• 88(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2017-06-07, 16:52)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-06-07, 14:31)audioce0 Wrote: I have sort of an odd question, but is it possible to clone the Kodi install with GDrive set up on it and put it on another device. If so, would the connected GDrive account work on the 2nd device without any configuring?

Yes, copy the settings.xml file in the userdata\addons\plugins.video.gdrive\ folder between instances. The refresh token will allow multiple devices to have different authorization tokens so you won't have any conflicts neither.

Hell yea, that's awesome! It will make what I am doing a lot easier! Can't wait to try it out.
This is how I mount my remote folders

echo Mount google drive using plexdrive in a screen
screen -S plexdrive.mount -d -m /usr/sbin/plexdrive \
--gid 100 \
--uid 99 \
--fuse-options=\
allow_other\
,read_only\
\
--verbosity=3 \
/mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/gdrive/

This is how I decrypt using encfs

mount --bind /mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/gdrive/encfs /mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/.remote

echo password | ENCFS6_CONFIG='/mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/encfs/.encfs6.xml' encfs \
-S -o ro -o allow_other -o uid=99 -o gid=100 \
/mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/.remote/ \
/mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/remote/

So, how do I use this plugin encfs settings? Where do I put .encfs6.xml file? Can I use encfs on windows? My media center is on Windows while my nfs is on linux. Any step by step guide?

The reason Im looking into this plugin is because plexdrive and rclone are extremely slow and useless. My network is saturated if I download the file from browser but not if I use plexdrive or rclone.

EDIT

I finally managed to use the encfs features. But like all other google drive mounts(plexdrive, rclone) none of them suitable for movie playback. Downloading gdrive file from web browser is faster than downloading from mounts. It is as if google purposely throttle the speed.
(2017-06-21, 08:27)publicENEMY Wrote: This is how I mount my remote folders

echo Mount google drive using plexdrive in a screen
screen -S plexdrive.mount -d -m /usr/sbin/plexdrive \
--gid 100 \
--uid 99 \
--fuse-options=\
allow_other\
,read_only\
\
--verbosity=3 \
/mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/gdrive/

This is how I decrypt using encfs

mount --bind /mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/gdrive/encfs /mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/.remote

echo password | ENCFS6_CONFIG='/mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/encfs/.encfs6.xml' encfs \
-S -o ro -o allow_other -o uid=99 -o gid=100 \
/mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/.remote/ \
/mnt/user/Cloud/gdrive/remote/

So, how do I use this plugin encfs settings? Where do I put .encfs6.xml file? Can I use encfs on windows? My media center is on Windows while my nfs is on linux. Any step by step guide?

The reason Im looking into this plugin is because plexdrive and rclone are extremely slow and useless. My network is saturated if I download the file from browser but not if I use plexdrive or rclone.

EDIT

I finally managed to use the encfs features. But like all other google drive mounts(plexdrive, rclone) none of them suitable for movie playback. Downloading gdrive file from web browser is faster than downloading from mounts. It is as if google purposely throttle the speed.

There are two methods to download the file. I could create a toggle to see if you have better performance with the second method. Since most have better performance with the first method, this is the default.
I have all my content in one named folder . Its hidden in the folder named show all shared files and folders . How do I get it to show outside this folder? In the past I did not have this issue.
(2017-06-25, 01:59)keithcq71 Wrote: I have all my content in one named folder . Its hidden in the folder named show all shared files and folders . How do I get it to show outside this folder? In the past I did not have this issue.

When you log into google drive website, where does the data show up? My Drive/?
Hey dmd,

Contemplating encrypting my data from here on out. Just a few noob questions to impact my decision.

Is it possible to decrypt encrypted videos and stream them without having to download them via your addon?

Also, can a strm file that links to an encrypted video be playable via your addon?

Cheers
(2017-06-25, 15:58)SEIKT Wrote: Hey dmd,

Contemplating encrypting my data from here on out. Just a few noob questions to impact my decision.

Is it possible to decrypt encrypted videos and stream them without having to download them via your addon?

Also, can a strm file that links to an encrypted video be playable via your addon?

Cheers

encfs has been supported for a long time, but you need to install support for it on your device as it doesn't come bundled which is fine for Linux, Mac and OSMC, OpenELEC etc (you need to still install the module), not so much fun for iOS, Android, Windows. Also, because of the design of the algorithm, only works if you use an encryption standard that doesn't use block chaining. Plus, due to the design, you need to have space locally to decrypt the file, even though you are not storing it. It needs to pass through the filesystem to decrypt. It also has stability and performance issues and personally I'm not using it and nor will I. I've tested it using various sample encrypted files and I've caused my Raspberry Pi to reboot itself a few times due to stability with decrypting over encfs. Hence the following.

I've been testing Crypto support for the past two months (starting at 0.8.37) that allows users to roll their own encryption (if they know how), or use the sample I provide. It is streamable, doesn't rely on filesystems, etc. It does require a Python that support Crypto or PyCrypto. This is not an issue for Linux, Mac, Windows, OSMC, OpenELEC out-of-box. Not certain about iOS or Android (I think there is support as Crypto is fairly standard). You do need to encrypt and decrypt using routines provided in the code. There is a encrypt.py and encryptFolder.py. Both of which needs some instructions and videos to explain how they work. Also, the files are only visible in decrypted form in the plugin or if you decrypt using decryptFolder.py. I'm also going to make a python standalone version that will allow users to access their encrypted media using their web browser accessing a Python script (you can decrypt or stream).

right now videos/music are working well in Crypto encrypted mode (streaming, fast forward, resume, rewind). I haven't yet looked at photos, and i haven't included encrypted SRT.
Thanks for the detailed response

(2017-06-26, 03:43)dmdsoftware Wrote: encfs has been supported for a long time, but you need to install support for it on your device as it doesn't come bundled which is fine for Linux, Mac and OSMC, OpenELEC etc (you need to still install the module), not so much fun for iOS, Android, Windows. Also, because of the design of the algorithm, only works if you use an encryption standard that doesn't use block chaining. Plus, due to the design, you need to have space locally to decrypt the file, even though you are not storing it. It needs to pass through the filesystem to decrypt. It also has stability and performance issues and personally I'm not using it and nor will I. I've tested it using various sample encrypted files and I've caused my Raspberry Pi to reboot itself a few times due to stability with decrypting over encfs. Hence the following.

Based on this description, this rules encfs out as an option as I'm running LibreELEC on a S905X box and am prohibited from installing modules. The only option I found was mounting Rclone but its not supported by your addon and has two big disadvantages when used on its own. 1. Streaming decypted videos directly from the mount is sluggish compared to streaming via your addon - lots of buffering. 2. The process of scanning movies to be added to my library is much slower compared to strm files. Takes at least 5 minutes for one video to be scanned into my Kodi library.

The nature of the design is a deal breaker too, my average video is around 20GB and my box only has 8GB storage, so requiring the space of the video to be available isn't feasible.

(2017-06-26, 03:43)dmdsoftware Wrote: I've been testing Crypto support for the past two months (starting at 0.8.37) that allows users to roll their own encryption (if they know how), or use the sample I provide. It is streamable, doesn't rely on filesystems, etc. It does require a Python that support Crypto or PyCrypto. This is not an issue for Linux, Mac, Windows, OSMC, OpenELEC out-of-box. Not certain about iOS or Android (I think there is support as Crypto is fairly standard). You do need to encrypt and decrypt using routines provided in the code. There is a encrypt.py and encryptFolder.py. Both of which needs some instructions and videos to explain how they work. Also, the files are only visible in decrypted form in the plugin or if you decrypt using decryptFolder.py. I'm also going to make a python standalone version that will allow users to access their encrypted media using their web browser accessing a Python script (you can decrypt or stream).

right now videos/music are working well in Crypto encrypted mode (streaming, fast forward, resume, rewind). I haven't yet looked at photos, and i haven't included encrypted SRT.

This seems very promising. I'll tinker around with it and see if I can get it working. Looking forward to the guides when you get the time to make them.
Thumbs Up 
Big fan of Gdrive, works perfect and nothing wrong. Just kinda wondering if you have any new features/updates planned soon? Thanks
Hi~

I love gdrive! thank you very much!

Is it possible to use .SMI subtitles? there is no problem to use .SRT subtitles.
I have too many .SMI subtitles and it is too difficult to change to .SRT.
How can I use gdrive with .SMI subtitles?
hi!

I'm freaking out, because the add-on doesn't play the my .mkv's since several days. I have no clue, why it isn't working anymore.

Here's the DEBUG Log:

https://pastebin.com/4DhcEuDD

Thanks for everyone for helping me out.
You probably won't receive much help with that tiny snippet of the log.

Post the entire log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-07, 00:17)vassagopc Wrote: hi!

I'm freaking out, because the add-on doesn't play the my .mkv's since several days. I have no clue, why it isn't working anymore.

Here's the DEBUG Log:

https://pastebin.com/4DhcEuDD

Thanks for everyone for helping me out.

Is this a free google account or a paid google account?
It's a paid account.

It is possible to play alle the files in file mode; if a start the add-on manually, I can choose any .mkv and play it without problems.
(2017-07-07, 01:27)vassagopc Wrote: It's a paid account.

It is possible to play alle the files in file mode; if a start the add-on manually, I can choose any .mkv and play it without problems.

Not sure what you mean by alle the files in file mode.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12