• 42(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2013-11-22, 22:56)Retinto Wrote: Nice. Thanks for taking the time to measure.
Numbers are from an OE build, right? Should the i5 have similar power usage?
Yes, from OE. The i5 should be in the same ballpark, I would think.
Intel i3 Haswell NUC D34010WYK / Yamaha RX-V673 receiver / Panasonic VT-50 plasma TV
(2013-11-22, 20:57)gamble Wrote: lol now my sound is messed up too after flashing to the new Nightly, sometimes on reboot i can play 1-2 movies, then it doesn't work anymore...changed through some builds but the problem stays...lol...i even made a new boot stick and erased the ssd..guess what..problem still there omg , things rly start to annoy me Sad

Seems now im having the same prob as arokh and i use a hdmi - mini hdmi cable :/
Sometimes it works, sometimes not...kinda random triggering Sad
Also tried setting back BIOS..no change...my AVR just displays Stereo and no DD...when i disable passthrough i get DD Symbol on my AVR but still no sound lol..

Not exactly the same, I can bitstream or decode both DTS/DD just fine but not the HD audio formats. Can play them one time though before needing a reboot Smile
(2013-11-23, 01:01)arokh Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 20:57)gamble Wrote: lol now my sound is messed up too after flashing to the new Nightly, sometimes on reboot i can play 1-2 movies, then it doesn't work anymore...changed through some builds but the problem stays...lol...i even made a new boot stick and erased the ssd..guess what..problem still there omg , things rly start to annoy me Sad

Seems now im having the same prob as arokh and i use a hdmi - mini hdmi cable :/
Sometimes it works, sometimes not...kinda random triggering Sad
Also tried setting back BIOS..no change...my AVR just displays Stereo and no DD...when i disable passthrough i get DD Symbol on my AVR but still no sound lol..

Not exactly the same, I can bitstream or decode both DTS/DD just fine but not the HD audio formats. Can play them one time though before needing a reboot Smile
Ok, i had some trouble at first with dts-hd, but igot it working by enabling passthrough ithe system-audio settings.
2 x NUC I5 4250U, 16GB Cruical, 120GB Kingston mSata
OPPO BDP-95
Netgear ReadyNAS RDPU4000, 4 x RED 3TB
JVC DLA-X95/RS66
Integra DHC-80.3, 2 x Sunfire TGA-7401
9.2 Sunfire 10 x CRS3C, 2 x CRM2-Bip

(2013-11-22, 19:44)Alchete Wrote: Keep us up to date on both counts. I've been checking the bug reports for updates myself. Smile
No response to the colorspace bug, but fixes are appearing in git. Cool

Increase the size of constant buffer for PS thread to pass more info
Constant buffer passes YUV2RGB CSC matrix instead of hardcoded matrix (note that this one is not just for Haswell, but previous generations too)
Support the BT709 color standard for conversion from YUV to RGB

These should probably be added to OE. I'll see if they apply without any trouble.
(2013-11-23, 03:46)lmyllari Wrote: No response to the colorspace bug, but fixes are appearing in git. Cool

Increase the size of constant buffer for PS thread to pass more info
Constant buffer passes YUV2RGB CSC matrix instead of hardcoded matrix (note that this one is not just for Haswell, but previous generations too)
Support the BT709 color standard for conversion from YUV to RGB

These should probably be added to OE. I'll see if they apply without any trouble.
Awesome! Thank you for finding all the good links!! You're filling up my bookmarks Smile

Looks like another one referencing render shaders on Ivy/Haswell also.

The full list of patches in the "staging" branch:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/vaapi/intel-...?h=staging
Intel i3 Haswell NUC D34010WYK / Yamaha RX-V673 receiver / Panasonic VT-50 plasma TV
Seems like this problem is on its way to being fixed. I might give OE another round if so, I guess
(2013-11-12, 23:48)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-11-12, 23:23)Clack Wrote: I can follow directions well but have no idea how to troubleshoot this stuff. Are you guys saying the newest nightly build of Openelec Gotham works with the IR sensor and remotes? Should I just do the stable release for now and paste the code I saw into some script somehow? Is there a total noob tutorial on this?
Start with the stable release and follow http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Autostart.sh to create a startup script with the following:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Work around NUC CIR issue
# see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176718&page=17 and
# https://communities.intel.com/thread/46259 for more information

modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530\:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton-cir

# set RGB full range

DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

The first part should get your IR working, second part is only needed if your blacks are gray.

I needed the same with nightly build too.

I'm running a Mint 15 install with full desktop vs OE, has anyone gotten the remote working with just basic Lirc? I've done the commands above but my MCE remote isn't being recognized by XBMC or irw. Been a ong time since I've had to troubleshoot Lirc issues so I'd appreciate some assistance - I selected MCE during the Lirc install but suspect that's nowhere near correct for this beasty. If I must I'll slap an MCE receiver on it temporarily but would prefer to get the internal one working.

I've not yet tackled sound but suspect I'll have fun with that as well based upon past experiences - fingers crossed I'm wrong. Ne sense moving it to the living room until I've got remote control of it though!

P.S. Argh! I reinstalled Lirc, selecting the same parameters, and ran this script from a terminal window via Sudo. It works! Quite frustrating to not be sure why but I'm not going to look this gift horse in the mouth - my thanks to the script writer!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Is the nuvoton-cir module loaded successfully? lsmod and dmesg will assist.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So apparently Windows doesn't do well with NFS, but I should have known that. I switched to SMB and a hardwire link and it's definitely more tolerable and actually plays all my files, but still takes a good 10-20 seconds to begin playing them. Sometimes 30 seconds. This is on an unsaturated 1Gbps link. The Boxee plays the same movie wirelessly (N) in less than 5 seconds. It's weird too because sometimes I'll play a movie and it will insta-play on XBMC. Sometimes I'll play the same movie later and it will take the standard 10-30 seconds to start. VLC plays the same movie immediately. Once it starts playing it plays fine.

Is this a NUC issue, an XBMC issue, or a user issue?
I've used SMB with both Linux (OE), LInux (Ubuntu), and Ouya (Android), and the playback is almost instant. No problems here.
So, for those of us who have given up and have gone to Win 8, and have Harmony remotes... what are you using to set up your remote? I've configured mine to be the microsoft media player keyboard... but the power toggle doesn't act the way I'd like it to. How do I tell it to go to standby as opposed to complete shutdown?
(2013-11-23, 01:01)arokh Wrote: Not exactly the same, I can bitstream or decode both DTS/DD just fine but not the HD audio formats. Can play them one time though before needing a reboot Smile

Tried a lil more and found out that i can playback DTS-HiRes 7.1 no Problem, but when i switch to a normal DD 5.1,
it starts all again...HD-Mstr sometimes work, sometimes not...i just can't figure out how this started, i u just flashed to the new Nightly and
first Movie -> no Sound...after that i can do what i want (BIOS flag, total new install..) the Problem stays..its driving me nuts..
Ok, so only HD audio causing this for you as well? Just disable bit streaming for those formats and wait for a fix :/
Woha new day new Luck, i just erased my USERDATA folder..i mean everything inside it..cant erase the folder itself.
Then flashed back to the generic Stable 3.2.3 Build from the Openelec Homepage.

And now the sound on all movies works again, i can switch between them no problem and get overtime immediate SYNC,
ill have breakfast now and go from there step by step to the Nightlies cuz of course colors are off again..

Arokh that could fix it for u too maybe

edit.

One more plus even my shut off worked again, no reboot the first time !!

BUT now after friend avengers i am again where i started nothing works anymore and reboot by shot off again..lol
(2013-11-22, 20:10)lmyllari Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 19:44)Crssi Wrote: @lmyllari:
I wanted to test at home yesterday on a calibrated TV, but forgot an USB keyboard to set boot from USB. Sad
So, I have tested it a few minutes ago. The picture is perfect and this was what I was looking for. Smile
At least for HD, SD is still bad, but you have already said that there you havent made a changes.
Actually, my workaround messed up SD. Blush

Uh, mea culpa... havent realise that before, since I dont have SD stuff and was getting one just for the test and havent tested on SD before.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7