• 68(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Thanks to the both of you Smile

Where is the adjust refresh rate to video option? for 23.976Hz? I'm stuck on 60Hz at the moment. Is it because I am using DP->HDMI?

Picture looks a bit bright, not quite as good as my AMD so far? Might be a quick to judge however as I am standing right in front of the TV

Also seem to be outputting PCM not Dolby Digital?

This is the build I have installed:

http://openelec.xbmcnightlybuilds.com/Ge...41.tar.bz2

On the plus side power on by remote works!! And the remote works as well thanks to the updated start script Smile
WOW!

Now you can download Openelec with retroplayer officially!!! I will try it asap.

http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com/category/op...troplayer/
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2013-12-02, 16:45)Platypus2 Wrote: Tranquil has 20% off their fanless chassis for cyber monday

http://www.tranquilpcshop.co.uk/nuc-next...s-haswell/

Tempted but VAT still makes it £100, and some competitors still have yet to reveal everything (e.g. NC3)

shipping to the US is a killer, was almost going to buy it but it's nearly $160 US - way too much for a case
Little size comparison!! Smile

Whats the ugly brick to the left :-)
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
Q: Is 8gb RAM overkill for a device like this? When would you need that much RAM?
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2013-12-03, 00:03)micoba Wrote: Whats the ugly brick to the left :-)

None of my mates could be persuaded to jump the sinking ship Big Grin

Any ideas why I have no "match refresh rate to video option"?
I'm afraid it's xbox from the early 80's Sad
(2013-12-03, 00:15)Maniac Wrote: Q: Is 8gb RAM overkill for a device like this? When would you need that much RAM?

For Linux/XBMC no, for Windows probably not
(2013-12-02, 07:53)musicman_234 Wrote: Newcomer here. Been reading this thread with great interest, as i have an i5 NUC. For the life of me, I can't get the CIR working. I've read, and re-read, the threads on how to fix it (the workaround). I'm not a Linux expert, but my trouble seems to be that I can't actually modify the resources file for the NTN0530. I do the 'echo "auto"...' Command, and then cat the file, and its no different. I've played with permissions (chmod) to no avail. The resources file always starts with "status = disabled". I've verified CIR is enabled in BIOS.

I'm running Linux mint 15. Fully upgraded it.
Help?

I had several issues getting Mint to work and switched to Openelec, much much easier!

To get the CIR working on Openelec follow these instructions to create the http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Autostart.shautostart. I believe this will NOT work for standard Mint. Once the file is created and you're logged in via ssh run nano to edit the file. You can copy paste in the commands to active the CIR from other posts in this thread. Save the file! You can then either reboot OR run the file by typing ./autostart.sh - it won't return anything.

This assumes of course that you're on the latest bios, 21 I think it is? It's a bios bug that forces us to do this workaround so I suspect that bios version matters. Once this is done I think you'll find Openelec pretty polished!

P.S. I've just remembered, once the autostart.sh file has been created you can also just edit it via the smb share from a Windows machine - it's in the configurations folder. IF you do this you MUST not use Notepad to edit, download and use Notepad+ as it won't put end of line crap in the file like Notepad does. This hidden eol stuff trips up Linux!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Why not ssh in and edit that way, much better and avoids all crap with notepad.

Oh and the better program is notepad++

Note the two pluses.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-12-03, 04:18)nickr Wrote: Why not ssh in and edit that way, much better and avoids all crap with notepad.

Oh and the better program is notepad++

Note the two pluses.

Yes, ++ - that's what I get for responding from an iPad in a bar while having dinner and not from the desktop at home. I DID explain using nano however he's not very experienced with Linux, by his own account, and the SMB share for the configuration directory is pretty convenient for a Windows user to use.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2013-12-03, 00:15)Maniac Wrote: Q: Is 8gb RAM overkill for a device like this? When would you need that much RAM?

When you buy a second NUC Smile
(2013-12-03, 05:12)hick Wrote:

Now why didn't I think of that?! I bought another 8gig and it showed up today! Shocked
(2013-12-03, 05:12)hick Wrote:

True that, think it's time to order a NUC Nod
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7