• 141(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-02-11, 23:51)Jorgensen Wrote: I have been searching through the thread, and I didn't find anywhere that the black/gray levels were fixed but mainly de-interlacing fixes. But I believe you and tatu, so I have just ordered a i3 NUC board and case.

I think the Fix should be in the Kernel 3.13 - https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/pull/2776
So then its everywhere you can use this (and above) Kernel
| myHTPC |
(2014-02-12, 07:06)-DDD- Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 23:51)Jorgensen Wrote: Tomorrow I will order:
-WD Red WD10JFCX 1 TB (€80)
-Kingston SSDNow mS200 30 GB (€40)
-4GB Crucial RAM (CT51264BF160BJ) (€40)

Any other RAM, HDD, or SSD options I should consider?

I would take one (SSD) with Samsung or Marvell Controller, not the SF ones.

(2014-02-12, 04:27)nooryani84 Wrote: I'll be picking up my Intel NUC I3 today/tomorrow - do I need to update the BIOS?

Whats your BIOS Version on the nuc?

Haven't received it yet
(2014-02-11, 21:14)OllieB Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 20:42)bustamelon Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 20:09)OllieB Wrote: YES! Using a mouse solves the freeze problem as already confirmed by others as well.

However,
- with Deep S4/S5 disabled,
- wake on Lan disabled,
- Enhance IR enabled,
- UEFI boot disabled

I am still NOT able to wake up the NUC with my remote. Powering off works with the remote so I am fairly sure that the remote functions (I am using the Xbox 360 media remote). I have also not been able to restore displaying the NUC logo screen which means I have to guess when to press F2

Any further ideasHuh

Did you CHECK "wake system from S5" ? (I assume so, probably not applicable anyway if you have deep sleep disabled).
Have you tried running irw to make sure the power on command is being sent from the remote?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=LIRC

Checking Wake system from S5 is NOT checked but as I am not using deep sleep S4/S5 I do not think that this would be related.

Yes I have used irw to check that the power button sends a command and yes it does (also demonstrated by the fact that I can power off the NUC using the remote). The information returned by irw is:

74 0 KEY_POWER devinput
74 0 KEY_POWER_UP devinput

I have noticed that the remote device is not listed in /proc/acpi/wakeup as a device that is enabled for S3, this is something I was reading on the internet but I am not sure this file is still used under openelec

This are the settings I have in BIOS:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hy1bkojden92asy/i7U7YBCOIr

NOTE: BIOS is on ver 0023 and I am using Win 8.1 so I dont suffer "restart" issues.
Anyone tested the usb 3.0 Boot bug with bios 024?
Hello all,
Some great info in these forums. Thanks for everything so far.
I am looking to SSH in to my Openelec NUC to create the remote command, however putty is saying "network error: connection refused".
I have researched a bit and found that I needed to create the ssh_enable blank file in configfiles, which I have done, but I am still unable to SSH.

This is stopping me from getting the remote working (and also the colors issue form post 1 of the thread)

Any help would be much appreciated
login

root
openelec

than this code to create autostart.sh

cd /storage/.config
touch autostart.sh
chmod 0777 autostart.sh
nano autostart.sh

and than this remote and color issue code

# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530\:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton-cir

# RGB fix
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

than ctrl. x to close

savequestion with y

and at last enter

done

did you do it this way?
You can also sftp with something like flashfxp into the box over port 22
I've just bought one with msata 60gb and 8gb of RAM it's rockzzzz... but under Windows 8.1 because with the openelec intel build I had stability problem during wake up (grey screen).

Very happy Big Grin
(2014-02-12, 13:28)chongwho Wrote: Hello all,
Some great info in these forums. Thanks for everything so far.
I am looking to SSH in to my Openelec NUC to create the remote command, however putty is saying "network error: connection refused".
I have researched a bit and found that I needed to create the ssh_enable blank file in configfiles, which I have done, but I am still unable to SSH.

This is stopping me from getting the remote working (and also the colors issue form post 1 of the thread)

Any help would be much appreciated

Not to overlook the obvious, but did you enable the SSH server in the OpenElec settings?
This depends on what version you are running. I don't think there is any need for the blank file in v2+... although I could be wrong about that. I have never had to do that. Just tick the box in the GUI settings menu.
(2014-02-12, 09:37)Crssi Wrote: This are the settings I have in BIOS:

NOTE: BIOS is on ver 0023 and I am using Win 8.1 so I dont suffer "restart" issues.

@Crssi, thank you for sharing these details. The only thing I noticed is that you have the Intel Rapid Start option enabled and some differences in the UEFI boot section. I will check later whether that makes a difference.
(2014-02-12, 15:56)OmBreNoiRe Wrote: I've just bought one with msata 60gb and 8gb of RAM it's rockzzzz... but under Windows 8.1 because with the openelec intel build I had stability problem during wake up (grey screen).

Very happy Big Grin

I set mine up today, i3 30gb, 4gb ram...with win 7...the first thing i noticed, was the speed of this tiny box. fantastic
now all i need to do, is set up my harmony one remote with it.
(2014-02-12, 18:54)OllieB Wrote:

@Crssi, thank you for sharing these details. The only thing I noticed is that you have the Intel Rapid Start option enabled and some differences in the UEFI boot section. I will check later whether that makes a difference.

Rapid Start is something that seems to be related to a Windows installation so I am not going to try that. I have tried all the other settings but NO luck. I guess it is just not going to work.
(2014-02-12, 20:33)OllieB Wrote:
(2014-02-12, 18:54)OllieB Wrote:

Rapid Start is something that seems to be related to a Windows installation so I am not going to try that. I have tried all the other settings but NO luck. I guess it is just not going to work.

Then I could only speculate that your remote does not send the right power on sequence. Sad
If you know anyone with MCE/RC6 compliant remote to try with it?
(2014-02-11, 23:51)Jorgensen Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 22:14)micoba Wrote: I've considered buying a Tranquil Abel H2 Chassis, but the total prize including the PSU kit for a delivery to Germany would be 150€. C'mon, it's just a C A S E! For that kind of money I can get another bay trail device or a nuc celeron.

Though the competitors cases aren't cheap as well... the Impactics D3NU1-IR-USB-B costs 109€ + delivery! But the design of the Tranquil is MUCH nicer!

My question is, do you think the prizes will be lower in a couple of months? Or is this a special product, that is produced by pure demand? What do you all think?

I had the same dilemma But I know if I did not buy the Tranquil Abel H2 case I would regret immediately Smile

I forgot the taxes. The full prize is 180€ for a case... Sorry, but they can't be serious! They lost me...

Back to topic.

There's a first reaction from Intel regarding the new update...

https://communities.intel.com/thread/48842
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2014-02-11, 22:14)micoba Wrote: I've considered buying a Tranquil Abel H2 Chassis, but the total prize including the PSU kit for a delivery to Germany would be 150€. C'mon, it's just a C A S E! For that kind of money I can get another bay trail device or a nuc celeron.

Though the competitors cases aren't cheap as well... the Impactics D3NU1-IR-USB-B costs 109€ + delivery! But the design of the Tranquil is MUCH nicer!

My question is, do you think the prizes will be lower in a couple of months? Or is this a special product, that is produced by pure demand? What do you all think?

I'm waiting for the Akasa Newton H

It should be available next week in France according a mail that I got from Akasa customer service.
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7