• 138(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-02-10, 02:00)dbldown768 Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 23:34)bgdon Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 23:28)fritsch Wrote: Rather looks like "Optimize Contrast" Setting of your TV.

Thats what i thought too but i have double checked all the settings, and it doesn't happen on any other sources on the tv?

Don't know if it makes a difference but my blacks were grey so used the script on the 1st post?

What version you using. If it is beta you don't need the fix from the first post anymore.

Im using the latest stable version, do you think using the nightly one will help? Can i just upgrade to the nightly version, i dont fancy adding all the addons/skin again.
(2014-02-10, 15:10)bustamelon Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 14:43)cyrusir Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 07:35)Rezin Wrote: There's a BIOS setting which controls that. I can't remember where it is, or how exactly it's worded... but have a hunt around. It might be near the power saving options.

thanks will have a poke around

BIOS->Power->Secondary Power Settings->S3 State Indicator

brilliant thank you
In Linux Kernel 3.14 Intel have added 4k output at 60Hz over DP, has anyone got the hardware to test and if so do any of the XBMC (or XBMC at all) skins work at 4k?

I don't have a 4k TV just yet, waiting on Sky 4k and Blu ray 4k first.
I have the i3 Haswell NUC and an XBOX 360 Media remote (the black version). After making the necessary changes to the autostart.sh script the remote works as expected, except starting up the NUC. So shutting down works, but wake up does not. Does anybody have any ideas?
(2014-02-10, 18:44)OllieB Wrote: I have the i3 Haswell NUC and an XBOX 360 Media remote (the black version). After making the necessary changes to the autostart.sh script the remote works as expected, except starting up the NUC. So shutting down works, but wake up does not. Does anybody have any ideas?

If you are sure that your remote sends MCE power up ir sequence, then you should enable IR power up in BIOS.
@Crssi,

thanks for the quick response. All buttons on the remote work as expected. The "xbox power" button powers off the NUC, however pressing the same button on the remote does not wake up the NUC. When I run irw in an ssh session it shows the power button being pressed. I am unfamiliar with the "IR power up" setting in the BIOS. Could you provide some guidance as where I would be able to find that setting?
I would be more accurate at first... but I am not at home to take a look. Sad

-----
I have got home now. Wink

BIOS, Power, Secondary power settings
Uncheck "Deep S4/S5"

BIOS, Devices, Onboard devices, Legacy device configuration
Check "Enhanced consumer IR"
(2014-02-10, 19:29)Crssi Wrote: I would be more accurate at first... but I am not at home to take a look. Sad

-----

Uncheck "Deep S4/S5"

Thanks again.

The "Enhanced consumer IR" checkbox is checked.

At present I also have Deep S4/S5 checked because I thought this was the solution to prevent the NUC from continuously restarting when it was shutdown? Is this what is preventing the NUC from waking up with the remote?

How do I prevent the NUC from automatically restarting when I uncheck Deep S4/S5?
(2014-02-10, 22:07)OllieB Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 19:29)Crssi Wrote: I would be more accurate at first... but I am not at home to take a look. Sad

-----

Uncheck "Deep S4/S5"

Thanks again.

The "Enhanced consumer IR" checkbox is checked.

At present I also have Deep S4/S5 checked because I thought this was the solution to prevent the NUC from continuously restarting when it was shutdown? Is this what is preventing the NUC from waking up with the remote?

How do I prevent the NUC from automatically restarting when I uncheck Deep S4/S5?

The way that I've done this is to disable wake-on-lan features (there are two options starting with the word "wake". I have them both set to "Stay Off". But, if you need that feature, try checking "wake system from S5." Hoping Intel fixes these quirks soon. Not holding my breath.
(2014-02-10, 22:07)OllieB Wrote: How do I prevent the NUC from automatically restarting when I uncheck Deep S4/S5?

Sorry, dont know... I am currently on Win 8.1.
Thank all.

What I have done so far is first update the BIOS to version 23.

When I try to change the value in the Wake on LAN dropdown box to stay off the Visual BIOS screen freezes and I cannot make any further changes. I have to manually use the power button to switch the NUC off and on to try again. Tried about five times now, without success.

Un-checking Deep S4/S5 does not make a difference in so far that I am still not able to wake up the NUC with the remote.

The funny thing is that in the process I have now also lost the NUC starting screen with the message F2, F7 etc and have to guess when to press the F2 key
(2014-02-10, 22:54)OllieB Wrote: When I try to change the value in the Wake on LAN dropdown box to stay off the Visual BIOS screen freezes and I cannot make any further changes. I have to manually use the power button to switch the NUC off and on to try again. Tried about five times now, without success.
That sucks. Do you have a regular keyboard and mouse connected? I found that with one of those battery powered wireless deals, I had the same issue for some reason, but once I hooked up a real keyboard/mouse, all was fine.

(2014-02-10, 22:54)OllieB Wrote: Un-checking Deep S4/S5 does not make a difference in so far that I am still not able to wake up the NUC with the remote.

Bummer. In that case, disabling all WOL features is your only option until they fix it. But of course your freezing csreen issue will prevent that.

(2014-02-10, 22:54)OllieB Wrote: The funny thing is that in the process I have now also lost the NUC starting screen with the message F2, F7 etc and have to guess when to press the F2 key
There is an option for that somewhere as well.
* Edit - under Boot->Boot Configuration->Boot Display Config

Also, uncheck "Fast Boot" in the left hand side [UEFI BOOT].
I have been following this thread for ages now, and it seems that 99% of the posts concern Windows or OE. However, I have some requirements for my HTPC which requires Windows or XBMCBUNTU. In order to save the Windows license fee I am planning to go for XBMCBUNTU. Though, I can't figure out if the washed out black problem has been fixed in XBMCBUNTU. And this is basically all that keeps me from buying the i3 NUC. Can someone confirm that the washed out black is fixed in XBMCBUNTU?

And that HD audio also works in XBMCBUNTU? Basically, if you have any experience with XBMCBUNTU and the Hasweel NUCs to share, I would be glad.

Cheers,
Jorgensen
xbmcbuntu is outdated and the black colors aren't fixed there, maybe you can use xubuntu with xbmc like here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707
| myHTPC |
(2014-02-10, 23:16)-DDD- Wrote: xbmcbuntu is outdated and the black colors aren't fixed there, maybe you can use xubuntu with xbmc like here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707

Thanks, then XBMCbuntu is a no go. To be honest, I did not understand much from the link you provided...

To summerize, which options do I have besides Windows and OPENelec, if I want the black issues to be fixed? And still support the features below:
- Power ON/OFF with IR remote (Harmony 650)
- HD-audio passthrough
- Crashplan backup (the reason I can't use OPENelec)

Linux Mint maybe...

The NUC setup I am planning is approximately 700 USD (I am based in Denmark), so I REALLY want to make sure that it checks off all my requirements before I buy it. My current setup is a ASROCK ION 330 which works perfectly, but I would really like to add HD-audio and IR power ON/OFF which is not supported by the ION 330. And I don't wan't to lose any of the features (Crashplan backup) provided by my current setup.

Thanks,
Jorgensen
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7