Edit home page shortcuts
(2013-10-29, 03:00)thewarm Wrote: Now if we could easily add sub-menu items...

is it possible to add custom sub menu items by editing the favourites.xml and if so how?
Hi All,

I'm very new to all of this but making some significant strides.

I've got my Rpi all set up and jumped in to the world of NAS which is exciting.

I have tried a lot of the different skins and I absolutely love Amber. There is only one thing that is frustrating me beyond belief:

How do I add custom links from the home screen?

I've tried following the directions and creating a Smart Playlist but I have no option to add it as a favorite in the context menu (which i think is the slide out menu on the left?)
I've got FAVOURITES enabled on the HOME MENU settings. Under the FAVOURITES menu I have an image that says "CAN NOT FIND FAVOURITES.XML"

Any help with this would appreciated

Thanks guys
How do i edit Home Meny- Empty ?

I want "Videos" that goes to Video, File

Exactly what should i put in (No action) ?
Browse to files, context menu, add to favourites. Click on empty and assign favourite you just added.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks !
(2014-04-14, 00:05)pecinko Wrote: Browse to files, context menu, add to favourites. Click on empty and assign favourite you just added.

Thanks for your great looking skin.I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.
1) How do I make custom submenu items and would it be possible for this feature to be added in a future release? I don't mind editing xml files if need be; I just don't know what changes to make.
2) I have my openelec box set to update on startup and I notice that updating my tv library takes much, much longer on amber vs confluence. Is there a reason for this and/or a way I can fix this?
3) Lastly, I don't know if the skins are different for different builds but I'm on the intel 3.2.4 openelec release and the scroll bar works but is not visible. I downloaded it through xbmc and not github.

Thanks again!
Edit Never mind I just discovered that you need to create favourites first

HI, Love the look and feel of this Skin.

I am unable to do customize my home menu? when i click on an Empty option. I get two options.
NONE (CLEAR CURRENT SETTINGS)
(NO ACTION)

When I click (NO ACTION) I can Enter Text to change menu Text but Im unable to Associate an Add ON to it.

Im on gotham 13.1?

any ideas?

Thanks
Hi All,

I have been using Amber skin for a long time now and I love it because it is customizable.

I have just installed the Renagade EPG program, I made sure that it worked fine before I put it in my Favorite and then I tried to put it on the main menu, it appears but it won't execute

Any suggestions why, I have other things in the main menu that are customized and work perfectly fine but not this one, weird.

Cheers
Siamak

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit home page shortcuts0