• 13(current)
New Harmony Smart Control Remote
Neweggflash.com has a sale on a refurb harmony for $70, I think I might get one.
there is a new firmware update out for the smart control and other hub based devices. the biggest new feature (for me) is that you can now add other bluetooth devices. i was easily able to connect my hub to OE 3.2.4 (gotham crashes my computer constantly for some reason). woot! i haven't played around with it too much but it's definitely faster than using my flirc.

(2014-06-11, 18:26)furii Wrote: there is a new firmware update out for the smart control and other hub based devices. the biggest new feature (for me) is that you can now add other bluetooth devices. i was easily able to connect my hub to OE 3.2.4 (gotham crashes my computer constantly for some reason). woot! i haven't played around with it too much but it's definitely faster than using my flirc.

What steps did you take to get that working?
updated my ios app to 3.3. settings > devices > add a computer > other (there are also options for windows and osx) > created a new activity. started up the new activity which started the pairing process. opened the openelec configuration addon, selected harmony keyboard, trust and connect. after that i went back to the settings in the ios app, enable text entry, selected the computer and that was that. the next step is to customize things. the play button seems to be mapped to p but the pause button isn't or is mapped to something else. the direction buttons, ok, back, exit, ff, rew, stop all seem to work off the bat though.
Thanks might have a go at that and see how it works out
my guess is it works with any bluetooth adapter but i'm using an asus USB-BT211 for anyone curious.
awesome.

i have Flirc but i'm definitely going to try this as well.
Looking forward testing this on android box.
Thanks

Well, it connected fine to Minix X5, but I can't figure out how to map keyboard keys.
It looks like MCE remote keys only Sad
Any ideas?

Thanks
damn...no idea what the problem is but i can't get this bastard to connect. i get a bluetooth error everytime in OpenElec when trying to connect.
ahh...from googling i have the Intel 3160 bluetooth that is internal in my Nuc.

i need to update the firmware for this. can anyone tell me how i go about updating the firmware when i'm runnning openelec? i have no idea.

appreciate any help
Has anyone tried this with Chromebox running OpenElec. I was going to get a IR receiver to work with my harmony but if this works over BT then I can skip that.
(2014-06-12, 07:28)MrCrispy Wrote: Has anyone tried this with Chromebox running OpenElec. I was going to get a IR receiver to work with my harmony but if this works over BT then I can skip that.

there is no reason it shouldn't work if your chromebox has BT and you can get it connected.
(2014-06-11, 22:14)lifeisfun Wrote: Looking forward testing this on android box.
Thanks

Well, it connected fine to Minix X5, but I can't figure out how to map keyboard keys.
It looks like MCE remote keys only Sad
Any ideas?

Thanks

That's what I found when I had a quick try last night. Got it paired with my NUC ok, but only some of the buttons work.

As you say, they only ones available seem to be MCE keys, but then some of them don't seem to get any response from XBMC.
Thanks for the confirmation, it is unfortunate Sad
It would be great for controlling my android boxes since flirc isn't working that great,
Can't get rid of double clicks on android 4.2.2 (kitkat is fine but bt would be better)

Posted question on Harmony forums but no response
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hu...ight/false
I've also chipped in with a comment on your thread over there.

Can't imagine why they didn't add all keys as assignable in the first place!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Harmony Smart Control Remote1