TV Logos?
I searched the wiki but could not find anything on TV logos. I did find one post that said to name the logos like your channels but the post also seemed to suggest this is for NextPVR. So how do you name the TV logos in xbmc?

I know how to set the directory, I just need to know how to name my logos. This is what one of my channels looks like.

I was able to set these one at a time via channel manager but is there an easier way?
I'm not where I can check it right now, but there's an XBMC setting to point to a folder containing logos. Oh, here we go: Settings/Live TV. Go down to Menu / OSD. Just name your files so that they match the channel names on your backend, which should be the same as what is displayed in your channel list in XBMC.

I just did this two days ago and it worked great.
Jarvis + Mediaportal, Phenomenal skin
I already knew about the directory setting, thanks. if it must match the back end then their is s problem with that because I can't use the slash in a filename.
Sorry, I shouldn't post when I'm tired as I missed that completely last night. Unfortunately, with that channel name pattern, I think you're stuck with the channel manager method unless you change the channel naming to remove the slash. (That's assuming that the dot in the subchannel doesn't also pose a problem.)

I ended up renaming all my channels on the backend (Argus in my case) to their "friendly names" because I'm not great with callsigns, especially since some of my locals have tons of subchannels. Argus makes it pretty easy to edit them, then I just reset the PVR database and XBMC gets sorted out again. Depending on what is available for editing in your backend, it may end up being faster to just use the channel manager to set the logos. Sad
(2013-11-09, 18:12)CWNashvegas Wrote: Sorry, I shouldn't post when I'm tired as I missed that completely last night. Unfortunately, with that channel name pattern, I think you're stuck with the channel manager method unless you change the channel naming to remove the slash. (That's assuming that the dot in the subchannel doesn't also pose a problem.)

I ended up renaming all my channels on the backend (Argus in my case) to their "friendly names" because I'm not great with callsigns, especially since some of my locals have tons of subchannels. Argus makes it pretty easy to edit them, then I just reset the PVR database and XBMC gets sorted out again. Depending on what is available for editing in your backend, it may end up being faster to just use the channel manager to set the logos. Sad

The bad news is that I am OTA so don't have a heck of a lot of channels. The good news it I don't have a lot of channels to set. Smile

Strange I set some channels yesterday, now they are not set. Before I change them all, I better make sure this works.
Heh, yeah I'm OTA too. I think I get 44 channels, but by the time I get rid of the ones I don't watch (church channels, shopping channels, languages I don't speak and kids stuff - but not qubo, I love qubo) I have 24. But I still spent a good two hours on my channel names and logos because I'm sooo fussy about things and had to have them just right.

Saw your other thread. Sad Hope you get it sorted out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Logos?0