• 170(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
[/quote]

Both 24 and 25 work fine for me booting from USB sticks and Blu-Ray player.
And I suspect most other people too who use OpenElec from stick.
So it's your problem.
[/quote]

Please do some reading, before posting such nonsense. It's a common problem with USB 3.0 Sticks, and really, I don't care if YOU have that problem or not. Just read through the Intel Communities and you will find a lot of people, who are annoyed by this issue.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2014-03-15, 19:33)micoba Wrote: Both 24 and 25 work fine for me booting from USB sticks and Blu-Ray player.
And I suspect most other people too who use OpenElec from stick.
So it's your problem.

Please do some reading, before posting such nonsense. It's a common problem with USB 3.0 Sticks, and really, I don't care if YOU have that problem or not. Just read through the Intel Communities and you will find a lot of people, who are annoyed by this issue.

It's not my fault you start yelling about faults without addressing what is wrong?
All you say is you can't boot from USB. Not a specific version of the USB implementation.

Right now, I do not care what YOUR problem is anymore.

Edit: fixed the quoting
Can you guys learn to quote properly please?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If the quote button would do as expected I might Smile
People who follow this thread know what I was talking about. By the way, the link I posted was not just for fun.

Why do you even bother to answer, if your post implies only that you don't believe it's a REAL issue. Like that is helpful... At least by now you should know what I was talking about, and no, I don't HAVE to spell it out for everyone, like I don't expect 99,99% of the people to answer me.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
I am not aware of any NUCs booting from USB3 if that is what you are trying to do. It's i believe a known limitation which is why most pony up for an mSATA drive instead.
(2014-03-16, 17:35)voip-ninja Wrote: I am not aware of any NUCs booting from USB3 if that is what you are trying to do. It's i believe a known limitation which is why most pony up for an mSATA drive instead.

Thanks for your reply.

But is that not something Intel has to change? Why shouldn't it be able to boot from USB 3.0? I mean it works occassionaly for me, but not always, and that's what I'm complaining about.
(2014-03-16, 17:35)voip-ninja Wrote: I am not aware of any NUCs booting from USB3 if that is what you are trying to do. It's i believe a known limitation which is why most pony up for an mSATA drive instead.

My i3 has been booting on an openeElec Sandisk Extreme 3.0 16gb stick from day one...
(2014-03-16, 18:13)micoba Wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

But is that not something Intel has to change? Why shouldn't it be able to boot from USB 3.0? I mean it works occassionaly for me, but not always, and that's what I'm complaining about.

It should work yes and it might work with specific devices and BIOS options, however I do remember a lot of people complaining about this same thing on the previous generation NuC.
(2014-03-16, 18:58)baltik Wrote:

My i3 has been booting on an openeElec Sandisk Extreme 3.0 16gb stick from day one...

+1 including from 3.0 port

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-03-16, 18:58)baltik Wrote:

And you don't have any problems booting, or is your NUC always on?
My NUC (Haswell i5) booted from a Lexar 8GB USB 3.0 stick for the original OpenElec Gotham Beta 1 (and now Beta 2) installstick boot. It's also booted from the same type of stick to for an Ubuntu 13.10 Live trial. I've switched to Lexar USB 3.0 sticks for most of my stuff - even with USB 2.0 ports they are definitely faster, and appear to be pretty reliable.
I tried 4 (!!!) different USB 3.0 Sticks and a USB 3.0 Card reader as a boot drive, with all I have problems booting...
You can try with one of the brands that have been reported as working in this thread.
Hi guys so basically I have a choice between the Intel DN2820FYKH0 (Celeron N2820) or Intel DC3217BY (i3 3217U) not sure which is faster, as they are the same price from different shops. Although if the celeron is almost as good for 10 bucks more I can get ram with it in a bundle deal. Just want to play 1080p movies like mp4, mkv and avi nothing crazy watch shows at 720 and watch the odd youtube video.

Just wanting to know, trying to find a comparison in this post ... so many pages.

Thanks.
  • 170(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7