• 135(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-02-04, 23:17)Selene Wrote: Which CPU Core is over 25% only 1?

I'm just using the task manager in windows 8.1 and I think by default it shows the total CPU usage (both cores). When I get home I can check resource monitor to get a more accurate picture how taxed each core is. However, 25% of both cores isn't very high.
Are you using hardware decoding or software? No experience with Windows on this box but I'd try switching that setting and testing again in XBMC.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2014-02-05, 02:29)BLKMGK Wrote: Are you using hardware decoding or software? No experience with Windows on this box but I'd try switching that setting and testing again in XBMC.

I tried toggling acceleration on and off but saw the same results in Youtube. However I found something interesting. When I use any of the decent metro youtube apps the stutter is pretty much gone. This is leading me to a potential issue with the browser. I'll keep digging but I welcome any more suggestions.
(2014-02-04, 10:16)mgmcube Wrote: I have a strange problem with the i3 nuc and the openelec nightly from 31-01-2014.
Firmware v23
SMB share

Whenever I listen to music, which is located on my nas, the nuc freezes after 15 minutes or so.
It's not the screensaver because I was still controlling it.

The music continues to play, but the interface is unresponsive and the connection with my android remote is lost.

I have to use the power button to shutdown the nuc. After that is works fine again.
If I don't play muziek it stays fine.

Edit: Yesterday it also was without music.

Same thing for me on windows 8.1 with nightlies gotham ? Is it a known bug ? Screensaver issue ?
Two possibilities:
a) Send your complete nuc including your NAS, your network router, everything to us - so we can reproduce
b) Put xbmc into debug mode, let it run and post the log when it happens.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Which ram/ssd is everyone using for this? Im looking to buy the i3 version to run windows 8.1, xbmc, 3d 1080p and hd sound, ive seen a

Kingston 60GB mSATA SSDNow£45
and
4GB 1600MHz DDR3L Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM 1.35V for £35.

You guys think this will be ok for what i need?
should be enough. i run 32 gb and it works fine
More than enough... even for Win 8.1 Wink
Thanks!
(2014-02-05, 16:34)bgdon Wrote: Which ram/ssd is everyone using for this? Im looking to buy the i3 version to run windows 8.1, xbmc, 3d 1080p and hd sound, ive seen a

Kingston 60GB mSATA SSDNow£45
and
4GB 1600MHz DDR3L Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM 1.35V for £35.

You guys think this will be ok for what i need?

Yous should be fine with those specs. One thing I would recommend though is going for the "H" model of the i3 nuc. It's a little more expensive ($10-15) but it's worth it for the flexibility. I threw an old 80 GB 2.5" mechanical drive I had lying around in it and it works great. At some point I will upgrade but it's nice to have the option to use something besides mSata. Plus the H model comes with additional venting for better cooling as well

Both models are fine though.
(2014-02-05, 17:08)Selene Wrote: should be enough. i run 32 gb and it works fine

SSD? Where you get 32GB SSD from? Links please bud.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-02-05, 20:31)jammyb Wrote:
(2014-02-05, 17:08)Selene Wrote: should be enough. i run 32 gb and it works fine

Maybe discontinued now, though I have a couple myself (which I paid about £30-35 for, not £44)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...=HD-022-CR
(2014-02-05, 20:33)twelvebore Wrote:
(2014-02-05, 20:31)jammyb Wrote:

Maybe discontinued now, though I have a couple myself (which I paid about £30-35 for, not £44)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...=HD-022-CR

Cheers bud. Just got one off eBay for £35. Cheers me dears!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Since I have played with the i5 haswell NUC for about a month now, I thought I would write about my experience. I have basically copied this post (thanks for the post!) for what I ordered: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1569377

I installed Windows 8.1, XBMC stable version, and everything appeared to work great. The reason I installed Windows however, is because I wanted to do some gaming on the NUC. I'm a fighing game fan, and I played most of my games on the Xbox 360. On the NUC I installed Super Street Fighter IV. I had to tune the graphics settings down to low, and set the display setting for the game to 720p, but after that I was able to achieve steady 60fps. I'm actually quite surprised to be able to play the game with no delay, because playing fighting games require very precise timings when inputting a combo.

Love the device so far.
It seems that several people have resolved booting issues, I am still struggling with mine - Every time I shut down via XBMC or remote control the machine boots back up. Is there a setting that I need to tweak?

Machine: I3 - D34010WYK
BIOS 0023 - latest version, WOL disabled
OpenElec - recent nightly build: r17148
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7