• 46(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2013-11-24, 02:46)Alchete Wrote: I think I was the one. I'm not getting any audio issues when playing different test HD audio clips (I still haven't had time to watch a movie).

- I have all HD audio all set "passthrough".
- 5.1 speaker configuration.
- I haven't touched any refresh rate settings.

I'm running the Nov. 20 daily build, with VA-API disabled, Frame Multithreading enabled.

My equipment is in my signature.

You folks with the audio issues, are you all on the PAL standard? Just curious. I'm NTSC.

PAL indeed.

lmyllari thx a bunch for the patch to kernel and libva-intel driver, I'm now on Limited range (default, no xrandr) colors and low black level on my TV and the colors are very warm and nice. Thanks a bunch!
Go for 4GB.

Just because OpenElec doesn't come close to using 2GB, 4GB gives you room to grow in the future, vs upgrading later, and prices aren't that bad for memory.

I'd personally stay away from ADATA for SSD/MSATA. Kingston and Crucial are the two brands that I would prefer in that lower price range. But maybe ADATA has some better quality for the model you are looking at.
(2013-11-24, 07:30)arokh Wrote:
(2013-11-24, 02:46)Alchete Wrote: I think I was the one. I'm not getting any audio issues when playing different test HD audio clips (I still haven't had time to watch a movie).

I'm running the Nov. 20 daily build, with VA-API disabled, Frame Multithreading enabled.

You folks with the audio issues, are you all on the PAL standard? Just curious. I'm NTSC.

PAL indeed.

lmyllari thx a bunch for the patch to kernel and libva-intel driver, I'm now on Limited range (default, no xrandr) colors and low black level on my TV and the colors are very warm and nice. Thanks a bunch!

Have you already tried deactivating the autom. refresh rate and going back to 60p ?
(2013-11-23, 18:04)lmyllari Wrote: There is a build based on recent OE master (with Gotham) at https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4cqdn8vh324cp...r16417.tar
Thanks for this build, it works like a charm. Only thing: i can't get the IR receiver workin. If i insert the commands manually via putty it doesn't work either
(2013-11-23, 18:04)lmyllari Wrote: These should fix the grey blacks and inaccurate colors. There are three ways to configure:

1) GPU scaled limited range output: This is the default setting when connected to a TV. There is no need for any settings - remove xrandr from Autostart.sh to use this.

2) Full range output: This is the default when connected to a computer monitor. This can also be forced with the xrandr setting in Autostart.sh.

Image should look identical between #1 and #2. If the screen supports switching RGB input ranges, both should be signaled automatically - otherwise #2 is used. Leave everything at default and things should work right automatically.

There is another way for better quality:

3) Direct limited range output: This allow for BtB, WtW and avoids banding. Software decoding needs to be used (VA-API output is first clipped and scaled to full range). Configure xbmc for 16-235 output and no hardware decoding. Use xrandr to set "Broadcast RGB" to "Video 16:235 pass-through" (this allows full range output, but tells the screen content is limited range)

There is a build based on recent OE master (with Gotham) at https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4cqdn8vh324cp...r16417.tar

If you still see black level problems with this build, please post numbers and details ( you can follow instructions at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1555766 )

So with ur built i can enable va-api, set 16...235 in video settings, erase xandr autostart and should be good, right?
(2013-11-23, 18:04)lmyllari Wrote: I did some patching based on the recent developments. You can see my work at https://github.com/laurimyllari/OpenELEC...-on-master

I took the VA-API colorspace fixes from staging. This should fix both SD and HD colorspace issues. I've only tried HD, but that seems good. I'll need to find some SD test material.

I made a small patch to kernel based on Ville's advice to fix the black levels in limited range output. I also implemented a pass-through mode for use with sw decoding and 16:235 range in xbmc.

These should fix the grey blacks and inaccurate colors. There are three ways to configure:

1) GPU scaled limited range output: This is the default setting when connected to a TV. There is no need for any settings - remove xrandr from Autostart.sh to use this.

2) Full range output: This is the default when connected to a computer monitor. This can also be forced with the xrandr setting in Autostart.sh.

Image should look identical between #1 and #2. If the screen supports switching RGB input ranges, both should be signaled automatically - otherwise #2 is used. Leave everything at default and things should work right automatically.

3) Direct limited range output: This allow for BtB, WtW and avoids banding. Software decoding needs to be used (VA-API output is first clipped and scaled to full range). Configure xbmc for 16-235 output and no hardware decoding. Use xrandr to set "Broadcast RGB" to "Video 16:235 pass-through" (this allows full range output, but tells the screen content is limited range)

There is a build based on recent OE master (with Gotham) at https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4cqdn8vh324cp...r16417.tar

If you still see black level problems with this build, please post numbers and details ( you can follow instructions at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1555766 )

This works! Angel
Only problem is that the XBMC on screen display messes the colors up again. When the on screen display opens (by pressing menu, or pause, etc...) the screen lights up and ~5 seconds after it closes the blacks are too dark again.

But if the on screen display is not used, the colors are fine.

I still have the "xrandr RGB full" line in the startup script.

Many thanks!

(2013-11-24, 02:46)Alchete Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 23:23)arokh Wrote: Wasn't there someone here who didn't have this issue? What kind of AVR do you have and which output are you using? HDMI/DP
I think I was the one. I'm not getting any audio issues when playing different test HD audio clips (I still haven't had time to watch a movie).

I can confirm that now that I have the refresh rate set to 23.98, the audio passthrough with gotham is working fine.

With 50hz it didn't work (even with the refresh rate set to match the movie - the movies were playing at their original refresh rate of 23.98 - this means the TV was also switching to 23.98 -, but passthrough still didn't work when XBMC was set to 50hz).

So, the colors are fine with lmyllari's build (there's just a remaining issue with the on screen display) and HD audio passthrough works.

I'm a happy camper. Many thanks to all.
(2013-11-24, 13:02)Mangoes Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 18:04)lmyllari Wrote: I did some patching based on the recent developments. You can see my work at https://github.com/laurimyllari/OpenELEC...-on-master

I took the VA-API colorspace fixes from staging. This should fix both SD and HD colorspace issues. I've only tried HD, but that seems good. I'll need to find some SD test material.

I made a small patch to kernel based on Ville's advice to fix the black levels in limited range output. I also implemented a pass-through mode for use with sw decoding and 16:235 range in xbmc.

These should fix the grey blacks and inaccurate colors. There are three ways to configure:

This works! Angel
Only problem is that the XBMC on screen display messes the colors up again. When the on screen display opens (by pressing menu, or pause, etc...) the screen lights up and ~5 seconds after it closes the blacks are too dark again.

But if the on screen display is not used, the colors are fine.

I still have the "xrandr RGB full" line in the startup script.

Many thanks!

(2013-11-24, 02:46)Alchete Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 23:23)arokh Wrote: Wasn't there someone here who didn't have this issue? What kind of AVR do you have and which output are you using? HDMI/DP
I think I was the one. I'm not getting any audio issues when playing different test HD audio clips (I still haven't had time to watch a movie).

I can confirm that now that I have the refresh rate set to 23.98, the audio passthrough with gotham is working fine.

With 50hz it didn't work (even with the refresh rate set to match the movie - the movies were playing at their original refresh rate of 23.98 - this means the TV was also switching to 23.98 -, but passthrough still didn't work when XBMC was set to 50hz).

So, the colors are fine with lmyllari's build (there's just a remaining issue with the on screen display) and HD audio passthrough works.

I'm a happy camper. Many thanks to all.
Anyone having problems with not having XBMC SUBTITLESHuh
2 x NUC I5 4250U, 16GB Cruical, 120GB Kingston mSata
OPPO BDP-95
Netgear ReadyNAS RDPU4000, 4 x RED 3TB
JVC DLA-X95/RS66
Integra DHC-80.3, 2 x Sunfire TGA-7401
9.2 Sunfire 10 x CRS3C, 2 x CRM2-Bip

yes - http://xbmc.org/making-subtitle-search-better/
(2013-11-24, 13:33)-DDD- Wrote: yes - http://xbmc.org/making-subtitle-search-better/

so, how to get undertexter.se working?
do i have to contact them now so they make a service for xbmc?
2 x NUC I5 4250U, 16GB Cruical, 120GB Kingston mSata
OPPO BDP-95
Netgear ReadyNAS RDPU4000, 4 x RED 3TB
JVC DLA-X95/RS66
Integra DHC-80.3, 2 x Sunfire TGA-7401
9.2 Sunfire 10 x CRS3C, 2 x CRM2-Bip

Has anyone gotten VC-1 To work? I loaded my first VC-1 and got colorful artifacts.
Hm..no problems with VC-1 here.

I have a trouble to make USB Live from this package. It boots into syslinux installation wizard. Sad
(2013-11-24, 19:34)gamble Wrote: Hm..no problems with VC-1 here.

With VAAPI enabled?
Yes, VA-APi enabled, but i´m on Frodo.
I would love some help from those more knowledgeable than I. Is anyone using the xbox 360 media remote and able to power up and down with it? I'm trying to make sure it's fully understood by openelec in the hope I can shutdown and fire up the NUC with the remote and make my machine usable by others in the household. It works now, I just can't power down or up with the top button.

per: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...DVD_Remote (which may not be right for this remote) it seems like a pretty easy setup but I'm not sure of the actual syntax.

I changed my autostart to like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# RGB fix
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton_cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530\:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton_cir

#xbox dvd remote
modprobe lirc_xbox
echo "modprobe lirc_xbox"