• 95(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Concerning VC-1 interlaced on linux, see here what Intel does:
Code:
if (pic_param->sequence_fields.bits.interlace == 1 &&
        pic_param->picture_fields.bits.frame_coding_mode != 0) { /*
frame-interlace or field-interlace */
        /* FIXME: calculate reference field picture polarity */
        assert(0);
        ref_field_pic_polarity = 0;
    }

That's from libva-driver-intel. So it just asserts down there and kills xbmc - sad. We need to workaround prior to opening any decoder, which is hard, as you don't know if VC1 is interlaced at all at this time. You have to check the priva-data of the avctx. And disabling VC1 completely is for sure not an option.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Need to post it again, and Zag u need to stick that on the first post..

Frtisch did it, we can now ENABLE "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and it works FLAWLESS from what i can see, tested all
kinds of HD-Codecs that made probs. before but everything works like it should.

Refresh Rate is spot on so no more micro stutter every now and then, HD-Sound works and no more freezes or anything like that Big Grin

Here is the Link 2 that Nightly

PUSH ME SOFT

1000x thx 2 Fritsch again Big Grin
(2013-12-26, 12:07)gamble Wrote: Need to post it again, and Zag u need to stick that on the first post..

Frtisch did it, we can now ENABLE "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and it works FLAWLESS from what i can see, tested all

Refresh Rate is spot on so no more micro stutter every now and then, HD-Sound works and no more freezes or anything like that Big Grin

PUSH ME SOFT

Works flawless indeed. Happy Christmas! Big Grin
(2013-12-24, 23:53)Torroa Wrote: I also got discrete ON/OFF to work, but I had to edit the MCERemote.txt file to make it work.

Sweet. How'd you get discrete working? I'm 95% done getting the basic commands the way I want them. I just used mapped the buttons to the default keys and it got me what I wanted without messing with keyboard.xml. Another question: Is there a way to send a ctrl-end command? My next miniproject is having Advanced Launcher run the Netflix metro app, and a post mentioned ctrl-end (or something similar) would exit back to XBMC. Didn't see any fancy key combos in the MCE remote editor program, or even alt-f4.
For those of you running full desktops - a heads up! To get audio I am running the ALSA daily repo which I suspect others are since the ALSA that many distro push out is old. Last night I lost sound and had no output device. Thinking back I remembered applying all system updates and in checking my version of ALSA was dated Dec 23rd and had been updated. I rolled back to code dated the 17th of December and sound has returned! Looks like the ALSA guys broke Intel sound with one of their last updates to the daily repo. I think I'm going to keep a copy of this older file around in case it happens again since for me it's known good (I'm sure others are too) so rolling back is easy.

I'll be trying the latest Openelec on my other box ASAP in hopes this latest update solves the weird performance issue I've got but hadn't investigated yet with HD video. Fingers crossed as I suspect it was a setting issue that this fixes :-)
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Just wanted to post my experiences with this device, if it helps anyone. I have the i3 version. Did not want to deal with nightlies so all this is on the latest stable version (3.2.4). Some of these have already been fixed in the nightlies so this is for those running the latest stable (3.2.4)

Issue: MCE remote not working
Fix: Add the IR fix in autostart.sh as stated in first post

Issue: Blacks showing as grays
Fix: Add following to autostart.sh:
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

Issue: No sound after enabling "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
Fix: Change audio output to Optical/Coax and Audio Output/Passthrough Output Device set to "HDA Intel MID, <Receiver Name> on HDMI".
The audio is still going out through the HDMI port and the receiver correctly detects the audio (DTS, etc) and there is HD sound

Issue: Shutting down the NUC either from the remote or from the menu shuts down but then restarts after a few seconds.
Fix: Disable WOL (Wake On Lan) from the BIOS. Also make sure Deep Sleep is disabled.
This only fixes the shutdown part. Suspend still wakes back up immediately after sleeping. With this fix I was able to shutdown and power up the NUC successfully every time from the MCE remote, where as before it would nearly always boot back up on its own after shutting down.

Current Issues: Apart from the suspend issue which does not really affect me as I shutdown and not suspend, I have not experienced any other issue, it has played everything I have tried so far from old divx files to 1080p mkv with DTS Master Audio and ES Matrix Audios

I'm loving this device! Wish it came with an IR repeater so it could be mounted on the back of the TV out of sight. The silver part does stand out which I don't like as all other devices around it are black, I had the older NUC before this one in the same place and it virtually hid in plain sight!
If any of the above fixes have already been mentioned, (I know the IR fix is mentioned in the first post) I apologize for the repetition but wanted to post my fixes for anyone on stable.
Updated to latest nightly on my i3 machine and it still fails to play HD videos after 7 seconds. It doesn't crash but the page I select the movie form never goes away. I hear sound playing and then silence - it just hangs. Same exact issue I posted about a bit ago. TV shows that aren't as high a bitrate play fine and have terrific sound but X.264 video all die on me. My i5 with a full desktop and compiled XBMC however plays everything fine - very weird. No one else sees this?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I know that cross posting is frowned upon, but I suspect that my problem may be pretty NUC specific so I am hoping that I might get some solution/ideas here.

My setup is very simple, i5 NUC hooked to a Samsung TV through HDMI:
System: Intel i5 NUC D54250WYK
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Display and audio: Samsung F6500 TV
Connections: NUC to TV via mini HDMI to HDMI cable
XBMC: Frodo 12.3 (same problem in 12.2 though)

TV audio specs:
Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby Pulse
DTS Studio Sound
DTS Premium Audio 5.1
3D Sound available
Down Firing + Full Range Speaker Type

Problem: HD/DTS audio doesn’t work and causes severe video stuttering in XBMC. If I set to analog, all works fine

Other stuff:

1) I updated all drivers and bios
2) I tried to solve the problem via the wiki "Windows Settings for Audio engine" and noticed that in step 5 my "Encoded Formats" list is empty. However as far as I can tell, DTS audio works fine in VLC without XBMC. (As a sidenote: how can I tell 100% that audio is being outputted as DTS, dolby etc through VLC?)
3) WASAPI or directsound makes no difference. Both don’t work.

XBMC log: http://pastebin.com/nwqeKz6C

Any ideas please? I`d love not to be limited to analog audio.......

Thanks!
Quote:Problem: HD/DTS audio doesn’t work and causes severe video stuttering in XBMC. If I set to analog, all works fine

Your TV cannot play them. If you are lucky it can play AC3, which is also the only format it announces. So turn off DTS in your audio settings, it will be transcoded to AC3. If also AC3 does not work, disable that too.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-12-26, 16:45)Peppin Wrote:
(2013-12-26, 12:07)gamble Wrote: Need to post it again, and Zag u need to stick that on the first post..

PUSH ME SOFT

Works flawless indeed. Happy Christmas! Big Grin

Doesn't work for me Sad

Video stutters and audio is gone like in previous builds.

HDMI-passthrough is enabled and all formats selected (receiver is capable of all).

Anyting Ive missed in the options?

Regards,
Frank
(2013-12-27, 00:46)- G33K - Wrote: Just wanted to post my experiences with this device, if it helps anyone. I have the i3 version. Did not want to deal with nightlies so all this is on the latest stable version (3.2.4). Some of these have already been fixed in the nightlies so this is for those running the latest stable (3.2.4)

Issue: MCE remote not working
Fix: Add the IR fix in autostart.sh as stated in first post

Issue: Blacks showing as grays

Issue: No sound after enabling "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
Fix: Change audio output to Optical/Coax and Audio Output/Passthrough Output Device set to "HDA Intel MID, <Receiver Name> on HDMI".
The audio is still going out through the HDMI port and the receiver correctly detects the audio (DTS, etc) and there is HD sound

Issue: Shutting down the NUC either from the remote or from the menu shuts down but then restarts after a few seconds.
Fix: Disable WOL (Wake On Lan) from the BIOS. Also make sure Deep Sleep is disabled.
This only fixes the shutdown part. Suspend still wakes back up immediately after sleeping. With this fix I was able to shutdown and power up the NUC successfully every time from the MCE remote, where as before it would nearly always boot back up on its own after shutting down.

Current Issues: Apart from the suspend issue which does not really affect me as I shutdown and not suspend, I have not experienced any other issue, it has played everything I have tried so far from old divx files to 1080p mkv with DTS Master Audio and ES Matrix Audios

I'm loving this device! Wish it came with an IR repeater so it could be mounted on the back of the TV out of sight. The silver part does stand out which I don't like as all other devices around it are black, I had the older NUC before this one in the same place and it virtually hid in plain sight!
If any of the above fixes have already been mentioned, (I know the IR fix is mentioned in the first post) I apologize for the repetition but wanted to post my fixes for anyone on stable.

Thanks.
Waiting my i5 nuc and all this seems a good summary of what I have to do to install it.
Specially about the shutdown turnaround because i always shutdown too and not suspend.
Hope the tip to disable the wol will work for me.

PUSH ME SOFT

Is this confirmed? Link to original post? Was it fixed in kernel or XBMC? Can't test right now due to christmas Smile
(2013-12-27, 00:46)- G33K - Wrote: Issue: Blacks showing as grays

This leads to an too dark picture, try a dark movie like Zero Dark Thirty and u will see...way too much detail lost due to Black

(2013-12-27, 10:08)LDSign Wrote: Doesn't work for me Sad

Video stutters and audio is gone like in previous builds.

HDMI-passthrough is enabled and all formats selected (receiver is capable of all).

Anyting Ive missed in the options?

Regards,
Frank

Hm i will take a look at home, i did once have a Probl. occuring again with stutter and no sound but it was gone after rebooting,
i have set Render Method to Auto, VDAU enabled, VAAPI disabled and Multithreading enabled. Autom. Adj. of RR of course also enabled on Start/Stop
GUI RR is set to 60p
(2013-12-27, 10:00)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:Problem: HD/DTS audio doesn’t work and causes severe video stuttering in XBMC. If I set to analog, all works fine

Your TV cannot play them. If you are lucky it can play AC3, which is also the only format it announces. So turn off DTS in your audio settings, it will be transcoded to AC3. If also AC3 does not work, disable that too.

Thanks for your reply fritsch, but please help me understand because I am confused. These are the audio specs of the TV:

Audio
Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby Pulse
DTS Studio Sound
DTS Premium Audio 5.1
3D Sound available
Down Firing + Full Range Speaker Type
10W x 2 Sound Output (RMS)
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-au...SBXXU-spec

Surely it should be able to play DTS and Dolby Digital(AC3)?
What ur TV has are just "Fake" 5.1 Decoders aka. Virtual Dolby Surround, DTS Premium Audio etc.
They just turn 2 Channel Sound into 2 Channel "Surround" Sound....that´s more or less just to fool people with fancy DD/DTS Logo´s on the TV´s as
u dont get real surround sound.

Real DTS/DD -HD Encoders have an 5.1 (or more) Input AND Output for true Surround Sound with at least 5 seperate Channels.

You need to set XBMC to downsample the 5.1 Signal to Stereo, with this ur TV can let the Magic happen and turn it into "Virtual Surr. Soudn" Big Grin
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7