• 102(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Those with a nuc an recent kernel, could you try to add (there is a _ in there)

Code:
acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'

to /etc/default/grub and run sudo update-grub after it? Put it behind "quiet splash acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'"

Does this still need the workaround?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What is the fix for? Also my NUC now shuts down properly.. not sure what was going on before!
That will use non Windows 8 ACPI tables - perhaps the remote shows up that way, as the problem is in the acpi bios programming.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
fritsch - where should that be applied in an OpenElec build? /etc/default/grub doesn't appear to exist

Should it be added to the end of the APPEND line in /flash/extlinux.conf after quiet?
@Carcharius: Yes, exactly somewhere along that lines. acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'
(2014-01-01, 19:00)cyrusir Wrote: are any of the fanless cases on sale in the UK or europe, probably most interested in the akasa one Big Grin

yes check out the tranquil pc 'abel' range
ok - just tried it

I disabled the remote fix in my autostart and rebooted (without the acpi_osi fix in place)

cat /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530:00/physical_node/resources gives just state = disabled

I added the acpi_osi fix to extlinux.conf and rebooted again.

cat /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530:00/physical_node/resources still gives just state = disabled

Also running poweroff does seem to now cause the nuc to shutdown and stay off rather than reboot.

Am testing remotely so can't test actual remote functionality or anything for now.

This is on the r16765 build of OpenElec-Generic x86_64 from xbmcnightlybuilds.com
Okay, so as a summary:

acpi_osi helps with the shutdown issue, but we still need to workaround the IR problem?
Yes that seems to be the case. Can't confirm the shutdown until in front of the machine in a normal usage scenario - i.e. shutting down from within xbmc.

But testing remotely over ssh that certainly does seem to be the case.
(2014-01-02, 15:21)zag Wrote:
(2014-01-01, 19:00)cyrusir Wrote: are any of the fanless cases on sale in the UK or europe, probably most interested in the akasa one Big Grin

thank you

it looks very nice, but its pricey Big Grin

(2014-01-02, 19:21)cyrusir Wrote:

thank you

it looks very nice, but its pricey Big Grin

There are some here, but I can't find out much about them as a company.

http://www.atlastsolutions.com/intel-nex...computing/
(2014-01-02, 15:30)Carcharius Wrote: Yes that seems to be the case. Can't confirm the shutdown until in front of the machine in a normal usage scenario - i.e. shutting down from within xbmc.

But testing remotely over ssh that certainly does seem to be the case.

Should look like this when modified right?

Doesn't work for me, Nuc still reboots on first attempt to Shut off..

FYI : The pic was taken AFTER i tried shutting off, i did execute mount -o remount,rw /flash before editing cuz of the needed permission..

VA-API doesn't work either, if i try to start a Movie while enabled XBMC freezes and i need to use the Power Button of the NUC to get it working again..

Here´s a log of it

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=104888
I've found that VA-API doesn't work if "multithreaded" is enabled (i5 Haswell NUC). With multithreaded selected the stream never really starts, and the system eventually locks up.

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/ppV2vFUN

With multithreading unchecked, VA-API decoding appears to work fine (with about 20% CPU utilization on my i5) using the setting suggested in the VA-API thread (software codec, HW scale at 20%, lancose3, auto deinterlace w/De-interlace).

Hope that helps! I'll test more later tonight.
@millercentral:
"Multithreaded": Please read the description. This highly interfers with every HW Acceleration. HW Decoders need to get the frames single threaded or they crash hard. This setting will be moved to Expert Settings and I will put in a really fat warning. So - that is to be expected.

@gamble: Don't introduce newlines.
Never tried disabling Multithreaded, will try at home, thanks !

@fritsch

Also keine neue Zeile beginnen sondern einfach hinter ssh quiet dran?
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7