Eden on clean JB AppleTV 5.3?
Hi

been using XBMC on ATV2 for 15-18 months now. I was on the original ATV UI, OS 4.4. I also ran Eden with a mysql lib, Neon skin and Coverflow enabled. My lib has about 500 movies. I must say I was very pleased with this setup, though it did crash occasionally and I wasn't able to use new ATV features.

So... I just updated to AppleTV 5.3, JBd and installed Frodo. I'm really disappointed as I think the functionality has regressed compared to Eden. Maybe the apple bits are consuming more resources so there's less for XBMC to play with. I don't know. All I know is I've lost functionality and appearance

Tweaked everything per FAQ and forums over last couple of days:
- cleared all the ATV caches per the FAQ and wiped /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC. I copied advanced settings sources and passwords XML files back to the userdata sub dir.
- sources using smb not afp
- disabled "Extract thumbnails and video info"
- smaller thumbnail (384) and fan art (720) settings in advanced settings.xml
- ran default configs on the skins, but did disable sources I don't need (use movies and tv shows only)

With this setup and Confluence skin i have basic functionality running ok, and only an occasional crash when in the movies folder. I've also lost my coverflow which is a real bummer. I tried about 8 different skins with basically the same result but maybe slightly more frequent crashes.

What I really want is equivalent functionality to what i had with Eden. So how do I do that?
I can't find the Neon skin for Frodo, but as long as there's a coverflow alternative I can live with that. Can't find one though.

Questions:

- Is there a CoverFlow option on a Frodo skin somewhere for ATV2?

- Is it possible to install 11.X (Eden on a 5.3 ATV2?) I tried once but the XBMC icon did not appear.

Any/all help appreciated.
(2013-10-29, 03:17)bradnic Wrote: - Is it possible to install 11.X (Eden on a 5.3 ATV2?) I tried once but the XBMC icon did not appear.

found this xbmc forum thread about 11.0-0.3 being iOS 5.1 compatible.
this is the same version I tried to install before though. just tried again and same result - no XBMC app icon in the apple UI. tried both killall -9 AppleTV and a tethered reboot with the same result.
try with this link instead

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...os-arm.deb
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
that worked thanks!! now to clean up all the add-ons. bunch of stuff marked as 'broken in repository', and no menu came up when launched.

EDIT: moved the contents of the add ons directory elsewhere and restarted. confluence skin came up. went into settings and it still showed a different skin preference, so set that to confluence. no cover flow yet but I can figure that out.

thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden on clean JB AppleTV 5.3?0