Javelin's Automated XBMC House - Updated 5/17/2014 - Front Lounge Preview
Brick 
watch gallery

Been going at my XBMC/Kodi Rooms for over 4 years now nearly..

Movies - 676 Watched - 365

TV Shows - 129 Episodes 6229

The little beast that run's 24/7 in my Cinema Room now hooked up to 24 port Switch under house.

N40L with Bios mod
2x3TB WD Red's
320GB WD, old for testing new OS's

6450 ATI 1GB Graphics Card
USB 3.0 Card
120GB SSD

Running
Deluge after a switch from u torrent much better reliability now, Sonnar a switch from Sickbeard much better as well, Couch Potato's I've stuck with.

Nvidia Shield Tv

Sony Android Tv 50inch for Smaller Lounge

Both fantastic units that run Netflix properly and many other Handy apps like IP Cam's and various internet content.
I really believe the android platform has alot to offer in sync with Kodi, true all in one device.

K400r Logitech Keyboard (One of the best keyboards hands down)
360 Wireless Controller
Raspmc Retired
OSMC Retired
Ouya Retired

HP Pro Slate 21 Tablet with Ethernet in Kitchen ajcent to Living room for controlling lighting door locks IP cameras and Kodi ofcourse. Running Imperihome 24/7 which changes pages on trigger of Logitech harmony remote to the "Living Room Page" with Lighting, Nest, Kodi Webinterface page and others.

Yamaha 675 Receiver - 7.2 Has second zone with outdoor speakers used for backyard patio behind projector. Upgrading to a 2015 reciver soon for Music Cast support and Dolby Atmos very excited to test one of these out especially for the Multi-zone Audio support with android app.

Currently Projector in Living room is triggered Via the Tablet in kitchen by running a Vera Lite scene that triggers the Harmony remote to turn on Epson, Receiver and Nvidia Shield Tv. Quick and very reliable.
Looking nice. I'm working towards an Epson 6030UB + 100" screen setup as well. Plan to pull the trigger after Xmas.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
After watching a few movies now I'm falling in love with the definition and picture quality of the projector. Be hard to watch without. Very immersive. Update soon done some framing and painting this weekend.
What OS's are you running on server and htpc's?
Windows server 2012. Works well but have not been able to compare to windows 8. May try 8.1 soon.
Primed the MDF and done first coat of painting for the window cover.

Also picked up the Yamaha YHT 599AU package not much of a audiophile but I'm happy =)

Going to try and replicate this theater room I found online. Nice blacks on Front, Rear and Ceiling without making the room feel to cramped and dark during day.

nice
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Wow! Very cool
Update.

Front wall, Ceiling and Rear wall flat blacked.
Screen Mounted.

Just a paint touch up with the Sidewalls, then speakers and decor to make the room inviting.

Thinking a few posters, beanbags/cushions, N64 and Snes. Cool

Javlin very nice setup!

Makes me want to chronicle my setup too.Smile I have a front screen projector setup too with various other client configuration throughout my house. Here is a suggestion, you might want to add a couple of light boxes, they can be had for cheap on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Movie-Poster-Lig...5d46a98923

I also wired mine to a wireless Kinetic programmable switch.
http://www.enocean-alliance.org/en/produ...ht-switch/
http://www.enocean-alliance.org/en/produ...-receiver/

I have a dilemma that you could probably help me with. I am trying to setup a .strm to view my Blue Iris feed in XBMC. How were you able to capture the video? I think it is the elusive mpeg as the feed is usually retrieve with jpegpull or jpegpush in the url. I had a similar problem when I was running Windows Media Center but I was able to just make a "MCL" app to call up the webpage feed. This is not so easy in XBMC. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Link to my setup...

Que's Setup
ATM only jpeg snapshot's can be pulled for picture in picture. For doorbells etc, mine atm (untill I get my doorbell switch wired) is running on motion detection in blue iris which just wget to send trigger to xbmc via Vera Lite.

All info can be found it here Id recommend using the plugin towards the end of the thread as there is options to edit it in xbmc. Change size of window or delay etc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1587132

Otherwise a simple cam rtsp stream should give live streaming, can be found with a search on these forums.

Nice posters and signs I hope to get to that level one day. I picked up a signed Lord of the Rings poster off a mate at work, with the whole cast autographs be happy when painting is done so I can hang it.
Have been looking at those light boxes but only available in the states not in Australia very expensive to ship out =S one day perhaps.

Been busy installing new thick skirting and architrave's around room and add 2 10w LED down lights with chrome ring and light defuses all synced with Vera, so at the low dim level I require they barely draw 7 watts to light the room. Very happy with them.

Will update with new pictures when finished.
Thanks I will check it out when I get home. I already have individual streams via mms protocol and .strm files. Will the rtsp protocol offer and additional benefits?
(2014-01-06, 12:59)Javlin Wrote: ATM only jpeg snapshot's can be pulled for picture in picture. For doorbells etc, mine atm (untill I get my doorbell switch wired) is running on motion detection in blue iris which just wget to send trigger to xbmc via Vera Lite.

All info can be found it here Id recommend using the plugin towards the end of the thread as there is options to edit it in xbmc. Change size of window or delay etc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1587132

Otherwise a simple cam rtsp stream should give live streaming, can be found with a search on these forums.

Nice posters and signs I hope to get to that level one day. I picked up a signed Lord of the Rings poster off a mate at work, with the whole cast autographs be happy when painting is done so I can hang it.
Have been looking at those light boxes but only available in the states not in Australia very expensive to ship out =S one day perhaps.

Been busy installing new thick skirting and architrave's around room and add 2 10w LED down lights with chrome ring and light defuses all synced with Vera, so at the low dim level I require they barely draw 7 watts to light the room. Very happy with them.

Will update with new pictures when finished.

Btw, I can't wait to see pictures of this.
QueK9 please start a new thread with your setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Javelin's Automated XBMC House - Updated 5/17/2014 - Front Lounge Preview0