• 132(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Thanks I'm nauw on v23 and everything works
Could anyone tell me if it is possible to use both the mSATA and the regular SATA ports at the same time?
As a point of reference, I just received my I3 haswell NUC last night and had it running great in very little time.. I am running the OpenElec Jan 24, 2014 nightly build. I had to go to the nightly as the stable build has an issue with the washed out display. The nightly solved that issue and more. The only downside so far to the nightly that I have seen is that teh AEON skin totally barfed with it. Had to reload to get back.

I am using it as a frontend to my Mythtv .26 backend. I also have a bunch of ripped ISO's on a network drive. The upgraded myth plugin works great and I also get the commercial skip feature.

I have not yet optimized the on/off setting as this thing is dead quiet and I am not opposed to just leaving it on. One thing I will note is that this is as close to an appliance as I think you can get. I installed the OpenElect to the 64gb mSATA in about 5 seconds - literally. I can rebuild this thing in about 10 minutes with all settings done. It boots very quick with the post test being the majoirty of the boot time.

I am planning on adding the Pulse Eight CEC adapter and use the mount plate to get it out of the way. So far very pleased. I am only worried that I have is that this NUC is total overkill for the intended purpose.
(2014-01-31, 18:17)g28s Wrote: Could anyone tell me if it is possible to use both the mSATA and the regular SATA ports at the same time?

I think so, from what I've been seeing in custom cases, some of them support a 2,5'' hdd inside.
Im not quite sure how its powered, it seems the msata ones plug right under from where the sdd's are placed and the 2,5'' plugs somewhere in the middle of the board. You probably need a msata-sata converter for the 2,5'' one.

I'm quite new to this so hopefully someone more tech savvy can curate my statement for something really stupid.

Im following this thread to see what cases are people using (or if sticking with stock one) but havent been getting much luck.
Worth pointing out if you wanna have 2 drives in it and use the stock case they have D34010WYKH
(2014-01-31, 19:36)Auch Wrote:
(2014-01-31, 18:17)g28s Wrote: Could anyone tell me if it is possible to use both the mSATA and the regular SATA ports at the same time?

I think so, from what I've been seeing in custom cases, some of them support a 2,5'' hdd inside.
Im not quite sure how its powered, it seems the msata ones plug right under from where the sdd's are placed and the 2,5'' plugs somewhere in the middle of the board. You probably need a msata-sata converter for the 2,5'' one.

I'm quite new to this so hopefully someone more tech savvy can curate my statement for something really stupid.

Im following this thread to see what cases are people using (or if sticking with stock one) but havent been getting much luck.
Worth pointing out if you wanna have 2 drives in it and use the stock case they have D34010WYKH

I've been working with the Haswell NUCs for a while. Running mSATA and SATA simultaneously works great. In fact it's meant to do it. The taller case design is for users who want to run both. I haven't seen the retail kit so I'm not sure but I'm told by the team it will include the SATA cables needed.

Jason

(2014-01-31, 19:55)JasonHoffman Wrote:

I've been working with the Haswell NUCs for a while. Running mSATA and SATA simultaneously works great. In fact it's meant to do it. The taller case design is for users who want to run both. I haven't seen the retail kit so I'm not sure but I'm told by the team it will include the SATA cables needed.

Jason

Thank you. I thought the mSATA and the SATA use the same port and it's either the full size or the small one, like in some desktop motherboards.
I forgot to mention I was talking about the H case, the one with the 2.5" support.
Is 3D running properly on a i5 nuc with latest openelec nightly built ?

tnx
(2014-01-30, 19:40)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2014-01-30, 17:59)frarev Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 23:11)Selene Wrote: 3) LIP SYNCING*** Openelec has a better way to deal with the delay on 24 Hz lipsyncing. Note that it is a problem!!!

I have a NUC Haswell i5 with OpenElec and it works well with only a 30 Gb SSD and 4 Gb ; (and i was obliged to bought 4 Gb because my reseller was out of stock for 2 Gb, that is largely enough for OpenElec).

I had sync problem with 24Hz movies at the beginning, but now it's OK with my Yamaha Receiver : see http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/57509-24p-audio-delay

My Yamaha has a sync automatic function but OpenElec has a 175ms as a default delay for 23-24 Hz movie.

Just disable this delay as explained in the post : http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/57509-24p-audio-delay and on my installation, no more issue with sync audio.

Which build? Are you using hardware acceleration? How about VC1 video?

- Builld : I'm using OpenElec 3.2.4 official stable x86_64
- Hardware acceleration (VAAPI) is ON and seems to work because CPU is only 2 or 3 % while watching video.
- I don't have any VC1 file but i've justed a file named wildwife.wmv that I found in my Windows 7 and I can successfully play it.
Codec : Windows Media Video VC1 (WVC1)
Resolution : 1280x720
29,97 fps - Planar 4:2:0 YUV
Openelec nightly's seem to be here now: http://snapshots.openelec.tv
The info on the first page is the old site.

Is this the site everybody is using or has someone a better link?
Hi

I just got my D54250WYK NUC and the Tranquil PC case.
Did anyone here install the case ?
I did not get any instruction manual on how to install it and the video on their page is for an older NUC so that wont help me too much.
What I don't know is where do I connect the power button and the LED to the mother board?
Also there are some small "pillows" (don't know what to call them Smile ) that I don't know what to do with??

When I was mounting the mother board I could see that two of the thread wholes in the case was to big so the screws are just spinning around and around and wont tighten. Probably bad quality. Anyone else with the same problem?

Regards
(2014-02-01, 01:05)mgmcube Wrote: Openelec nightly's seem to be here now: http://snapshots.openelec.tv
The info on the first page is the old site.

Is this the site everybody is using or has someone a better link?

Yes, this is the official openelec site
| myHTPC |
Just saw this case from : Logic Supply

http://www.logicsupply.com/components/ca...ss/ml320b/

$139 Pre-Order.

I would really like to go fanless in the living room at this point and have the power of an haswell.

This case looks pretty nice from what i am seeing.
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
(2014-01-31, 21:49)djbase666 Wrote: Is 3D running properly on a i5 nuc with latest openelec nightly built ?

tnx

SBS/OU yes.. frame packed.. no.
(2014-02-01, 00:44)frarev Wrote:
(2014-01-30, 19:40)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2014-01-30, 17:59)frarev Wrote: I have a NUC Haswell i5 with OpenElec and it works well with only a 30 Gb SSD and 4 Gb ; (and i was obliged to bought 4 Gb because my reseller was out of stock for 2 Gb, that is largely enough for OpenElec).

I had sync problem with 24Hz movies at the beginning, but now it's OK with my Yamaha Receiver : see http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/57509-24p-audio-delay

My Yamaha has a sync automatic function but OpenElec has a 175ms as a default delay for 23-24 Hz movie.

Just disable this delay as explained in the post : http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/57509-24p-audio-delay and on my installation, no more issue with sync audio.

Which build? Are you using hardware acceleration? How about VC1 video?

- Builld : I'm using OpenElec 3.2.4 official stable x86_64
- Hardware acceleration (VAAPI) is ON and seems to work because CPU is only 2 or 3 % while watching video.
- I don't have any VC1 file but i've justed a file named wildwife.wmv that I found in my Windows 7 and I can successfully play it.
Codec : Windows Media Video VC1 (WVC1)
Resolution : 1280x720
29,97 fps - Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Thanks. Some are reporting that Intel still has a bug with VC1 video.
There is plain no VC-1 interlaced support in the intel vaapi driver. The driver "detects" VC-1 interlaced and then does call it's crash function :-). Not joking.
We will ship a possibility for OpenELEC to deactivate VC-1 acceleration easily via the gui and disable VC1 by default. The CPU is powerful enough to do it until intel implements it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7