Database not persistant when share not detected
Hi, just wanted to report a possible bug / cross platform / network issue. Hopefully hasn't been reported to many times already.
I am running XBMC on Openelec 3.2.3, I have the media directories shared through Samba, I have found, with all version of Ember I have tried including 1.3.0.17, that when my laptop is restarted Ember does not re detect the shares as being connected even know Windows does. Ember will re detect it if you go through the add source process each time but only as long as you add a new folder ( the folder doesn't have to be on the share, can also be locally ), edit source will not detect the shares. Not a major issue in itself but Ember will proceed to clean the database of all information relating to those shares as if the folders have been removed from the source list and you have said yes to "removing all related information", although the shares are still visible in the source list. This then requires the addition on a new source folder from the share upon which Ember will do a full re add of all folders still in the source list.
The only work around I have found for this is to add every TV series source folder individually and never do a " Update Library" but instead update the single folder only so that if the TV show is lost due to the share not being detected only that one series needs to be re added.

So to cut a long story short:
1. Ember does not detect local or shared directories on start up.
2. Ember will automatically clean / wipe it's database of all information relating to the undetected folders / shares upon "Update Library".

Aside from this and when the database sites change their API's, I have never had any issues with Ember and it is by far the best scaping software out there.
Thank you for your hard work and keeping the project alive. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database not persistant when share not detected0