 x CRS3C, 2 x CRM2-Bip

(2013-11-22, 19:44)Crssi Wrote: @lmyllari:
I wanted to test at home yesterday on a calibrated TV, but forgot an USB keyboard to set boot from USB. Sad
So, I have tested it a few minutes ago. The picture is perfect and this was what I was looking for. Smile
At least for HD, SD is still bad, but you have already said that there you havent made a changes.
Actually, my workaround messed up SD. Blush

(2013-11-22, 19:51)Crssi Wrote: This is really fantastic, then when Canyon Horse will be available, I will buy it for XBMC/OE and use i5 for desktop computer. Smile
I have been thinking along similar lines with the Haswell Celeron. Although I might have to buy something more powerful for desktop if I keep trying to build the whole OpenELEC and keep the i5 for xbmc. Big Grin

(2013-11-22, 19:59)Ravetrancer Wrote: i have question. Do the colors get different with the r16406 and the codes for autostart.sh.
i was watching The Wolverine and in the beggining when the B29's coming in the sky, my sky is reddish. My beamer JVC x75/RS66 is ISF calibrated and something about the colors just dont seem right.
Are you using VA-API or software decoding? With software decoding you should get proper colors. For VA-API you'll need my BT.709 patch for now.
I disabled the vaapi.
Render method: auto
Hq scaler: 0%
Hardware acc vdpau: enabled
Prefer vdpau video mixer: off
Vaapi: off
Frame multi threaded decoding: enabled

In system 16-235: enabled

How do i install thebt.709 myself?

Gamble, it seems that the scraper works with SMB share. It did for my tvshiws.
With NFS the scraper dont work.

I can not force update of the addons. I miss XBMC SUBTITLES ADDON, i just have opensubtitles, podnapisi an another one. I miss my UNDERTEXTER ADDON
OPPO BDP-95
JVC DLA-X95/RS66

(2013-11-22, 20:26)Ravetrancer Wrote: I disabled the vaapi.

So is the output correct with this, or were your color issues with VA-API?

Quote:How do i install thebt.709 myself?
Take the patch from https://github.com/laurimyllari/OpenELEC...50008bf0f2 and apply to whichever version of OE you'd prefer, build and install. I applied it to master, and it seemed to build. I haven't tested it yet.
Also if i go to my nfs movie catalog and change content while im standing on a move, then it adds the movie from the scraper.
But with 800+ movies i dont want to add movie info one by one

Confirming that scraper works with SMB but not with NFS on r16406. Both movies an tvshows are scanning.

(2013-11-22, 20:32)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 20:26)Ravetrancer Wrote: I disabled the vaapi.

So is the output correct with this, or were your color issues with VA-API?

Quote:How do i install thebt.709 myself?
Take the patch from https://github.com/laurimyllari/OpenELEC...50008bf0f2 and apply to whichever version of OE you'd prefer, build and install. I applied it to master, and it seemed to build. I haven't tested it yet.

Thats how its set on my i5 haswell and i find picture reddish.
Do i have to change some of them or should i try the bt.709?
OPPO BDP-95
JVC DLA-X95/RS66

(2013-11-22, 20:37)Ravetrancer Wrote: Thats how its set on my i5 haswell and i find picture reddish.
Do i have to change some of them or should i try the bt.709?
The BT.709 change is only for VA-API, so it won't fix it for you.

Can you find the problem using avshd709 patterns? Maybe a color channel clipping?
lol now my sound is messed up too after flashing to the new Nightly, sometimes on reboot i can play 1-2 movies, then it doesn't work anymore...changed through some builds but the problem stays...lol...i even made a new boot stick and erased the ssd..guess what..problem still there omg , things rly start to annoy me Sad

Seems now im having the same prob as arokh and i use a hdmi - mini hdmi cable :/
Sometimes it works, sometimes not...kinda random triggering Sad
Also tried setting back BIOS..no change...my AVR just displays Stereo and no DD...when i disable passthrough i get DD Symbol on my AVR but still no sound lol..
(2013-11-22, 20:57)gamble Wrote: lol now my sound is messed up too after flashing to the new Nightly, sometimes on reboot i can play 1-2 movies, then it doesn't work anymore...changed through some builds but the problem stays...lol...i even made a new boot stick and erased the ssd..guess what..problem still there omg , things rly start to annoy me Sad

I had this problem too when I upgraded. I selected bitstreaming and it went away.

So do we all believe the power button is a bios flaw? At first I couldn't shutdown, it just kept rebooting. On someone's advice I enabled deep s4/s5 to accomplish shutdown. This was working but I couldn't start with the remote, only the button. Then I tried suspend on shutdown and it wouldn't close up. I've since unselected deep s4/s5 but can still only startup from wake on lan.

I've updated the bios and even done a full fresh install. Does anyone have any further ideas on this? A bounty for the solution! I'd like to start and shutdown with the xbox remote.
Where can u select bit streaming ..?

Its really strange some ppl are getting problems that stay permanent even after bios flash and
doing a full new install o.O ?!
(2013-11-22, 21:30)Clack Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 20:57)gamble Wrote: lol now my sound is messed up too after flashing to the new Nightly, sometimes on reboot i can play 1-2 movies, then it doesn't work anymore...changed through some builds but the problem stays...lol...i even made a new boot stick and erased the ssd..guess what..problem still there omg , things rly start to annoy me Sad

I had this problem too when I upgraded. I selected bitstreaming and it went away.

So do we all believe the power button is a bios flaw? At first I couldn't shutdown, it just kept rebooting. On someone's advice I enabled deep s4/s5 to accomplish shutdown. This was working but I couldn't start with the remote, only the button. Then I tried suspend on shutdown and it wouldn't close up. I've since unselected deep s4/s5 but can still only startup from wake on lan.

I've updated the bios and even done a full fresh install. Does anyone have any further ideas on this? A bounty for the solution! I'd like to start and shutdown with the xbox remote.

If changing bios settings makes the power button work, then it's definitely a bios issue.
(2013-11-22, 16:45)Alchete Wrote: HASWELL NUC POWER CONSUMPTION

In case anyone is curious about the power draw of the new Haswell NUCs, I hooked mine up to a Kill-a-watt and measured.

i3 Haswell NUC (D34010WYK)
---------------------------------------------
IDLE (at XBMC main menu): 10-11W
PLAYING (software decoding): 13W
SUSPEND (XBMC power save setting): 6W

Pretty outstanding.

So, it draws 6W if left in a "suspend" state that turns off the display but can still be woken up by a press of the remote.

Thanks, sounds great.
I'm still waiting for my NUC, it gets delayed week by week and should now be available in the first Week of December.
Oh Boy, I can't wait
For power button issue:
https://communities.intel.com/message/213914#213914 we'll see what they say Tongue
(2013-11-22, 16:45)Alchete Wrote: HASWELL NUC POWER CONSUMPTION

In case anyone is curious about the power draw of the new Haswell NUCs, I hooked mine up to a Kill-a-watt and measured.

i3 Haswell NUC (D34010WYK)
---------------------------------------------
IDLE (at XBMC main menu): 10-11W
PLAYING (software decoding): 13W
SUSPEND (XBMC power save setting): 6W

Pretty outstanding.

So, it draws 6W if left in a "suspend" state that turns off the display but can still be woken up by a press of the remote.
Nice. Thanks for taking the time to measure.
Numbers are from an OE build, right? Should the i5 have similar power usage?

Seems now im having the same prob as arokh and i use a hdmi - mini hdmi cable :/
Sometimes it works, sometimes not...kinda random triggering Sad
Also tried setting back BIOS..no change...my AVR just displays Stereo and no DD...when i disable passthrough i get DD Symbol on my AVR but still no sound lol..

Maybe a stupid question, but did u use expert settings in audio?
I use minihdmi to hdmi with the prepro Integra 80.3 and the audio is ok, ive started several movies and the sound s ok.

(2013-11-22, 21:30)Clack Wrote:

Ill check in on that also, not for the bounty, just because its annoying Smile
OPPO BDP-95
JVC DLA-X95/RS66

• 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7