• 5(current)
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin
(2014-01-09, 20:44)Unfledged Wrote: I'm declaring it genius.

Using
Code:
liz.setProperty( "node.visible", [visibility condition] )
is working perfectly. Means the script isn't having to run multiple times, and it's faster to boot. Just need to sort out the time taken to call the plugin in the first place, and I'm sorted Big Grin

Great! I suppose [visibility condition] is a string that should match valid conditions listed in skinning manual http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ing_Manual ?

I suppose you can buy yourself a second or two if you start it from StartUp.xml
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-01-09, 21:03)pecinko Wrote: Great! I suppose [visibility condition] is a string that should match valid conditions listed in skinning manual http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ing_Manual ?

Yup.
So, what is currently missing ? Artwork?
I plan to replace randomandlastitem script in Ace skin with this method...
PR for artwork / streamdetails -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4094
I've set a content for video addons, the list shows up fine but when i click on an item nothing happens.

<content>addons://sources/video/</content>

Usining today's nightly (24.02.2014)

Thanx
for addons you should load the list like this
Code:
<content target="programs">addons://sources/video</content>
(2014-02-24, 16:53)BigNoid Wrote: for addons you should load the list like this
Code:
<content target="programs">addons://sources/video</content>

Thanx mate, working fine Smile
For video addons the target content should be "video", otherwise the addon opens in the programs window.
(2014-02-24, 19:07)BigNoid Wrote: For video addons the target content should be "video", otherwise the addon opens in the programs window.

Yep ofcourse Wink

Question:
Anyone knows if it's possible to fetch data from tvshow next aired script and show them as widgets on home ?

Thanx
Something else i've noticed,

the list for actors or years seems not to be sorted alphabetic or numeric, if i fill the list with:

Example:

<content target="video">videodb://tvshows/years/</content>

i get some sorting like this:

2001 ; 2011 ; 2003 ; 2012 ; 2013 ; 2008 ... etc.

Could we be able in some way to add a sort method parameter, or is this just a bug and have to be fixed Smile

Thanx
Just starting to look into this, I noticed that it even allows listing smart playlists. Freaking amazing.

Thanks to everyone involved!
So I'd like to retrieve the in progress tv shows and show a label showing the season and episode number. When I use a smart playlist for this:

Code:
<content target="video">special://skin/playlists/tv shows in progress.xsp</content>

the season number doesn't seem to be retrieved.

I would use the library node instead, but how would I go about this if it's even possible? The folderpath is something like

Code:
videodb://tvshows/titles/?xsp=%7b22rules%22.....

So it looks like that is basically a smart playlist too. Is there some short hand for this? Something like videodb://inprogresstvshows ?

Since season is not selectable as a rule in smart playlists I'm assuming the above isn't possible but I thought I'd ask
library://video/inprogressshows.xml? No idea if it'll work.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this functionalily and so far have understood nothing Big Grin
That does work with regards to retrieving the content Cool Thanks! Didn't even think about using that even though I already use it in my home menu... Rolleyes

It does not retrieve the season though, so I guess that just isn't possible. I can use service.library.data.provider for it, but whenever I can avoid having to use externals I'd like too.

(2014-03-07, 12:47)SpaceMonkey Wrote: library://video/inprogressshows.xml? No idea if it'll work.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this functionalily and so far have understood nothing Big Grin

It's really useful functionality. Just don't dive straight into skin.shortcuts like I did, then it's just too much at once Wink

Short version example usage of this functionality:

PHP Code:
<control type="list">
    <
itemlayout>
    <
focusedlayout>
    <
content target="video">videodb://recentlyaddedepisodes</content>
</control

Will allow you to directly retrieve the recently added episodes on the homescreen for example. This will save you a ridiculous amount of code compared to using the skin.widgets addon for this purpose.
(2014-03-07, 11:52)Jeroen Wrote: So I'd like to retrieve the in progress tv shows and show a label showing the season and episode number. When I use a smart playlist for this:

Code:
<content target="video">special://skin/playlists/tv shows in progress.xsp</content>

the season number doesn't seem to be retrieved.

I would use the library node instead, but how would I go about this if it's even possible? The folderpath is something like

Code:
videodb://tvshows/titles/?xsp=%7b22rules%22.....

So it looks like that is basically a smart playlist too. Is there some short hand for this? Something like videodb://inprogresstvshows ?

Since season is not selectable as a rule in smart playlists I'm assuming the above isn't possible but I thought I'd ask

You mean ongoing tv shows? Watch the next unwatched episode ? Then you'll need big noid's script:

service.library.data.provider

<content>plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedepisodes)]</content>
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin1