• 119(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
VC1 interlaced is not implemented by the intel people. They rather decided to segfault hard. VC-1 progressive should be "fine", despite there are decoding artifacts, which is also the case for some mpeg-2s. We reported all this to intel.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
well that's disappointing, i thought it was just the interlaced that had issues. thanks for the info.
Check with your real life samples. I can show you approx 25 that don't run on nvidia, kill amd oss vdpau, kill windows DXVA2 and so on ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Not sure if people still use it now.. (I think the answer is no) I just know that there's plenty of movies that did use it before, and when it comes to movies..newer isn't better!

That being said, the issue has been reported several times both here, and to intel and like fritsch said, it crashes everywhere and with everything. There's always the bad apple. Unfortunately, the solution I've had to live with is to turn off hardware decoding, which makes me quite glad that multi-core rendering works so well in its place. I'd be pretty unhappy without that workaround Smile

Edit: Recently Battlestar Season 1 bluray was encoded in VC1. It still exists. ! Smile
Look at this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...7%3A34.png

Was not so hard, was it?
Im thinking of upgrading to this from an atom lenovo ideacenter q180, does anyone know if this will handle windows 8 with xbmc and some sort of usb dual dvb-2t (uk freeview HD) tuner?
Looking to use the dolphin emulator too, to tidy up my setup if anyone can confirm it works on this? Thanks!
About 170 Pages later i didn't found anyone who really tried to use the internal hdmi cec adapter from pulse eight (besideds cecemf user name is quite annoying, if you search of cec Smile and the forum search isn't working for words with 3 letters Smile ).

I read a few times that there is only little space in the case, but there have to be a few mm for a msata drive or for the so-dimm. So did anyone really try to use the internal cec adapter?

I'm just about to buy the current i5 version and i would like to try it with the cec adapter, even i have to remove the pin headers and solder a few wire direct down (anyone know which are really neccessary for cec?)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

regnets
Use google for 3 letter searches, like

Cec site:forum.xbmc.org
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-14, 22:49)fritsch Wrote: Look at this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...7%3A34.png

Was not so hard, was it?

Not on OE no Smile
Yeah, get up your ass from the couch and stop being lazy, learn something, e.g. C++ :-) It was a three liner. Currently PRing it to mainline, let's see: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4011
http://www.whitebream.nl/nuc_usb
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
That requires me to code even after I spend an entire day doing web development... no thanks. I need balance in my life Smile

Also, I love you for doing that. Smile
(2014-01-14, 23:26)nickr Wrote: Use google for 3 letter searches, like

Cec site:forum.xbmc.org

Yeah, but there are many threads with the words cec in it...

But thank you for the hint.

(2014-01-14, 23:30)fritsch Wrote: http://www.whitebream.nl/nuc_usb

Yes, that is kind of what i was looking for, so basically the cec adapter will fit! Great! But i don't want to solder on the mainboard, i just wanted to remove the pin header on the cec adapter (i don't think my soldering skills are good enough for a 300 Euro device Big Grin ).

I am shamed that i didn't find that web page.

Thank you!
(2014-01-14, 18:30)peio72 Wrote: I'm already using Gotham and same issues as other software for dts-hd ma passthrough. What can be done under windiws 8.1 to fix that without external hardware ? Thanx.

Any chance to get hd audio with passthrough on my denon 1910 with the i5 nuc haswell ? I'm stuck. Thanx.
(2014-01-15, 00:17)peio72 Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 18:30)peio72 Wrote: I'm already using Gotham and same issues as other software for dts-hd ma passthrough. What can be done under windiws 8.1 to fix that without external hardware ? Thanx.

Any chance to get hd audio with passthrough on my denon 1910 with the i5 nuc haswell ? I'm stuck. Thanx.

Any chance you could supply a debug log?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7