• 139(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Do you need a GUI for the Crashplan Software?
| myHTPC |
(2014-02-10, 23:04)bustamelon Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 22:54)OllieB Wrote: When I try to change the value in the Wake on LAN dropdown box to stay off the Visual BIOS screen freezes and I cannot make any further changes. I have to manually use the power button to switch the NUC off and on to try again. Tried about five times now, without success.
That sucks. Do you have a regular keyboard and mouse connected? I found that with one of those battery powered wireless deals, I had the same issue for some reason, but once I hooked up a real keyboard/mouse, all was fine.

(2014-02-10, 22:54)OllieB Wrote: Un-checking Deep S4/S5 does not make a difference in so far that I am still not able to wake up the NUC with the remote.

Bummer. In that case, disabling all WOL features is your only option until they fix it. But of course your freezing csreen issue will prevent that.

(2014-02-10, 22:54)OllieB Wrote: The funny thing is that in the process I have now also lost the NUC starting screen with the message F2, F7 etc and have to guess when to press the F2 key
There is an option for that somewhere as well.
* Edit - under Boot->Boot Configuration->Boot Display Config

Also, uncheck "Fast Boot" in the left hand side [UEFI BOOT].

I currently only have a WIRED keyboard attached, but no mouse. I will try attaching and using a mouse this evening to see whether that makes a change. I will also disable the UEFI boot option and check the display option mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions.
Yes thats right, with keyboard i had freezing too, but with a mouse it works.

Here is a thread with Intel Members. I already tested a Testbios which dosn't work as well, but i hope they will fix all bugs soon.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/465...5&tstart=0

Please use this Thread too, to get a higher Priority.

Now the only Bug i have is the USB 3.0 Bug,

btw, i installed the last Gotham Nightly OpenELEC-Generic (x86_64) – r17689-g27f8e1c
It works but i have no 5.1 Sound only stereo, is that normal in Nightlies? In Frodo Stable Versions it works well
Yes there is a bug in the bios that you have to use a mouse to turn off wake on lan. Using the keyboard freezes the machine for some reason.

*Added warning to first post
(2014-02-10, 22:07)OllieB Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 19:29)Crssi Wrote: I would be more accurate at first... but I am not at home to take a look. Sad

-----
I have got home now. Wink

BIOS, Power, Secondary power settings
Uncheck "Deep S4/S5"

BIOS, Devices, Onboard devices, Legacy device configuration
Check "Enhanced consumer IR"

Thanks again.

The "Enhanced consumer IR" checkbox is checked.

At present I also have Deep S4/S5 checked because I thought this was the solution to prevent the NUC from continuously restarting when it was shutdown? Is this what is preventing the NUC from waking up with the remote?

How do I prevent the NUC from automatically restarting when I uncheck Deep S4/S5?

If suspend works in OE, you can use it instead of power off, if this is convinient for you.
NUC when turned off uses about 0.6W and in a suspend state it takes 1.2W.

I use a suspend, since I dont care for a 0.6W difference.
(2014-02-10, 23:10)Jorgensen Wrote: And that HD audio also works in XBMCBUNTU? Basically, if you have any experience with XBMCBUNTU and the Hasweel NUCs to share, I would be glad.

Cheers,
Jorgensen

Follow this guide to set it all up manually - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707

You can then do as you please adding emulators etc. You also get HEVC decoding.
How to open folders faster?

I've recently purchased an intel Nuc i3 with 4gb of ram (60gb mSata) and it isn't as fast as my xbox1 opening lan folders with a lot of files... it's very frustrating. Is it related with the cache, membuffer or SMB?

I don't use library.
I've tried several things without luck.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111399

A lot of thanks.

OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20140116145133-r17009-gd6c28f3
Sony XR 55 A80J
Kodi Nexus

Intel Nuc i3 + 4gb ram
OE 4.0.3
(2014-02-11, 07:08)-DDD- Wrote: Do you need a GUI for the Crashplan Software?

No, not necessarily on the NUC. I can always connect like this: http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/Late...ess_Client But I still need to install the Crashplan SW on the NUC in the first place. And I am still not convinced that this is possible using OPENElec. And therefore, I was hoping that the black/gray fix was already implemented in XBMCbuntu.

Sorry for going OT.

(2014-02-11, 14:30)tutu Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 23:10)Jorgensen Wrote: And that HD audio also works in XBMCBUNTU? Basically, if you have any experience with XBMCBUNTU and the Hasweel NUCs to share, I would be glad.

Cheers,
Jorgensen

Follow this guide to set it all up manually - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707

You can then do as you please adding emulators etc. You also get HEVC decoding.

Thanks. But as long as the black/washed out gray fix is not implemented in XBMCbuntu, I won't install XBMCbuntu.
(2014-02-11, 09:07)OllieB Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 23:04)bustamelon Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 22:54)OllieB Wrote: When I try to change the value in the Wake on LAN dropdown box to stay off the Visual BIOS screen freezes and I cannot make any further changes. I have to manually use the power button to switch the NUC off and on to try again. Tried about five times now, without success.
That sucks. Do you have a regular keyboard and mouse connected? I found that with one of those battery powered wireless deals, I had the same issue for some reason, but once I hooked up a real keyboard/mouse, all was fine.

(2014-02-10, 22:54)OllieB Wrote: Un-checking Deep S4/S5 does not make a difference in so far that I am still not able to wake up the NUC with the remote.

Bummer. In that case, disabling all WOL features is your only option until they fix it. But of course your freezing csreen issue will prevent that.

(2014-02-10, 22:54)OllieB Wrote: The funny thing is that in the process I have now also lost the NUC starting screen with the message F2, F7 etc and have to guess when to press the F2 key
There is an option for that somewhere as well.
* Edit - under Boot->Boot Configuration->Boot Display Config

Also, uncheck "Fast Boot" in the left hand side [UEFI BOOT].

I currently only have a WIRED keyboard attached, but no mouse. I will try attaching and using a mouse this evening to see whether that makes a change. I will also disable the UEFI boot option and check the display option mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions.

YES! Using a mouse solves the freeze problem as already confirmed by others as well.

However,
- with Deep S4/S5 disabled,
- wake on Lan disabled,
- Enhance IR enabled,
- UEFI boot disabled

I am still NOT able to wake up the NUC with my remote. Powering off works with the remote so I am fairly sure that the remote functions (I am using the Xbox 360 media remote). I have also not been able to restore displaying the NUC logo screen which means I have to guess when to press F2

Any further ideasHuh
(2014-02-11, 20:09)OllieB Wrote: YES! Using a mouse solves the freeze problem as already confirmed by others as well.

However,
- wake on Lan disabled,
- Enhance IR enabled,
- UEFI boot disabled

I am still NOT able to wake up the NUC with my remote. Powering off works with the remote so I am fairly sure that the remote functions (I am using the Xbox 360 media remote). I have also not been able to restore displaying the NUC logo screen which means I have to guess when to press F2

Any further ideasHuh

Did you CHECK "wake system from S5" ? (I assume so, probably not applicable anyway if you have deep sleep disabled).
Have you tried running irw to make sure the power on command is being sent from the remote?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=LIRC
(2014-02-11, 20:08)Jorgensen Wrote: No, not necessarily on the NUC. I can always connect like this: http://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/Late...ess_Client But I still need to install the Crashplan SW on the NUC in the first place. And I am still not convinced that this is possible using OPENElec. And therefore, I was hoping that the black/gray fix was already implemented in XBMCbuntu.
Sorry for going OT.

Thanks. But as long as the black/washed out gray fix is not implemented in XBMCbuntu, I won't install XBMCbuntu.

Crashplan you can only install on OE when there is a Plugin for that or you can compile it by yourselt, but i don't know
how to do that.
XBMCbuntu is outdated, maybe with ubuntu 14.04 it would be updated, but you don't need this, you can go with the link
tatu and i posted and install ubuntu mini with xbmc.

This (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707) isn't xbmcbuntu, this is ubuntu mini with xbmc addon, this is the
right Solution for you Nod
| myHTPC |
(2014-02-11, 20:42)bustamelon Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 20:09)OllieB Wrote: YES! Using a mouse solves the freeze problem as already confirmed by others as well.

However,
- wake on Lan disabled,
- Enhance IR enabled,
- UEFI boot disabled

Any further ideasHuh

Did you CHECK "wake system from S5" ? (I assume so, probably not applicable anyway if you have deep sleep disabled).
Have you tried running irw to make sure the power on command is being sent from the remote?

Checking Wake system from S5 is NOT checked but as I am not using deep sleep S4/S5 I do not think that this would be related.

Yes I have used irw to check that the power button sends a command and yes it does (also demonstrated by the fact that I can power off the NUC using the remote). The information returned by irw is:

74 0 KEY_POWER devinput
74 0 KEY_POWER_UP devinput

I have noticed that the remote device is not listed in /proc/acpi/wakeup as a device that is enabled for S3, this is something I was reading on the internet but I am not sure this file is still used under openelec
(2014-02-11, 21:14)OllieB Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 20:42)bustamelon Wrote:

However,
- wake on Lan disabled,
- Enhance IR enabled,
- UEFI boot disabled

Any further ideasHuh

Checking Wake system from S5 is NOT checked but as I am not using deep sleep S4/S5 I do not think that this would be related.

Yes I have used irw to check that the power button sends a command and yes it does (also demonstrated by the fact that I can power off the NUC using the remote). The information returned by irw is:

74 0 KEY_POWER devinput
74 0 KEY_POWER_UP devinput

I have noticed that the remote device is not listed in /proc/acpi/wakeup as a device that is enabled for S3, this is something I was reading on the internet but I am not sure this file is still used under openelec

Hmm, not sure.
So you have a single power button I guess vs. a discrete on/off. A google search returned an early page from this thread where it looks like a similar issue is discussed. Maybe look back there to see if/how that was resolved. (starting around page 9-10)
I've considered buying a Tranquil Abel H2 Chassis, but the total prize including the PSU kit for a delivery to Germany would be 150€. C'mon, it's just a C A S E! For that kind of money I can get another bay trail device or a nuc celeron.

Though the competitors cases aren't cheap as well... the Impactics D3NU1-IR-USB-B costs 109€ + delivery! But the design of the Tranquil is MUCH nicer!

My question is, do you think the prizes will be lower in a couple of months? Or is this a special product, that is produced by pure demand? What do you all think?
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
The Tranquil Abel H2 is well worth the money.

Love mine.
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7