• 115(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
thanks, found it.
But i have to set Lanczos3 for every TV Channel?! The Option to set this Setting for all videos seems not to work for
alle 576i Channels
| myHTPC |
Nope, should work for all SD / 720p Hd Channels. Despite you have changed some of them manually before.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-01-08, 00:13)travisbell Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 23:31)Crssi Wrote: Under Win8.1 I have "c" mapped under registry to "guide" button.

Perfect.

Ya, everything has been just perfect with this machine. I can't believe how much faster the UI and just general actions are when compared to my old Atom machine. I didn't really think I needed to update it but pulled the trigger anyways... DAMN. It's noticeable!

If anyone makes it this far in this thread and is wondering if it's a machine worth buying, give you a resounding yes.

Okay, I'm convinced :-)

But what about fan noise? I am currently using a fanless htpc (Shuttle xs35 GTA v3) and love the complete lack of any fan noise. How does the NUC do noise wise?
You will only hear it if your browsing the xbmc menus, playing games or listening to music WITH visualitation on - at least if your using a heavy skin like Aeon Nox.

It's noiseless while watching TV or a movie. As this is the main purpose for ME owning a Nuc it doesn't bother me much.

Though, you can always buy a fanless case.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2014-01-12, 16:41)Schweino Wrote: But what about fan noise? I am currently using a fanless htpc (Shuttle xs35 GTA v3) and love the complete lack of any fan noise. How does the NUC do noise wise?

It's noise free as long as you set min fan speed to 20% in the BIOS. By default it's too noisy for me after owning a fanless case.

This way you have the best of both worlds, it can scale up the volume if you hit it hard. During movies it's silent at 20%.
I think the only time I've heard the fan in mine was when it was sitting on my desk compiling XBMC. I've adjusted the fan on one of mine but I don't think I remembered to do it on my other. Mind you I don't sit really close to my TVs either!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Hey.

Thanks again for the help on the Remote ! But now a few new problems have come up.

For the last week or so, ive had my nuc hooked up to my second computer monitor, so it was easy'er to mess around with movie/tv shows indexing etc. But i just hooked it up to my TV today, and startet noticing right away, that colors seem off. Blacks look greyish and my 5.1 sound is working, but the voice from my center seems very very low, and the rest of the setup blasting way to much sound out. That wasnt a problem with either sound or color, when i just used my blu ray player.

Any suggestions on settings ?

Setup is :

Intel nuc Haswell
Pioneer LX5090
Marantz SR6006
Lastest Openelc release Frodo
Well I must say, I hear it pretty often, and I'm sure you all would, too. It can get really annoying, when browsing through the menu for some time, or leaving it on the video library screen...

Is this a Nuc i5 problem? Btw, my fan is set to 25% minimum in bios.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
why don't you set it to 20% like the others?
| myHTPC |
(2014-01-12, 22:49)Leska Wrote: Hey.

Thanks again for the help on the Remote ! But now a few new problems have come up.

For the last week or so, ive had my nuc hooked up to my second computer monitor, so it was easy'er to mess around with movie/tv shows indexing etc. But i just hooked it up to my TV today, and startet noticing right away, that colors seem off. Blacks look greyish and my 5.1 sound is working, but the voice from my center seems very very low, and the rest of the setup blasting way to much sound out. That wasnt a problem with either sound or color, when i just used my blu ray player.

Setup is :

Intel nuc Haswell
Pioneer LX5090
Marantz SR6006

All known, if you follow that thread. Upgrade to a nightly build. Most things were first fixed during the last weeks.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That wouldn't make any difference. The Nuc gets noisy, when the cpu reaches temps above 70 degrees. I don't hear it, when its running under 30%.
I have both an i3 and an i5, I hear neither of them. Does your's have breathing room?

I have both an i3 and an i5, I hear neither of them. Does your's have breathing room?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2014-01-12, 23:06)fritsch Wrote:
(2014-01-12, 22:49)Leska Wrote: Hey.

Setup is :

Intel nuc Haswell
Pioneer LX5090
Marantz SR6006

All known, if you follow that thread. Upgrade to a nightly build. Most things were first fixed during the last weeks.

Ok thanks.

Might be a stupid question, but wich one do i download ? The 64bit ofcourse, but what is the difference on the two thats linked ?
http://openelec.tv/forum/20-development-...tly-builds
Nevermind. Figured it out. Installed it, and colors seem perfect now ! Not to sure about sound, guess ill have to mess around in the reciver itself.

Thanks for the help Fritsch
Hi everyone,

Running devel-20140106035542-r16865-geb0a7a6 on my i3 Haswell NUC and so far so good, except I can't get the wake up before recordings working as I want.

Since the thing boots up so fast, and I've had my share of problems with the tuners and S3 state, I was thinking that I'll just let it boot up normally from shutdown when I want to use it. In other words, I want to have S5 as the "off state". I have disabled deep sleep from BIOS (latest, updated) and it wakes up nicely with an MCE remote when I press the power button.

However, I have a problem with the RTC wakeup feature.

when I echo the wake up time to the file /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm and check the status, everything looks good:

Code:
MediaCenter:~ # cat /proc/driver/rtc
rtc_time        : 21:24:37
rtc_date        : 2014-01-12
alrm_time       : 21:26:50
alrm_date       : 2014-01-12
alarm_IRQ       : yes
alrm_pending    : no

But when I shut down my system (with shutdown now or by pressing the power button on the remote) it will boot up right away. When I shut it down for the second time, it will stay powered off and it will wake up at the correct moment.

I do realize that there are a lot of power issues with these NUCs (based on the Intel forums and the discussion here). What do you think, is this just another variation of the same problem?

Anyway, good news is that the NUC is able to wake up from S5 state using the RTC (even if the logs only state: "rtc_cmos 00:05: RTC can wake from S4"). In Settings -> System -> Power Saving setting I've defined the Shutdown function as Shutdown.
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7