• 179(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Curious - which openelec build are people you all using? I grabbed the latest stable for a nuc and can't get past the installation screen without it bootlooping. Any suggestions?
(2014-03-31, 13:50)bry- Wrote: Curious - which openelec build are people you all using? I grabbed the latest stable for a nuc and can't get past the installation screen without it bootlooping. Any suggestions?
"For a NUC" you mean intel build? Try Generic.
Im currently on Openelec 4.0 B3, works flawless.
(2014-03-31, 16:37)Peppin Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 13:50)bry- Wrote: Curious - which openelec build are people you all using? I grabbed the latest stable for a nuc and can't get past the installation screen without it bootlooping. Any suggestions?
"For a NUC" you mean intel build? Try Generic.
Im currently on Openelec 4.0 B3, works flawless.

@Peppin - thanks for the quick reply. You have a direct link to 4.0 b3? can't seem to locate it.
Openelec.tv
Get OpenElec
Download
Generic Builds
OpenELEC Beta - Generic x86_64 v.3.95.3 -> http://openelec.tv/get-openelec/download...ric-x86-64
| myHTPC |
(2014-03-31, 17:29)-DDD- Wrote: Openelec.tv
Get OpenElec
Download
Generic Builds
OpenELEC Beta - Generic x86_64 v.3.95.3 -> http://openelec.tv/get-openelec/download...ric-x86-64

generic builds - thats where I missed a step! Thank you
(2014-03-27, 20:11)Plany Wrote: i use a no-name notebook power supply with 19V - 65W with a 5.5 mm/OD (outer diameter) and 2.5 mm/ID (inner diameter) plug.

see the tech specs for more infos http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23089/en...Spec03.pdf

for the chassis, I love the Abel series from http://www.tranquilpcshop.co.uk/nuc-chassis/
for other fan-less solutions look at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187966

Any harm in using a 90w power supply? I assume the NUC will regulate the power it draws and not rely on what the brick can supply at max draw, correct?
(2014-03-31, 19:24)seedubxj Wrote: Any harm in using a 90w power supply? I assume the NUC will regulate the power it draws and not rely on what the brick can supply at max draw, correct?
If the voltages match, you can use a 900W power supply if you want. At a given voltage, the wattage is just an indication of the max current capability of the power supply. The power supply only delivers the current that is requested by the HW, not the max current.

It's more important to match the voltages to the HW requirements and just be somewhere above the maximum wattage required by the HW.
Intel i3 Haswell NUC D34010WYK / Yamaha RX-V673 receiver / Panasonic VT-50 plasma TV
http://www.frys.com/product/6444502?site...IN_RSLT_PG

So this would work, right? Assuming the right tip is included with the kit.
I purchased a Haswell Nuc (D34010WYK) and played around with it all weekend. However I can't help but notice that the sound pops every once and a while when navigating xbmc menus or starting/ending a video. I haven't noticed it while watching. Has anyone else noticed this and/or know how to fix it? I am using HDMI and have tried both openelec 3.2.4 and 3.95.3 (Gotham). I am also running the latest bios.

Thanks!
Latest is not a version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-01, 03:32)nickr Wrote: Latest is not a version.

Very true. Currently running bios version 0025.
(2014-04-01, 02:24)snapsnail Wrote: I purchased a Haswell Nuc (D34010WYK) and played around with it all weekend. However I can't help but notice that the sound pops every once and a while when navigating xbmc menus or starting/ending a video.

Same NUC, same pops (esp. when changing video resolution or when the NUC has been idle for a while and then starting to navigate the menus). No solution, sorry.
Hi
Today I got my i5 Haswell in a fanless case, installed the latest OpenElec nightly via OSX terminal to a usb 2 stick and hey presto- a very quick install!
I am planning on running the video out of the HDMI out straight to my tv (which reads 3d signals) and the audio out of the mini display port to my a/v amp (unfortunately I ordered a displayport to HDMI adaptor rather than mini displayport, so I can't fully test the audio today)
I ran some of the commands I've seen here :
cd /storage/.config
touch autostart.sh
chmod 0777 autostart.sh
nano autostart.sh

as well as :
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

and they were accepted fine.

What I am noticing though is after doing the video calibration and alligning the blue arrows, in the XBMC menu the display is fine, but when I watch a movie the screen is zoomed in too much..Any help getting that right would be appreciated!

I'll u/l the log when I get home later.
Resolution is 1920x1080p at 60 hz

Thanks
Did any of you guys connect a harddrive/ssd to the on-board sata-connector?
If so, how..? The bottom of the chassis is pretty close to the connector, I was wondering if I maybe could use spacers from tower-chassies to space down the bottom to make room for an angled connector..
So I have a remote problem.

I have the D54250WYK and have updated the bios to the 3/3/14 one and ensured that within the bios the CIR is enabled.

I am trying Ubuntu 13.10 and have installed LIRC. I have even run this in the console as root:

#!/bin/sh
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > "/sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530:00/physical_node/resources"
modprobe nuvoton-cir

I know some people have reported that after running that they can run the lsw command in the console and then see the remote pushes, I however cannot.

Any suggestions on what I could be missing?
  • 179(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7