• 87(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Ah yeah, of course. How frustrating!
(2013-12-17, 12:08)ascl_ Wrote: Ah yeah, of course. How frustrating!

Yeah... Well, will try to check out some possible solutions tonight. If not solved, I will ask for a replacement. Seems like this christmas will be without a sexy HTPC... Sad
(2013-12-16, 21:12)millercentral Wrote: Just a heads up that I ran into an issue with the r16530 nightly. I use the "Wait for network to start before booting" setting in OE, and with this nightly applied it never gets past that OE splashscreen waiting for the network (keeps showing the "will wait a maximum of 10 seconds" message over and over again).

I know they are nightlies and not expected to be bugfree, but wanted to let others know in case they get into the same spot.

Strange, I need to use this setting too as without it, my SQL library has not connected when Openelec/xbmc boots up, so I set a 5 sec wait for network and had this running on 16519 and now 16559 and no problems at all. It pauses for 5 seconds or less at the Openelec splash and then continues to boot and works flawlessly.
I just had a phone Call with an Intel Support Agent; he said to me that the Box is within 30days of Purchase and I shall have it replaced from the Vendor.
Called the Vendor, they told me I get my Money back; they expect the next bunch of NUCs mid January :-(
Now i'm disappointed, but i'll give the NUC another try in Jan.
Windows shows me sometimes a message that I don't have sufficient RAM available. I just can't believe that this is true. I've never seen this message on Win 7 on my Desktop PC. Though I set that the HD5000 may use 512MB of the RAM. Is this too much?
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
Check within TaskManager on the Performance Tab. What does Memory look like? How much is "available"?
(2013-12-17, 09:28)Settepotet Wrote: I'm at work now, so have not tried it.

As far as i understand it's as simple as set the jumper to configuration mode, insert a USB stick with the *.bio file and boot it up. And then wait for 10 mins. It should take 3-4 minutes, but since we don't se the screen I'l give it 10 minutes. If it requires some key presses I guess some good soul on this site would provide with the correct info...? Smile I will first try the Mini DP, but if that don't work a bios update is my last resort.

I'm positive that the NUC works fine, since it boots up normally. No flashing leds, and USB devices light up too. But the HDMI is the issue, I hope.

I was looking so much forward to this unit, so it bugs me that it won't work. Sad So much for being an early consumer.

Never got mine to work with mini hdmi cable either. It works with a mini dp to hdmi cable but there is no picture until X starts. After X starts and I get a picture, I can reboot and see the entire boot sequence. Might be because I have hdmi as preferred output, but trying to change that in bios causes a crash. Haven't tried with the latest "22" bios.
My Nuc works since the beginning with an Hdmi - Mini-Hdmi Cable (No Adapter) without issues..only sometimes if i start up the Nuc without being on my XBMC Input on my AVR
i get no picture...then i need to reboot the NUC..guess that are Handshake problems so no bis deal..
Hi all,

First of all thank you for all the information you took the time to share with the others - although it is a little challenging to go through all the posts Smile

Secondly I'm looking into the instant wake up issue and by running:
Code:
cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

and:
Code:
lspci

I see that the following devices are capable to wake up the system:
Code:
GLAN      S4    *enabled   pci:0000:00:19.0 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Device 1559 (rev 04)
EHC1      S4    *enabled   pci:0000:00:1d.0 00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Device 9c26 (rev 04)
XHC       S4    *enabled   pci:0000:00:14.0 00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Device 9c31 (rev 04)
PWRB      S3    *enabled

Another thing that I noticed is that
Code:
dmesg
outputs:
Code:
[64538.809321] e1000e 0000:00:19.0 eth0: PHY Wakeup cause - Magic Packet

Although I don't know of any device that did WoL.

I will investigate further but I thought I should share the little that I have found in hope that it sparks an ideea in someone else Wink
I noticed a few comments recently that the ALSA/Linux libraries could cause intermittent audio. Anyone on OE 3.2.4 gotten the new i5 NUC to work with retroarch? I've followed the OE thread on fixes and when you chose the correct HDMI output hardware, it seems to crash and just restart XBMC. Also, when using SSH, and testing with speaker-test for 8 channels, it only seems to play the left and right channels. Curious to know if anyone else has this issue or a recommended solution.
First of all, the NUC now works!!

Second, I'm a dumbass... Tongue

Turns out the problem wasn't with the NUC, but with the user. I bought the mini DP to HDMI adapter yesterday, and that didn't work either of course. So I took out the SSD, RAM and Wifi and was getting ready to send the darn thing back to the shop where I bought it.

But then an euraka moment. I booted up my desktop computer, and connected the monitor with the mini HDMI to HDMI cable. No signal. Then I connected it the normal way, via DVI. Signal. Hmm, I entered the menu on my BenQ monitor and there it was. Input was set to DVI only...... So I changed it to HDMI, reassembled the NUC, connected it and booted - voila! The two words "Intel NUC" on my screen was the best letters I've seen in a long time. Big Grin

Windows 7 is now installed, and now my NUC HTPC journey finally begins! Smile
hahah, PEBKAC foils the best laid plans sometimes. At least you have it sorted now!
(2013-12-18, 08:27)ascl_ Wrote: hahah, PEBKAC foils the best laid plans sometimes. At least you have it sorted now!

If I just had connected it to my home theater setup in the first place, and not in my home office, all this would have not happened! You live and learn. Smile
I've given up on the remote for the time being as I'm getting nowhere.

Sorry if this is too far off topic but I am also having sound problems. Sound works fine in XBMC, browser, and Spotify however in Netflix, ZSNES and Steam I have no sound.

Not sure if I should have a asound.rc file and or asound.conf to get it working in other applications? (using Ubuntu)

Dave

EDIT: All working now by uninstalling and reinstalling Pulseaudio
(2013-12-17, 12:36)d_hero Wrote: Strange, I need to use this setting too as without it, my SQL library has not connected when Openelec/xbmc boots up, so I set a 5 sec wait for network and had this running on 16519 and now 16559 and no problems at all. It pauses for 5 seconds or less at the Openelec splash and then continues to boot and works flawlessly.

Yeah, looks like it was just that one build as I'm up on the latest now and everything is back to normal.

One other note: I noticed the "HD Audio issue with Match Refresh Rate" occurs also on Windows with XBMC 12.3 -- and with Plex too for that matter, so that makes me wonder if it is really just a ALSA linux issue, or if it is something bigger.
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7