• 91(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Turn overscan off on your tv.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi all. I just bought one of the new D34010WYK boxes, recommended RAM and SSD, and installed XBMCbuntu on it. The audio through audio jack is fine, but through HDMI (going directly into my TV) it's absolutely criminal, with bad static and distortion. I've tried fiddling with every option in the XBMC audio settings but with no luck. Video never stutters or pauses, and the System menu shows that the processor is never close to breaking a sweat. Any thoughts? I couldn't find anything similar elsewhere in this thread.
Update to the latest ALSA drivers:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/alsa-daily
apt update
apt install oem-audio-hda-daily-dkms

I would n't recommend doing this until a new release is out though. It fixed the crackling sound and incorrect speaker channels that I had but the latest version today has stopped the sound working entirely so I have removed for now

Dave
I got my i5 D54250WYK a few days ago, I didn't have time to set it up untill last night. I was enjoying every minute of it Smile
Everyting is smooth, no hick-ups. I installed Windows 8.1. XBMC is up and running. Very happy with my setup.

Intel Nuc FTW Smile
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Anyone can give me a tip how to make a log of the problem with HD-Audio whilst "Autom. Display Refresh Rate" is enabled, i think that is what would bring us all further now..
I have time tomorrow, can reproduce the problem and solve it within a minute but i have no clue how to log this :p
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-12-20, 12:12)olem88 Wrote: Helly Guys.

I was wondering if NUC D54250 is a good replacement for EB1501P?
EB1501P is doing XBMC superbly, but Sopcast/Twitch/YouTube/etc in HD is garbage. Cant do anything higher than 480p.

I want a HTPC that can do what the EB1501P can't.

Bumb?

How is D54250 when playing 1080 from youtube (full screen), and streaming source/HD from twitch.tv?
Or even browsing?

My EB1501P is struggeling playing 480P from twitch.tv/youtube (97% CPU usage)
Finally spent the cash and got a i5 Nuc with 120gb mstata intel and 8gb Kingston ram

I will confirm some stuff for people again.

Everything working once new drivers installed HD audio shows up only when newest graphics driver was installed. Only 1-5 dropped frames on average, I think its working good ( I have no idea how this works really)
Wake-On Lan working from S4 not S5 because of stupid Windows 8.1 should have stayed with Server 2012. But will try hibernate never used it before.
Menu's and boot are fast Nod
USB 3.0 copying between passports managed 80mb transfers and over network only 40mb? mite have to debug my network on that end.
Rapid start driver would not install says system requirements not met? Have turned on option on in BIOS? and I have a mstata drive do I need a 2.5 SSD for this?
Been getting some hot days in Australia but on a average day Nuc's temp in bios is always 60c little hot for my liking will have to see if you can boost fan as I can barely hear it.

Also Anyone be able to help a noob with setting up the CIR remote. I have drivers installed and 2 remotes my Yamaha receiver and Epson Projector remote, can I use those? Or do I need a HTPC remote?

If anyone needs anything confirmed under Windows 8.1 I will within means try to test and help.
Ok, i just logged the HD-Audio Problem and uploaded it here :

FYI what i did :

Started Debugging
Restarted XBMC
Went to Systems / Settings / Video and enabled "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
Then started "Star Trek: Into Darkness" -> NO SOUND
Started another Movie "The Avengers" heavy stuttering and freezing, no Sound again.
Uploaded the Log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=100564

To get the HD-Sound working again i need to disable "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and restart.

So i made the log hope someone can get a clue of the problem or tell it the right guys as i have no clue where to post this else...? Maye i should send it Fritsch, at least he is talking my language Big Grin

@ lmyllari

Sent u a pm, maybe u can get into this once again Smile
I own a D54250WYK since one month. When playing movies (1080p mkv's) I notice slight stuttering. Other people don't notice it, but I do. When I compare the smoothness of video playing with the Boxee I used before, then my upgrade was not really an upgrade.

My setup: I hooked up the NUC with HDMI to a Yamaha YSP-3300 soundbar (7.1 and capable of all passthrough options). The soundbar is connected to my TV (Philips 46PFL8008). My movies/tv shows reside at a Synology DS213+. Wired connection. (connection is not the issue: the Boxee works fine) All new gadgets.

I use the Openelec nightly builds (Generic.x86_64-devel-20131212104328-r16530 at the moment) with Aeon MQ5. I performed all kinds of different settings to get rid of the problem:

- enable / disable VAAPI
- enable / disable audio passthrough
- "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled / disabled
- sync video to audio -> tried all different settings
- different refresh rates (currently @ 60fps)
- accessing NAS via smb and NFS (currently NFS)

Everything I bought should be up to the task, but I can't seem to get rid of the mini-stuttering. Anyone got suggestions which settings are optimal in my situation? Or maybe suggestions how to tackle the problem? What can I do to determine the source of my problem?
Disable VAAPI and "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and sync video to audio

Refresh Rate to 24p.

The XBMC GUI will stutter a bit cuz of forced 24p but movies play fine for 95% ...u just have the usual 24p bug but for now its the best working way..as 23.98 is also buggy from what i´ve seen yesterday..
(2013-12-21, 20:33)dave_beer_uk Wrote: Update to the latest ALSA drivers:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/alsa-daily
apt update
apt install oem-audio-hda-daily-dkms

I would n't recommend doing this until a new release is out though. It fixed the crackling sound and incorrect speaker channels that I had but the latest version today has stopped the sound working entirely so I have removed for now

Dave

I couldnt wait so I did some more digging and found out that a kernel update fixes the issue.
Used the following site to walk me thorugh the steps, but can confirm kernel 3.12.6 fixes all audio issues and works fine when upgraded from the default frodo 12.2 release.

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2013...inux-mint/
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/ && wget http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.12.6-trusty/linux-headers-3.12.6-031206-generic_3.12.6-031206.201312201218_i386.deb
wget http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.12.6-trusty/linux-headers-3.12.6-031206_3.12.6-031206.201312201218_all.deb
wget http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.12.6-trusty/linux-image-3.12.6-031206-generic_3.12.6-031206.201312201218_i386.deb
cd ~/Downloads/ && sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-3.12.6-*.deb linux-image-3.12.6-*.deb
(2013-12-22, 15:08)gamble Wrote: Disable VAAPI and "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and sync video to audio

Refresh Rate to 24p.

The XBMC GUI will stutter a bit cuz of forced 24p but movies play fine for 95% ...u just have the usual 24p bug but for now its the best working way..as 23.98 is also buggy from what i´ve seen yesterday..

Thanks. Will try that. But I thought 'sync video to audio' does not work well with audio passthrough?
Can someone with a haswell nuc plug in their MCEUSB ir receiver and see if they can get it to work?

I've been struggling all day on mine as I've mounted it behind the tv so can't use the built in IR.
I've disabled the inbuilt IR and tried running it off the internal USB headers.

Can see the device but can't seem to get any ir codes being detected.
Code:
alex@XBMCKITCH:~$ dmesg|grep mce
[    0.002313] mce: CPU supports 7 MCE banks
[    5.885603] Registered IR keymap rc-rc6-mce
[    5.908499] input: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (mceusb) as /devices/virtual/input/input6
[    5.954372] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (mceusb) registered at minor = 0
[    6.081538] mceusb 2-1.2:1.0: Registered Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver with mce emulator interface version 1
[    6.081542] mceusb 2-1.2:1.0: 2 tx ports (0x0 cabled) and 2 rx sensors (0x0 active)
[    6.081571] usbcore: registered new interface driver mceusb

Googling the issue turns out it may have something to do with USB3 and the MCEUSB support in the kernel? Not sure how to confirm or what to do if thats the issue.
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/buglist.cgi?...=%20MCEUSB

Also someone at the openelec forums has the same issue
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2745
(2013-12-22, 15:14)zjieb Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 15:08)gamble Wrote: Disable VAAPI and "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and sync video to audio

Refresh Rate to 24p.

Thanks. Will try that. But I thought 'sync video to audio' does not work well with audio passthrough?

The problem is with Auto. Display Refr. Rate and i meant u should disable ALL 3 of the Above settings and set GUI RR to 24p.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7