• 122(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-01-16, 11:38)zag Wrote: TRIM is pretty useless on an HTPC.

You would have to run it for many many years to notice any degredation

Thank you zag, I'll no longer bother this.
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
(2014-01-16, 16:07)joelbaby Wrote: I noticed you are using OpenElec ... so this is really an OpenElec issue.

A NUC can do Trim, but you have to have the correct operating system installed (e.g. Windows).

Sorry for the offtopic, but http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Live_B...im_Support
(2014-01-16, 07:27)trsqr Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 16:59)davidh2k Wrote: Nice. HDMI-CEC is one of the features that is a must-have these days for me, as I've been used to it from the raspberry pi.

On the i3 and i5 models there's also something called HTPC header which mentions HDMI CEC as well. I know nothing about that, but Intel's product specification document page 47 talks about it. Note that the header is on the top of the board and not easily accessible if you use the standard NUC case.

Intel Wrote:HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): standard communication signal from the Mini HDMI connector (http://www.hdmi.org/) - the signal is exposed through this header for third party solutions to monitor/control CEC activity between multiple HDMI devices.

I would go with the high version of the case anyway. So the height may be no problem I guess?!

Greetings
David
(2014-01-15, 12:13)peio72 Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 11:17)arokh Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 00:17)peio72 Wrote: Any chance to get hd audio with passthrough on my denon 1910 with the i5 nuc haswell ? I'm stuck. Thanx.

Just a FYI, I have a Denon 1713 and HD audio works great here. Seen others here with Denon's as well. I'm not running Windows though.

(2014-01-15, 07:54)voip-ninja Wrote: Can software do perfect 23.976 like the gpu can? If so why even get haswell, why not just get ivy bridge?

Very good question, wonder why I never tried on my Ive Bridge NUC which was perfect in every other way Smile

Anyway, infrared is nice to have though. Using software decoding would generate a lot more heat/noise, and you can forget about 4k.

Ok I will have a try with an openelec distrib to see if it comes from windows drivers. Thanx.

Tried with openelec, same issue with the DTS-HD MA, switch the Denon1910 but no sound. Seems to be issue with NUC and Denon 1910 bistreaming hd audio, very disappointing, put my Popcorn A-400 back, no issues with it. I will have a try with a displayport hdmi cable. Otherwise is it possible to use LPCM with HD audio on Gotham Nightly ?
Hi

I've got two Haswell i5 NUCs. Both with 16GB ram and a 256GB Sandisk SSD, works great although slightly annoyed with noise levels so will look into purchasing the Akasa Newton H case when it's available.
I have purchased the Pulse Eight HDMI CEC internal adapter and will try to fit inside the original case, not sure if anyone tried, I haven't fitted a wireless controller in mine so there might be some space for this, I will let you know how this works out.

I'm running my devices with Windows 8.1, all latest drivers/bios (except not running very latest LAN drivers) and both XBMC Frodo (and Plex Home Theater) work great.
I'm piloting one of them via a Logitech Harmony Ultimate and it's working pretty well thus far.

The main issue I have is about when I matched output video refresh rate to video file. I sometimes get video corruption when stopping to watch the video going back to the XBMC's GUI.
The other one issue I have is when XBMC is forced shut down (stop process) when playing a video file with a different video refresh rate than Windows is configured with the screen will be completely mangled and I have to force restart the NUC to get it sorted.

Other one and I read many reports about it is that on some occasions when I start up my NUC the Audio (via HDMI) is muted. I read reports on Intel forums about that but will need to follow down there to check whether it is still present or got fixed if yes for which chipset (4400 or 5000?).
(2014-01-04, 22:16)Acrobat76 Wrote: Some more remote control help needed, wondering if someone can help me:

Set up: i5 Haswell nuc, Win 8.1 64 bit, Harmony 650 remote.

I have 2 activities: 1 for my HTPC, 1 for watching TV through my TV.

By default the harmony manages to power on the HTPC or wake it from sleep/suspend or whatever mode it exactly is. It doesnt power it down. I managed to make the harmony power down the NUC using the great AdvancedMCERemoteMapper tool. However what I`d like is this:

When I switch activity from HTPC to TV I`d like the NUC to stay on or else go to sleep/suspend and not shut down completely. However I`d still like it to shut down completely when I press the power off button on the harmony. Is this even achievable?

Thanks Smile

(2014-01-04, 22:37)Crssi Wrote: Yes, it is. I have like this. It is a registry setting.
I am out of town until tommorow evening. Will post then if nobody else will be faster.

Sorry to bring up the nverending remote control topic again but I`m still not managing to get the Harmony work as I`d like it to. Any ideas please?

Thanks!
@Acrobat76: This is NUC topic, not smart control.
Go to New Harmony Smart Control Remote
You can also send me a PM.

I will not participate on SPAMing the NUC thread with non-NUC related stuff.
(2014-01-17, 10:14)peio72 Wrote: Tried with openelec, same issue with the DTS-HD MA, switch the Denon1910 but no sound. Seems to be issue with NUC and Denon 1910 bistreaming hd audio, very disappointing, put my Popcorn A-400 back, no issues with it. I will have a try with a displayport hdmi cable. Otherwise is it possible to use LPCM with HD audio on Gotham Nightly ?

You should be using a Gotham nightly for HD audio on either Windows/Linux. There was a workaround for the no sound issue a few weeks ago.
Anyone know if the D34010WYK can output audio over the HDMI and Headphone jack at the same time?
I'm afraid I already installed and tested with nightly version of yesterday. It seems to be an hardware issue from the nuc because same result with other software as mpc-hc for bitstream audio and with the denon receiver hd audio works fine with a popcorn hour a-400. Maybe a bios update will be required ? Don't know, next will try with a displayport cable ? Is it possible to use LPCM with HD audio on Gotham Nightly ?
@Peio, I think you are right about the bios needed update. I have an Onkyo avr and have the same problem.
NUC D34010WYK, Wifi-BT 7260, G. Skill 8GB F3-1600C9S-8GRSL 1.35V, Yamaha RX-A1020, MyDigitalSSD 120GB
(2014-01-11, 06:22)lmyllari Wrote: I think I found a small problem with the playback quality. It looks like the video window might be one pixel too narrow (and image is scaled down to fit, leading to slight errors).

I can see the same with xbmc picture viewer, but not the xbmc calibration patterns.

I've uploaded a test image to http://i.imgur.com/jLHZVjJ.png - this should show a flat grey pattern (1 pixel wide vertical lines). On my system I see brightness variations in the pattern.

edit: this is an older OE git build, I'll retest with a recent nightly and report a bug if nobody else beats me to it
This issue seems to come and go. I'm still seeing it sometimes.

It looks like the pixelratio calculation is not always accurate. Looking at guisettings.xml some 1920x1080 modes have a pixelratio of 1, others 0.999798. The latter leads to horizontal downscaling that can be seen using the horizontal resolution test pattern.
(2014-01-17, 12:04)Crssi Wrote: @Acrobat76: This is NUC topic, not smart control.
Go to New Harmony Smart Control Remote
You can also send me a PM.

I will not participate on SPAMing the NUC thread with non-NUC related stuff.

Agreed Smile Will do, thanks
(2014-01-17, 11:18)daneel3001 Wrote: Hi
(...)
I have purchased the Pulse Eight HDMI CEC internal adapter and will try to fit inside the original case, not sure if anyone tried, I haven't fitted a wireless controller in mine so there might be some space for this, I will let you know how this works out.
(...)

Be careful because there is different pinouts on Intel NUC Custom Header and HTPC header so the cable sold with internal CEC-HDMI from Pulse8 will not work and you can damage NUC and/or CEC-HDMI. Please, check the pinouts.
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
Hi,

does anyone know if it's possible to install a 2,5 hdd AND a MSATA SSD at the same time in the tall nuc model D34010WYKH, sorry if it has been asked before but I can't find an answer. I want to enjoy fast response/boot times from a MSATA SSD, and store my large music collection on the 2,5 HDD, so I won't need to wake my server just to listen to music.

Thank you.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7