• 114(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Deinterlacing is nothing you should use for Progressive Content.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-01-11, 19:27)micoba Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 19:07)dfdeath Wrote: Anyone have video quality issues with SD content on Windows 8? I'm noticing playback on these files is significantly worse than on my pi using raspbmc.

EDIT: looks like I'm primarily having issues with xvid / avi files

Did you activate deinterlacing?

Not at all. Deinterlacing is OFF

I've just tested the same video file and ass subtitles with a last downloaded XBMC for windows and that works. But not on my OpenElec XBMC.
(2014-01-11, 19:28)fritsch Wrote: Deinterlacing is nothing you should use for Progressive Content.

That's why I asked Tongue
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2014-01-11, 10:16)fritsch Wrote: @lmyllari:

My summary (speaking as OE official) is as follows:
- VC1 interlaced still not working (FernetMenta is looking after it, but it's really hard) as not even implemented in the intel drivers (Backup Plan: Disable VC1 by default, make it being able to enable via the Expert Settings Menu)
- IR Remote (Bios broken by intel -> workaround a) autostart.sh b) udev rule that does echo before loading)
- Shutdown Problem: No clue yet.

Something else not working?
Thanks for the summary! I just made a new build and was happy to see that HD audio with refresh rate matching seems to be working now. I am not aware of other Haswell issues (besides the ones you listed above).

Do you think the vaapi-sse4 work can soon be merged to OE? I'm very curious to see if it could also be used for limited range output.
VAAPI-SSE4 is merged to OE already - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1581511
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1582046
| myHTPC |
(2014-01-11, 23:35)-DDD- Wrote: VAAPI-SSE4 is merged to OE already - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1581511
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1582046
Thanks! This is excellent.

I've been away for too long. Big Grin
christmas gift Wink
| myHTPC |
Guys, what are the best settings for watching TV? I set the deinterlace options to auto (the first three). But I'm not completely satisfied.

I'm using Tvheadend, a sundtek DVB-S2 Stick and Openelec 3.2.4 when playing with the PVR function.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
i wonder if you guys can help me...............

i have the Microsoft XBox 360 Universal Remote Control (the white one) ive had it for a few years so if it doesnt work no biggie cause i didnt buy it. LOL

anyway how do i get it to work with the NUC using xbmc? im searched but i seriously have no idea.

please help.

thank you!!
intel NUC D54250WYK / Plextor 128GB mSATA / Kingston HyperX 8GB / Windows 7
(2014-01-12, 00:33)micoba Wrote: Guys, what are the best settings for watching TV? I set the deinterlace options to auto (the first three). But I'm not completely satisfied.

I'm using Tvheadend, a sundtek DVB-S2 Stick and Openelec 3.2.4 when playing with the PVR function.

i have set Auto, Deinterlace, bilinear, but with OE4.0 and the SSE2 Yadif.
| myHTPC |
@DDD

Which nightly are you using?
@DDD:
The scaler you can optimize a bit. In Video Playback set: "Use HQ Scaler when scaling > " 20%. Afterwards watch an 576i or 720p channel and choose as Scaler Lanczos3 Optimized and save that for all videos. In the future 1080i videos will be scaled via bilinear (cause there is no scaling at all) and videos starting with 720p and lower will be done with Lanczos3 Optimized.

@micoba: You can use every recent nightly. We implemented it arround christmas.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch

But where is the option "Use Hw Scaler when scaling > " 20%" - I never saw that on my Nuc!?

Secondly, is it possible to set deinterlacing for watching TV, only, as I don't want to set it in video menu as general.

By the way thank you both for your helpful hints!
i am currently using r16713
http://xbmcnightlybuilds.com/openelec-ge...-download/

Quote:Secondly, is it possible to set deinterlacing for watching TV, only, as I don't want to set it in video menu as general.
I think that's not necessary, the first option when set to auto should deinterlace interlaced video and
set it off when watching progressive video.
Or why you don't want to set this Setting for all videos?

@ fritsch: Thanks, i have set it to lanczos3 optimized and saved it for all videos. Seems to look better now Smile
I too don't see this Option "HW Scaler". Expert Mode is enabled in Gotham
| myHTPC |
@DDD: It was High Quality Scalers. Set this to 20% as it is bogus to upscale 1080 to 1080 by running 3 times iteratively over such a larg surface.
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7