• 52(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
I looked into the Intel VA-API driver and it has some holes in the interlaced VC-1 decoding. Sad

Still a long way to catch up to VDPAU on nvidia hardware.
(2013-11-26, 05:16)lmyllari Wrote: I looked into the Intel VA-API driver and it has some holes in the interlaced VC-1 decoding. Sad

amen
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-26, 05:24)nickr Wrote:
(2013-11-26, 05:16)lmyllari Wrote: I looked into the Intel VA-API driver and it has some holes in the interlaced VC-1 decoding. Sad

amen
To be fair though, we have perfect display timings out of the box, control over AVI infoframes, power management and open source drivers.
Are you guys talking about nVidia Tegra 3 (Android)? Because that completely failed to play VC-1 other than in SW mode. Koying, the dev here, was never able to get the to properly HW decode.
Intel i3 Haswell NUC D34010WYK / Yamaha RX-V673 receiver / Panasonic VT-50 plasma TV
(2013-11-26, 05:38)Alchete Wrote: Are you guys talking about nVidia Tegra 3 (Android)? Because that completely failed to play VC-1 other than in SW mode. Koying, the dev here, was never able to get the to properly HW decode.
No we are talking about nvidia GPU in a PC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-25, 18:38)IBTB Wrote: Since I threw out my good old Xbox (with XBMC Smile) I have been using mediaplayers without any moving parts, and now going back to the NUC again the "inaudible" noise most people refere to annoys the crap out of me! Tongue
It might not be loud, but it all depends on what you're used to!

I also did an installation with Windows as I've read in this post that should give me least problems, but that didn't go 100% smooth neigther.
I somehow need to choose "Optical out" for sound to be able to even play movies with DTS-HDMA (HDMI output makes the movie stutter ALOT. <1 fps), even tho I use HDMI -> Reciever.
(So, I use Optical out in the config/options, but physically the sound goes through HDMI).

I have only tested two movies yet, but I don't feel I get the same quality as with my other mediaplayers. It also looks like some very little micro-stutter in dark/black scenes with explosions!

I tried XBMC on a RaspberryPi once, and was able to see the FPS output somehow, anyone know the command for that (I can of course google it if not)!

Watching this thread like a hawk, and I am impressed by the solutions you guys are able to come up with. You are doing a great job!
If you are getting video stuttering with audio output set to HDMI make sure in XBMC audio output and passthrough settings, you are using the "WASAPI (Name of Receiver)" HDMI selection and not the "DirectSound (Name of Receiver)"
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Can someone put this Intel's patch into OE 3.2.x last stable version? I'll do by myself but unfortunally I have lack of skills.
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
(2013-11-26, 00:55)Alchete Wrote:
(2013-11-26, 00:10)voip-ninja Wrote: So will this fix correct black levels with hardware decode? Any other outstanding issues after this goes in or can I take the plunge?

Thanks to lmyllari and Selene especially for really dogging this thing as well as lmyllari creating a patch to deal with this.
Yes, this is the black levels fix for HW decoding. Won't know what other issues exist until we all try it. Smile

As well as the black levels, does this also tackle the colour range issues (I think the green levels etc were not correct, according to lmyllari's post on the OE forum) http://openelec.tv/forum/116-vaapi-intel...tion#91434

Other than that and the power-down issue, I'll be almost there then.
Intel NUC i7 - OpenELEC - 16GB Ram - 1TB NVME/1TB SSD / LG OLED77GX6LA / Denon AVC-X4700H / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Monitor Audio 5.2.4 / Twin REL HT1003

Server: AMD 2950x / 32 GB Ram / 7x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVME drives / 24 WD Red 4TB HDDs / 10GB Nic / LSI HBA

Network: 1 x MikroTik CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+PC / 2 x MikroTik CRS309-1G-8S+IN 10G / 2 x Ubiquiti NanoHD
Have the IR-driver also been added to the OE nightly?
(2013-11-26, 10:35)RangerJoe Wrote: Have the IR-driver also been added to the OE nightly?

The nuovoton-cir driver has been in openelec for longer than this has been an issue with the nuc. Whether the hack to get it actually loaded on the nuc is in openelec, I don't know. Why don't you look through the openelec commits on github and come back here and give us the answer Smile
I'm not that familiar with GitHub... Any way to search all changelists/commits for e.g. "nuovoton"?
Looking at replcaing my Revo 3700 with one of these in the future, I presume the i3 will play 3D well (HSBS)? Also, do these support HD audio out of the box? And finally, where can I buy them in the UK as none of the usual suspects seem to have them?

Thanks all.
(2013-11-26, 14:24)benholtby Wrote: Looking at replcaing my Revo 3700 with one of these in the future, I presume the i3 will play 3D well (HSBS)? Also, do these support HD audio out of the box? And finally, where can I buy them in the UK as none of the usual suspects seem to have them?

Thanks all.

I've just replaced a Revo 3700 with the new i3. Seems to be great so far, apart from the issues mentioned in this thread (which seem to be getting fixed).

Unfortunately I can't comment on the HD audio or 3D playback as I either haven't got any suitable files (in the case of 3D) or haven't yet had chance to try many files out (for HD audio).

That said, for the files I have played, I didn't have to jump through any hoops or anything. I installed OpenElec, setup advancedsettings.xml for access to my MySQL library, rebooted and it all just worked. Files played, picture showed and sound came out Smile

Compared the Revo, it's very fast and fluid to use. Night and day.

Dabs are showing stock of both the i3 and i5. I bought my i3 from them last week, as a bundle including memory, msata drive and a Wi-Fi card (which I've installed but am unlikely to use).
Just work around the nuvoton issue with autostart.sh or other startup file. The correct fix should be a BIOS update, I noticed lmyllari has a thread on the Intel community about it so hopefully they will do something about it soon.

Did anybody raise a bug with Intel about the reboot-on-power-down issue?
I just tested the new nightly, which includes the commit with lmyllari's fix.

http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com/openelec-ge...-download/

It seems to me that the blacks are too grey, I remember the lmyllari build to be better than this.

It needs more testing. Could anyone of you please try it out and report with your findings?

edit: with no xrandr line in autostart.sh, limited range off in xbmc settings

edit 2: ah, it seems there's another commit that missed this build "i915: Fix Full Limited conversion ".
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7