Edit home page shortcuts
Afternoon folks

Sure this has been asked a dozen times but a search showed nothing specific to the question, just how to use favourites.

Basically I'm using Amber skin, but would happily change to another if there's a simple way of doing it.

So my home screen is really basic, Movies, TV, Music, Settings and Quit.

I'd like to add another option called 3D that takes acts exactly like the movie shortcut but only to the UNC folder called 3D.

Is that possible?

I'm happy editing xml files if necessary, I just don't have the foggiest. I found a way of getting a thing on my home page called 3D but it does absolutely nothing.
You can create a smart playlist that only displays library contents from that particular file path. Next, create a favourite to that smart playlist. Finally, create a home menu item for that favourite.

(Moving thread to Amber skin subforum since this isn't a Windows question)
As artrafael posted.

You will notice several empty items for the main menu in skin settings. They are reserved to be populated with favourite items.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Now if we could easily add sub-menu items...
By the way, I never tried Amber before installing it today so I could reply to this thread, and I must say that the procedure to add custom main menu options is very intuitive. Nice skin, pecinko! I may have to try this out on my RPi.
(2013-10-29, 03:00)artrafael Wrote: By the way, I never tried Amber before installing it today so I could reply to this thread, and I must say that the procedure to add custom main menu options is very intuitive. Nice skin, pecinko! I may have to try this out on my RPi.

Glad to hear. Looks like we both care when doing our "job".
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi gents,

Thanks for your responses;

It took a little trial and error but got it working like a charm.

Thanks again, so very grateful for yor assistance.

PS. Love Amber. So very fast and slick.
Tried amber last night on atv and raspberry pi. Runs Very Very good!

However, on the pi i am unable to click any of the "empty" when trying to Edit home menu. Norhing happens. Anyone know why?

Thanks!
(2013-11-02, 09:21)zigge83 Wrote: Tried amber last night on atv and raspberry pi. Runs Very Very good!

However, on the pi i am unable to click any of the "empty" when trying to Edit home menu. Norhing happens. Anyone know why?

Thanks!

My guess is you are missing script.favourites on your RPI.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Ok. Any idea how i fix it? Smile

Thanks!
(2013-11-02, 09:54)zigge83 Wrote: Ok. Any idea how i fix it? Smile

Thanks!

By installing from xbmc repo or using add from zip install or by manually installing script.favourites.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

First of all, amazing skin! Great work!

Second, I love the idea of having sub-menus.

For example I would love it this way,

Having "TV" in the menu, and sub-menus under
"TV" could be my SVT Play-add on, Viaplay-Add on.

Same with "MUSIC", would be amazing to have
"Library" and "Spotimc Add-on" as sub menus.

Is this possible?

Another question, is it possible to remove the
"built in sub-menu"?

Under VIDEOS I have things I would like to remove.
Example: Auto Library Update, Files, Search

Thanks in advance,

John
(2013-10-29, 00:01)artrafael Wrote: You can create a smart playlist that only displays library contents from that particular file path. Next, create a favourite to that smart playlist. Finally, create a home menu item for that favourite.

I'd like to add a custom button on home to reach NFS share directly. Is it possible?
I can't find any smart playlist filter allowing this.

Thank you.
What about if you use "path" as a filter?
Finally made it. Was a matter of Context menu and XMBC cache for xml files..
Thanks a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit home page shortcuts0