• 158(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-03-01, 17:10)frarev Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 09:18)fritsch Wrote: Don't invest too much time in Frodo. Frodo is not maintained anymore. I hope your NUC is a hsw Nuc.

(2014-03-01, 14:31)fritsch Wrote: In general I don't suggest running Frodo on new intel nucs.

Yes, I have a D54250WYK i5 Haswell NUC. But Frodo is the last official stable version.

Do you think alpha Gotham is stable enough to use it ?

Using Confluence skin, it works great for me. The only issue I have is that it crashes when I try to suspend. So instead I just power it off when not in use, which is fine because the NUC boots in seconds.
Gotham does not really do the "suspend", it calls upower or logind or systemd provided script. Kernel 3.13.x is a bit problematic with suspend sadly. But this is not an xbmc issue.

I think we will branch gotham beta within a short period of time :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-03-01, 17:14)fritsch Wrote: Gotham does not really do the "suspend", it calls upower or logind or systemd provided script. Kernel 3.13.x is a bit problematic with suspend sadly. But this is not an xbmc issue.

I think we will branch gotham beta within a short period of time :-)

Right. Thanks for the clarification.
Hey guys. I bought one of the Haswell i3 NUCs a few months ago and installed XBMCBuntu. 1080p videos stutter terribly, managing 3-10fps. One core is always at 100%. I've followed lots of tutorials for installing VAAPI but it always seems to fail in the logs:

Code:
15:12:44 T:2610613056   DEBUG: VAAPI - initialize version 0.32
15:12:44 T:2610613056   ERROR: VAAPI - unable to initialize display -1 - unknown libva error

So, I've tried disabling VAAPI (which should surely be fine - an i3 NUC should be able to handle 1080p without breaking a sweat, right?), changing various settings based on searching this thread and the Internet, and setting audio to analogue. Still nothing. I'm getting pretty frustrated, because installing XBMC on an i3 NUC should be quite straightforward! Any suggestions?
XBMCbuntu is outdated and a bad choice for Haswell Hardware.
Try OpenElec 4.0 Nighties http://openelec.tv/forum/20-development-...tly-builds or Ubuntu minimal http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707
| myHTPC |
Are there more people having problems with installing apps om the latest versions of openelec?
Using it on the i3.

I had problems with some versions in January. Then i think it was version r17682 which worked great and now with the newer versions I again have problems.
The downloads start and after being on something like 90% for a while the download text disappears and nothing happens.

Is there something I can look at?

Maybe a log when I try to install something?
Looking for info on making a log now Smile
(2014-03-01, 14:31)fritsch Wrote: Yes - your gentoo build does not have my multithreading patch for hi10p, which was backported to OpenELEC and is default in gotham ... it only uses one core ... Btw. gentoo builds with external ffmpeg and external libraries, both is not supported by Team xbmc.

In general I don't suggest running Frodo on new intel nucs.

Thought I replied to this post...

It explains the performance issues. Working on getting Gotham via Github now.
Don't build with --external-libraries and don't build with --external-ffmpeg - if you are building from source anyways use github.com/fernetmenta

This has ffmpeg 2.x included and does HEVC multithreaded.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here is my debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=141137
I tried to install the youtube addon. I see download 0% appear, but after some seconds it disappears again and nothing happens.
Sometimes it gets to 90% and then disappears.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Edit: here is another one. Now I tried to install Aeon MQ5. It came to 98% when it disappears.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=141141
Looks like a network problem. Curl times out, cause it does not get any data - shi**y wireless? :-)
(2014-03-01, 22:29)fritsch Wrote: Looks like a network problem. Curl times out, cause it does not get any data - shi**y wireless? :-)

I'm not on wireless. Connected with cable.
The strange thing is that with a nightly of some weeks ago I had no problems. Same network situation.
I can watch my films with nfs from my nas without problems.

Maybe it's blocked somehow?
I will look into my network situation. Thanks.

Edit: I disabled some things in my router/modem now and I can download most addons now.
Still can't download the MQ5 skin, so I think there is something wrong with the download location of the skin.
Speaking of shi**y wireless, I'm not too pleased with my Intel AC-7260 WiFi/BT card.
When I'm connecting via 802.11n (2.4GHz), everything works almost perfectly, with occasional buffering. I can almost live with that.
However, trying to use 802.11ac (5GHz) is not so nice. I connect, but the NUC will freeze up/stutter and I can't play videos. Is this a 7260 card problem? NUC problem? Openelec problem? Unknown problem?
Update for Windows 8.1 users:

The new 3412 video drivers work, but they do not fix the Netflix Dolby Digital+ bug. I'm getting really annoyed at Intel support which after 4 months is now saying it can't reproduce the issue, despite several dozen complaints on their forum. Ugh. Anyone have the phone number for Brian Krzanich?
(2014-03-01, 23:33)mathgeek97 Wrote: Speaking of shi**y wireless, I'm not too pleased with my Intel AC-7260 WiFi/BT card.
When I'm connecting via 802.11n (2.4GHz), everything works almost perfectly, with occasional buffering. I can almost live with that.
However, trying to use 802.11ac (5GHz) is not so nice. I connect, but the NUC will freeze up/stutter and I can't play videos. Is this a 7260 card problem? NUC problem? Openelec problem? Unknown problem?

I honestly don't think anyone who is serious about this stuff would use a WiFi connection... Too many issues even if initially it works "well".
Some people always want it cheap. They have the cheapest wireless router from the next wallmart. Better 20 dollars less then paying for something right once ...

There is really great working wireless equipment out there, that can do the job, but most people "save" their money at the wrong point. Ever tried to ride a german Porsche on such a road: http://static.twoday.net/landylandwegdie...trasse.jpg ?
  • 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7