Changing wifi access
Hi
Had my nano linux box working with wifi for a while. Took it to my girlfriends and I want to connect it to her wifi, however, there isnt the option now in settings wifi etc
How do I reset it or allow me to connect?
Thanks
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Networking is handled by your device's operating system, not by XBMC, which is just an application.
(2013-11-08, 06:44)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Networking is handled by your device's operating system, not by XBMC, which is just an application.

Hi
when I connected it to my tv, I went into settings and then wifi using the remote to enter the password etc.into xbmc.
Your saying that I have to connect the box to my pc to reset the info? Do I delete it?
Where abouts is it?.. Is there a way of doing a total reset?
Any help on me finding a solution appreciated.
I have a windows pc with win 7 - will I need a driver etc to access it?
Thanks
(2013-11-08, 08:58)Notebook64 Wrote: when I connected it to my tv, I went into settings and then wifi using the remote to enter the password etc.into xbmc.

What settings are you referring to? XBMC doesn't have anything natively to set your WiFi network or to enter the network password. When I say "operating system", I'm referring to the one on which your device runs, which from your initial post, is some Linux distro? How did you setup your home WiFi network credentials on that device initially? Just do the same on your girlfriend's network.
Hi
The box is a standalone cyclone nano box. I understand that this has been flashed with linux as I believe they are an android box.
This then I guess has XBMC loaded onto it.

The box does not connect to a computer. when I got it I just connected it to my tv via hdmi and turned it on. I went to settings and then wifi and it searched for my network. Having found it, I entered the password etc and that was that. Now the wifi screen is there, but nowhere to get it to search.

Hope that helps
(2013-11-08, 15:56)Notebook64 Wrote: when I got it I just connected it to my tv via hdmi and turned it on. I went to settings and then wifi and it searched for my network. Having found it, I entered the password etc and that was that. Now the wifi screen is there, but nowhere to get it to search.

That's not a function of XBMC. You should talk to the manufacturer/vendor about support for their network setup tool on that box.
This any help http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130816
Can someone provide a Network Manager Add-on for Android FRODO. I will fund it immediately if I could find interested parties. But for month I have been asking, to no avail...
Ffs it is the job of android, not xbmc, to make networking function.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing wifi access0