• 181(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Xrandr output :
Start
Code:
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
HDMI1 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 698mm x 392mm
   1920x1080     50.00 +  60.00    59.94    24.00    23.98*
   1920x1080i    60.00    50.00    59.94  
   1280x720      60.00    50.00    59.94  
   1440x576i     50.00  
   1440x480i     60.00    59.94  
   720x576       50.00  
   720x480       60.00    59.94  
   640x480       60.00    59.94  
DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) End
Changing the guisettings.xml file so that the pixel ratios are 1.000000 seems to have fixed the zoomed in movie problem.
Now I'm noticing a weird horizontal line near the top of the screen, it's hard to describe but is like a pixel or two of distortion / fuzziness...
(2014-04-01, 20:19)ikecomp Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 15:29)trsqr Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 02:24)snapsnail Wrote: I purchased a Haswell Nuc (D34010WYK) and played around with it all weekend. However I can't help but notice that the sound pops every once and a while when navigating xbmc menus or starting/ending a video.

Same NUC, same pops (esp. when changing video resolution or when the NUC has been idle for a while and then starting to navigate the menus). No solution, sorry.

I have the same nuc except the H version with the additional height for a 2.5" drive. At any rate, I experienced the same popping but it was the result of my HDMI switch. I didn't encounter this when connected directly to my tv. I also didn't encounter the problem when I switched it out with a new cheap switch.

I am not currently using a HDMI switch and am plugging it directly into my TV. However, I am using a HDMI-mini -> HDMI adapter. I wonder if changing that out might fix the problem. I'll give that a try and report back.
I have my NUC i3 for 3 months now and I absolutly love it. Works flawless, perfect 24p and so on.

I would like the same experience in my bedroom. However, another ~380 euro for a bedroom HTPC is overkill for me. Now I've seen that the DN2820FYKH Celeron NUC is also available in the Netherlands, at about half the price.

I wonder if any of you have experience with this box. How does it perform? Will it play the same content as flawless as my i3 does? (20GB BluRay rips max) Can it do the down mixing of DTS-HD? (I have no AVR in my bedroom)

Thanks guys!
(2014-04-02, 20:48)Peppin Wrote: I have my NUC i3 for 3 months now and I absolutly love it. Works flawless, perfect 24p and so on.

I would like the same experience in my bedroom. However, another ~380 euro for a bedroom HTPC is overkill for me. Now I've seen that the DN2820FYKH Celeron NUC is also available in the Netherlands, at about half the price.

I wonder if any of you have experience with this box. How does it perform? Will it play the same content as flawless as my i3 does? (20GB BluRay rips max) Can it do the down mixing of DTS-HD? (I have no AVR in my bedroom)

Thanks guys!

Hi Peppin, there's another (lengthy) forum thread for the DN2820FYKH here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187433

Have a browse of that and I'm sure you'll find your answers.

Cheers!
Hi
I've spent most of this afternoon reading pages on the OE forum about getting an Apple TV remote to work in OpenElec. It's definitely possible and it uses NEC protocol.
I created a keytable to map the controls from the apple remote and put it in /storage.config - as suggested by the post here :
http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...rk-with-oe

Then I added a line to my autostart.sh file

Everytime I reboot the i5 and enter
ir-keytable

via SSH, it shows
Start
Code:
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event9) with:
    Driver nuvoton-cir, table rc-rc6-mce
    Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY SANYO LIRC other
    Enabled protocols: RC-6
    Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms
End

When I enter
ir-keytable -p NEC, -w/storage/.config/apple
I get
Start
Code:
Read apple table
Wrote 7 keycode(s) to driver
Protocols changed to NEC
End

My autostart.sh file reads
Start
Code:
# RGB fix
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
echo "auto" > /sys/bus/acpi/devices/NTN0530\:00/physical_node/resources
modprobe nuvoton-cir

ir-keytable -p NEC,rc-6 -w/storage/.config/apple
End

Any help please or pretty please?
(2014-04-02, 21:21)Delver Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 20:48)Peppin Wrote: I have my NUC i3 for 3 months now and I absolutly love it. Works flawless, perfect 24p and so on.

Thanks guys!

Hi Peppin, there's another (lengthy) forum thread for the DN2820FYKH here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187433

Have a browse of that and I'm sure you'll find your answers.

Cheers!
Thanks for the tip! I asked here because I am particularly interested in people who own them both so they can compare. I thought I had the best chance on that in this topic...
(2014-04-03, 01:39)herbieUK Wrote: Hi
I've spent most of this afternoon reading pages on the OE forum about getting an Apple TV remote to work in OpenElec. It's definitely possible and it uses NEC protocol.
I created a keytable to map the controls from the apple remote and put it in /storage.config - as suggested by the post here :
http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...rk-with-oe

Then I added a line to my autostart.sh file

Everytime I reboot the i5 and enter
ir-keytable

via SSH, it shows
Start
Code:
End

When I enter
I get
Start
Code:
Read apple table
Wrote 7 keycode(s) to driver
Protocols changed to NEC
End

My autostart.sh file reads
Start
Code:
# RGB fix

# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
modprobe nuvoton-cir

ir-keytable -p NEC,rc-6 -w/storage/.config/apple
End

Any help please or pretty please?

Your ir-keytable line in autostart.sh is different to the line you said appears to work at the commandline. (The autostart adds rc-6)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oops..

I changed it
Start
Code:
# RGB fix

# IR fix
modprobe -r nuvoton-cir
modprobe nuvoton-cir

End

But on reboot and entering
ir-keytable

i still get

Start
Code:
End
I'm about to purchase the below for my NUC XBMC build, if someone could confirm Ive made the right choices before I buy I would be VERY grateful.

Intel D34010WYK3 Core i3 4010U 1.7GHz NUC Barebone

4GB 1600MHz DDR3L Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM 1.35V

Kingston SSDNow 60GB mSATA 6Gbps SSD

Xenta HDMI to Micro HDMI Cable - 2m
Arrrgh!
I've given up on the Apple remote for now, I have a logictech k400 which is working fine.
My main problem is to do with the distortion I'm getting at the top bit of the screen - during playback it seems like the top 1/8 of the picture isn't aligned with the rest of the picture, it shifts a few pixels to the right then to the left.

Here is my log :
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=165031

I've tried a refresh rate of 23.98 at 1920x1080p but found that the pixel aspect was completely wrong when watching a movie. AT 60hz with Adjust Refresh rate to Display checked, the pixel aspect is fine, but with both refresh rates I'm getting this pixel shifting.

I have read every page on this thread over the past 6 weeks whilst waiting for my i5 Nuc arrive and I'm really stuck now.

Of course it could be the nightly versions I've tried - I've only tried the last 4 or 5 but they all have the same issue for me with this weird pixel shifting at the top of the picture..

Not sure what else I can do now..I'm not going back to my Apple TV now I've seen how good these i5s are!

Anyone?

Thanks
(2014-04-03, 11:25)herbieUK Wrote: I've tried a refresh rate of 23.98 at 1920x1080p but found that the pixel aspect was completely wrong when watching a movie. AT 60hz with Adjust Refresh rate to Display checked, the pixel aspect is fine, but with both refresh rates I'm getting this pixel shifting.

I have read every page on this thread over the past 6 weeks whilst waiting for my i5 Nuc arrive and I'm really stuck now.

Have you checked the settings on your TV? Are you in 'Just Scan' aka 1:1 pixel-mapping mode?
It is set to "1080p Pure Direct" - On
and "16:9 Overscan" - Off
(2014-04-03, 09:27)Peppin Wrote: Thanks for the tip! I asked here because I am particularly interested in people who own them both so they can compare. I thought I had the best chance on that in this topic...

Probably a good idea! Big Grin I've neither (but looking for an upgrade from my Revo R3600) so I'm not too sure myself but I'm sure someone will answer.
(2014-04-03, 11:10)marcus2704 Wrote: I'm about to purchase the below for my NUC XBMC build, if someone could confirm Ive made the right choices before I buy I would be VERY grateful.

Intel D34010WYK3 Core i3 4010U 1.7GHz NUC Barebone

4GB 1600MHz DDR3L Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM 1.35V

Kingston SSDNow 60GB mSATA 6Gbps SSD

Xenta HDMI to Micro HDMI Cable - 2m
Should work! Although it is unclear which memory we're talking about here...
  • 181(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7